Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
I forgot to take photos and plan to rectify this soon, but today I installed the four modified Tesla lift pucks on my GT. The installation went smoothly and I also added
Ford Mustang Mach-E HowTo - modify Tesla Jack Lift Pads to protect MME battery rails Screen Shot 2022-10-02 at 11.04.12 PM

stickers on the underside of the trim pointing towards the pucks. The pucks worked flawlessly during installation of my Steeda sway bars.

Thank you Dan (@dtbaker61) for this most useful mod. I plan to leave the pucks in - hopefully they'll stay there - I think they will. 🤞🤞🤞
Sponsored

OP
OP
dtbaker61

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
I forgot to take photos and plan to rectify this soon, but today I installed the four modified Tesla lift pucks on my GT. The installation went smoothly and I also added
Screen Shot 2022-10-02 at 11.04.12 PM.jpg

stickers on the underside of the trim pointing towards the pucks. The pucks worked flawlessly during installation of my Steeda sway bars.

Thank you Dan (@dtbaker61) for this most useful mod. I plan to leave the pucks in - hopefully they'll stay there - I think they will. 🤞🤞🤞

mine have stayed in for last 18k miles... thru miles of bumpy dirt roads and winter snow/slush.

where did you get stickers? link?

....edit.... found'em
$11 - https://www.amazon.com/ComplianceSigns-Lifting-English-Yellow-4-pack/dp/B00JETXSMU/ref=sr_1_3?

21st Century Pony

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E 2022 Premium AWD ER
Country flag
My Tesla pucks have also stayed in their holes for the past 8,000+ miles and several car corner lifts on a heavy-duty Modern Spare jack.

MyLittlePony2022

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 "Mach-E Auto" GTPE, Cyber Orange
Country flag

JohnFoxeSheets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
mine have stayed in for last 18k miles... thru miles of bumpy dirt roads and winter snow/slush.

where did you get stickers? link?

....edit.... found'em
$11 - https://www.amazon.com/ComplianceSigns-Lifting-English-Yellow-4-pack/dp/B00JETXSMU/ref=sr_1_3?
Sorry, I had forgotten to include a link!! I'm glad you found them. And hmmmm, I guess I still owe this forum a photo of the pads plus stickers installed, so here they are:
Ford Mustang Mach-E HowTo - modify Tesla Jack Lift Pads to protect MME battery rails IMG_0759

Ford Mustang Mach-E HowTo - modify Tesla Jack Lift Pads to protect MME battery rails IMG_0760

Apologies for the dirt - I just got back from a road trip that included some dusty roads...

OP
OP
dtbaker61

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
Sorry, I had forgotten to include a link!! I'm glad you found them. And hmmmm, I guess I still owe this forum a photo of the pads plus stickers installed, so here they are:

Ford Mustang Mach-E HowTo - modify Tesla Jack Lift Pads to protect MME battery rails IMG_0760

Apologies for the dirt - I just got back from a road trip that included some dusty roads...

I liked your stickers.... got some, and decided to put them on the rails where they are actually easy to see while positioning a jack. Can't really see them unless you are on your knees...
Ford Mustang Mach-E HowTo - modify Tesla Jack Lift Pads to protect MME battery rails 20221017 lift sticker

JohnFoxeSheets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
I liked your stickers.... got some, and decided to put them on the rails where they are actually easy to see while positioning a jack. Can't really see them unless you are on your knees...
Ford Mustang Mach-E HowTo - modify Tesla Jack Lift Pads to protect MME battery rails 20221017 lift sticker
Clever!

One of my lift pads started to come loose, so I removed it. I need to check them all and decide what to do...

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

I recently bought the bright blue corvette pucks and will install them soon.

I added similar signage for the tow points.
Ford Mustang Mach-E HowTo - modify Tesla Jack Lift Pads to protect MME battery rails IMG_9964
Ford Mustang Mach-E HowTo - modify Tesla Jack Lift Pads to protect MME battery rails IMG_9965

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

Ford Mustang Mach-E HowTo - modify Tesla Jack Lift Pads to protect MME battery rails IMG_9965
I bought the blue metal Vette pucks also , haven’t installed yet.

what occurred to me is if I use lock-tite which I bought and makes sense How do I remove the pucks if I wanted to. I was also planning on using 3m tape on the back piece that goes in the railing so it also stays put in addition to the 3m tape on the backside of the puck itself. But if I use lock-tight can I then remove the screw Or is it in for life?

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I bought the blue metal Vette pucks also , haven’t installed yet.

what occurred to me is if I use lock-tite which I bought and makes sense How do I remove the pucks if I wanted to. I was also planning on using 3m tape on the back piece that goes in the railing so it also stays put in addition to the 3m tape on the backside of the puck itself. But if I use lock-tight can I then remove the screw Or is it in for life?
Lock-Tite locks threads in tight but it isn't superglue (unless you buy the Lock-Tite super glue). You can break loose threads after using Lock-Tite, it just takes more pressure to break them loose.

JohnFoxeSheets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag

I'll be interested to see your results with the Corvette pucks... I think I should add 3M tape to the backs of my pucks - that should hopefully solve the issue of them coming loose.

DaMeatMan

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Extended Range Battery
Country flag
Since Ford does not provide Jack lift pads, and the average DIY mechanic and/or tire shop is quite likely to position their Lift pads on the battery rails with potentially disastrous results if the aluminum rails are crushed... I thought I'd look around for something more elegant than a piece of 2x4 that could be installed in CORRECT lift points.

I found nothing for the Mach-e online, but I did find lift pads for the Tesla x,y,etc $20 for a set of 4

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09NRLZNRK?

turns out however that they interfere with the lower molding on Mach-e, and need a little trim to fit well. Here's the pix of the stock lift pads, how I trimmed them, and the end result.... which I hope is obvious if anyone by me lifts the car.

---- post install update ----

after initial 'install' when I lifted all 4 corners to swap all-season with winter snows, the lift pads are hanging in there with no additional expansion bolts or screw or anything. The rubber nubs on the pads apparently are soft enough to deform on install, and bulge a bit inside the rail after installed.

so..... works great, and makes it much easier to locate the jack correctly before lifting!

I just ordered some stickers (inspired by @JohnFoxeSheets )
to make it even more clear....
$11 -
https://www.amazon.com/ComplianceSigns-Lifting-English-Yellow-4-pack/dp/B00JETXSMU/ref=sr_1_3?

and as long as I was there, I added TOW stickers at the front locations.

1665584379194.png
Great info and very clear signage! 👍

Would have been great if @FordMotorCompany did not treat these sort of routine service requirements as an after thought. Particularly in regards to the ambiguity of the official tow points on the vehicle, and in particular the lack of an official tow point from the rear of the vehicle. Really??? They never anticipated a vehicle would need a tow from behind?

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I'll be interested to see your results with the Corvette pucks... I think I should add 3M tape to the backs of my pucks - that should hopefully solve the issue of them coming loose.
That's what the poster above did. I plan to pick some 3M auto tape before I do the installation.

OP
OP
dtbaker61

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
That's what the poster above did. I plan to pick some 3M auto tape before I do the installation.

The Tesla Pucks I used have not budged.... I did put a piece of red vynal tape over the holes to protect puck nub from sharp edge, cut an 'X', and pressed mine in with a little ClearGlide and the floorjack. I haven't tried to remove them, but can't imagine any need to. The Dealership did not have any problem dropping battery tray for my HVBJB replacement.

Mauser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Mach-e GT-PE Space White
Country flag
dish soap works too, but clearGlide is great for wire pulls and cutting rubber. These Tesla pads look to be hockey pucks with a nub molded on top.....
Oh man, I didn't even think of this - I have a bucket of pucks. I can just use one of those when jacking...
Sponsored