Hummer EV the champ at DCFC charging rate(s)?

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
The prices on the f series are crazy. But most use as work trucks. Texas is the biggest buyer. No big incentives for them. Sold as quick as ford makes them.

ORDER BANK 10/18/20
SUPER DUTY MODEL YEAR 2020
EXPEDITION
NAVIGATOR
SUPER DUTY MODEL YEAR 2021
ORDER BANK 10/11/20
SUPER DUTY
EXPEDITION
NAVIGATOR
SCHEDULING CLERK

Ford makes about 900 a shift. times 3 shifts. overtime each week been none stop.

truck ford.png
Sponsored

DBC

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt ELR
Country flag
The Hummer is so ostentatious and over-the-top you HAVE to love it. it's the Baroque on steroids coming to the 21st Century automobile industry. Brilliant.

Would I buy it? No. Do I want it? No. But if would fit in the garage I'd much rather have this thing than a Tesla Model X or MB S class sedan. If you want to make a statement -- a BIG statement -- then there is no finer choice.

For sure there will be some of these guys in the parking lots where I am. Right now the most popular vehicle at my workout is a Range Rover, with the occasional Ferrari, BMW i8, or Lexus LFA. Also plenty off Model S and Model X. Well move over Range Rover, there is a new sheriff in town. A BIG BIG new sheriff. ? ? ?

No point in trying to compare this to a work truck. Ford will have an electric version of a work truck as will GM. Those will be utilitarian to some extent. The Hummer? Not chance. Who will buy a Hummer? Rappers? YES. Contractors? NO.

Last edited:

DBC

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt ELR
Country flag
"Our 50kW to 350kW chargers will be available at charging stations near highways, and 50kW to 150kW chargers will be available in metropolitan areas." -- Electrify America

Might be an exception or these may be considered not to be in a metro area. But are you sure these are 350kW charges? The only 350kW charger Plugshare shows near Portland is in Vancouver.

DBC

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt ELR
Country flag
I can't find any 350kW chargers near Portland on either the Plugshare or EA maps. Would be disturbing if the info on those sites is wrong.

The language isn't the clearest, but FWIW my interpretation is that a highway running through a metro area is a metro area.

1pt21Gigawatts

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Toyota Camry
Occupation
Architect
Country flag
I’ll tell you one thing. The advertising and marketing budget on this vehicle are INSANE. We got Idris Elba doing a 15 second spot with some obtuse monologue with barely a glimpse of the car, these guys got a CGI sonic boom and triple-header NFL commercials and ads on every site for something they’re not even selling.

I can only hope Ford actually advertises this thing once it gets into showrooms and people can go in the spring.

1pt21Gigawatts

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Toyota Camry
Occupation
Architect
Country flag
Well, processed reservations. Tbh a number of people (including me) have gotten and cancelled multiple reservations. Have to imagine less than 50% of that is solid. I think @trutolife mentioned this morning that we just hit 60k orders
Sponsored