chrisGT

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mach-e GT
Country flag
did you try dish soap or ClearGlide on the rubber nub and just jamming it in with jack while lifting the vehicle ? I could not install by hand, I used a jack lifting the vehicle to jam them in....

or maybe file a little champher with a rat-tail file to take off any burr ?
The rears went in by just hand. The fronts will not go in by any force since the holes are much smaller. Maybe the GT is a little different than the non-GT.

OP
OP
dtbaker61

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
The rears went in by just hand. The fronts will not go in by any force since the holes are much smaller. Maybe the GT is a little different than the non-GT.

I should have measured before installation, but I didn't..... so I cannot verify that one way or the other, because I don't think I can get them OUT. ;)

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I have the same problem. I bought a set of Tesla pads and they fit only the rear holes of my GT. I need different pads for the front.
@scoopman do you remember what you use for the front?
I have these Corvette pads:
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B091FFG64D/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

😎🐩

I should have measured before installation, but I didn't..... so I cannot verify that one way or the other, because I don't think I can get them OUT. ;)
I did measure when I was trying them out and the front holes were ~0.100" smaller than the locator nipple on the Brand T pads. That's how I ended up with Corvette pads. 😊🐩

RMoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5, Toyota Sienna, 2022 Mach e
Country flag

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Do those slip right in without trimming a part of the T?
No. One leg of the T needs to be removed. They will not stay in the car if driven, but they will stay long enough if the car is stationary to lift the car. 😊🐩

RMoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5, Toyota Sienna, 2022 Mach e
Country flag
No. One leg of the T needs to be removed. They will not stay in the car if driven, but they will stay long enough if the car is stationary to lift the car. 😊🐩
Thanks. Just ordered a set. If the car needs to go on a lift somewhere I feel better having them. Also easier if I need to use my jack and jack stands when I get a tow hitch for my bike rack.

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 KIA EV6 GT, 2021 VW ID.4 Pro S
Occupation
former electric pony jockey
Country flag

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Actually I take this back, I looked again, and I did cut one side of them. When I put them in the holes, I put them in the gap between the hole and the side cladding, wedging them in a bit so they stayed in place. They have not come out in the month or more that they've been in there.

Here's how one of them look, I just took it out to check what I did (clearly this procedure was not too memorable to me!)

Ford Mustang Mach-E HowTo - modify Tesla Jack Lift Pads to protect MME battery rails PXL_20220505_012621923

And here's the same puck wedged next to the cladding so that it stays in.

Ford Mustang Mach-E HowTo - modify Tesla Jack Lift Pads to protect MME battery rails PXL_20220505_012757764

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Actually I take this back, I looked again, and I did cut one side of them. When I put them in the holes, I put them in the gap between the hole and the side cladding, wedging them in a bit so they stayed in place. They have not come out in the month or more that they've been in there.

Here's how one of them look, I just took it out to check what I did (clearly this procedure was not too memorable to me!)

Ford Mustang Mach-E HowTo - modify Tesla Jack Lift Pads to protect MME battery rails PXL_20220505_012757764

And here's the same puck wedged next to the cladding so that it stays in.

Wow, yours stay in, Scoop? I know the way I drive mine won't. LOL! 😱🤪🐩

OP
OP
dtbaker61

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag

so..... I can tell you that the Tesla pads have a hollow in the nub.... even though it is a press fit, they DO go in if you lube first. And they STAY in no problem. I decided to go that route so that it would be obvious to the tire shop, Service center, and I wouldn't have to take them in and out or carry them around.

I would suggest you try pressing them in with a jack before ordering a second set of corvette pads.

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
whichever pads (and lube, I don't want to know) you use, I will say that the pads were worth getting in there. It made it super-easy to direct the guys at America's Tire where to hand-jack my car up to change my tires, and even my dealer thought they were slick when they put my car up for its battery fix adventure.

Scipio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e GT Performance
Country flag
so..... I can tell you that the Tesla pads have a hollow in the nub.... even though it is a press fit, they DO go in if you lube first. And they STAY in no problem. I decided to go that route so that it would be obvious to the tire shop, Service center, and I wouldn't have to take them in and out or carry them around.

I would suggest you try pressing them in with a jack before ordering a second set of corvette pads.
Can anyone confirm the op pads work on the GT? Seems like they're down to $16 now
Sponsored