Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
I have been wondering about this product as well, cuz obviously, the market has demand for this, but when i look into the data, and the manual, it seems a general jack pad would work for MME. (Tesla would need a special one)
A general jack pad is not great..... people would likely position under the battery rail AND generic round pads are too big to fit under the proper lift points without crushing the plastic molding. generic rectangular pads pads might work.... but most are not designed to stay installed, which means you'd have to carry them with you for emergency use.

It would be great to have something similar to the mod I did on the Tesla pad that was designed to be pressed in once, and left in place.
Sponsored

OP
OP
dtbaker61

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
No. One leg of the T needs to be removed. They will not stay in the car if driven, but they will stay long enough if the car is stationary to lift the car. 😊🐩
this is why I am happy with the modified Tesla pads.
fit was tight enough that they have stayed in place, no problem.

I did put a piece of red stucco tape on rail over the holes BEFORE pressing the pads in to cover the sharp metal corner in the hole,
cut an X in the tape in the hole to,
lubed the pad nub with clearglide,
and the first use installed them 'permanently'.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
this is why I am happy with the modified Tesla pads.
fit was tight enough that they have stayed in place, no problem.

I did put a piece of red stucco tape on rail over the holes BEFORE pressing the pads in to cover the sharp metal corner in the hole,
cut an X in the tape in the hole to,
lubed the pad nub with clearglide,
and the first use installed them 'permanently'.
I just prefer that they are not quasi-permanently mounted. 🤪🐩

OP
OP
dtbaker61

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
I just prefer that they are not quasi-permanently mounted. 🤪🐩

I wanted them to stay in so that I didn't have them floating around my garage or cargo bin, so that I could be SURE that any tire shop, garage, dealership, or myself could easily locate proper lift points without having to find the damn things every time.

Having them in there makes it SUPER easy to position the jack correctly.

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Rivian R1T, 23 Tesla MYP
Occupation
IT Engineering
Country flag

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I don't have my MME yet, but does anyone think something like these will fit. Not sure if they are too wide for the area.
https://www.amazon.com/Adapter-Anodized-Aluminum-Corvette-Premium/dp/B07BNHNG7J/
The lifting point is about 3 1/2" wide if I remember correctly. I use some simple rubber lifting pucks and that seems to work okay. The pucks have a slot designed for uni-body vehicles that have a pinch weld at their lift points so the sheet metal lip doesn't get smashed. We don't need that slot for our cars of course, but the pucks work okay just the same.

The issue I have with the pucks is they aren't quite tall enough. I think they are just under 1 1/2" tall and that battery rail channel is maybe 1 5/8" tall. So, we need a puck that is a little bit taller to avoid contact with the jack pad itself. There also is a locating hole in the area but it's off center. You can probably place a puck centered on that hole but then it will smash the plastic rocker cover a little bit. Might survive okay but I didn't want to lift with the body trim so I made my own lifting pads. This is the area you have to work with.

Ford Mustang Mach-E HowTo - modify Tesla Jack Lift Pads to protect MME battery rails 1660587860523

The pucks I bought were just a little bit too short.

Ford Mustang Mach-E HowTo - modify Tesla Jack Lift Pads to protect MME battery rails 1660589925857

So I added a piece and it now works fine.

Ford Mustang Mach-E HowTo - modify Tesla Jack Lift Pads to protect MME battery rails 1660589976022

I also made a locating pin just because I like to over-do it sometimes. It really isn't necessary...

Ford Mustang Mach-E HowTo - modify Tesla Jack Lift Pads to protect MME battery rails 1660590053211

Here are the parts I used.
Ford Mustang Mach-E HowTo - modify Tesla Jack Lift Pads to protect MME battery rails 1660590085505

Ford Mustang Mach-E HowTo - modify Tesla Jack Lift Pads to protect MME battery rails 1660590122932

Fits nice and clears the battery tray as well as the rocker panel.

Ford Mustang Mach-E HowTo - modify Tesla Jack Lift Pads to protect MME battery rails 1660590199743

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
The lifting point is about 3 1/2" wide if I remember correctly. I use some simple rubber lifting pucks and that seems to work okay. The pucks have a slot designed for uni-body vehicles that have a pinch weld at their lift points so the sheet metal lip doesn't get smashed. We don't need that slot for our cars of course, but the pucks work okay just the same.

The issue I have with the pucks is they aren't quite tall enough. I think they are just under 1 1/2" tall and that battery rail channel is maybe 1 5/8" tall. So, we need a puck that is a little bit taller to avoid contact with the jack pad itself. There also is a locating hole in the area but it's off center. You can probably place a puck centered on that hole but then it will smash the plastic rocker cover a little bit. Might survive okay but I didn't want to lift with the body trim so I made my own lifting pads. This is the area you have to work with.

Ford Mustang Mach-E HowTo - modify Tesla Jack Lift Pads to protect MME battery rails 1660590199743

The pucks I bought were just a little bit too short.

So I added a piece and it now works fine.

I also made a locating pin just because I like to over-do it sometimes. It really isn't necessary...

Here are the parts I used.

Fits nice and clears the battery tray as well as the rocker panel.

I like your Batman gloves.

SWO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT, 2021 Escape PHEV, 2019 F-150
Country flag
I can't believe no one has made something specific to the Mach E yet.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Reactions: SWO