Howto get an (old) Chamberlain Liftmaster opener to work with MME visor HomeLink - answered!

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
I have an old Chamberlain Liftmaster (2001), model sdr2000 garage door opener. This has a RED learn button. I have a couple hand held remotes that still work, but I'd really like to get the visor buttons in the MME to work so I can ditch the remotes. I watched a bunch of uTube videos, read the MME manual, read the instruction on the Liftmaster site; and nothing seems to be working for this old opener.

thanks to sifting around some additional posts, and finally locating a HomeLink instruction sheet, I got it working! See the following two posts. first is a video, second is a .pdf instruction sheet.
Sponsored

Last edited:

gnaark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
First Edition Rapid Red
Country flag
I have an old Chamberlain Liftmaster (2001), model sdr2000 garage door opener. This has a RED learn button. I have a couple hand held remotes that still work, but I'd really like to get the visor buttons in the MME to work so I can ditch the remotes. I watched a bunch of uTube videos, read the MME manual, read the instruction on the Liftmaster site; and nothing seems to be working for this old opener.

If anyone has succeeded in programming their MME visor HomeLink button to operate a 'RED button' Liftmaster circa 2001... please share the procedure!
hey I have a chamberlain lift master and I was struggling until I followed the steps in this video:

I also had to use the OG remote for this to work, not the spares one I bought

OP
OP
dtbaker61

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
thanks to a couple replies in a couple different threads, and the video above I was able to configure my MME Homelink! yay.

Key steps seems to have been:
- clear MME HomeLink by press&holding buttons 1,3 until HomeLink blinks
- position working remote 1"-3" inches from HL visor buttons
- press and HOLD remote and HL button until blink changes
....and since my opening is 'rolling code'
- used step stool to press/release 'learn button' on opener
....within 30 secs, get back in MME and press/release HL button 1,2, or maybe 3 times until door opens/closes

Attachments

06VistaGT

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach E, '06 Mustang GT, '06 Explorer, '15 CRV
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer
Country flag
Thanks! These instructions worked well for me. One slight difference from the .pdf instructions. On step 4, my homelike blinked rapidly, but never changed to solid. I just assumed that was close enough and went to the next step. Worked perfectly.
Sponsored