I’m losing faith in Ford, another recall?

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
That is a total NOTHING issue.

Reset TPMS to 42. Fill tires up. Replace placard if needed.

MG101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
a car
Country flag
In my 20ish years with Lexus/Toyota there have always been a steady stream of recalls either voluntary or forced with both brands. You name it and at one point there was probably a recall.
It happens, it will continue to happen, it will always happen.
I would be more worried if the manufaturer didn't step up with at fix.

StillWaitingForMachE

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 IBSM ER AWD California Rt 1 MME (Mike-E)
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Now lightnings have been recalled. Small with tire pressure but whole I’m waiting for my Mach Prem, I’m getting worried. No way would I pay ADM with all this.

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/ford-recalls-2-900-ev-200000826.html
Programming is hard. One typo or one number that changed at some point but wasn't redefined everywhere it was given a value or compared to a value and suddenly your car drives backwards when you hit the gas.

And seriously this is nothing. I've never driven a car with TPMS (although this will change when I get my MME), and I've been just fine. TPMS is a quality of life feature, not a you can't drive without it feature. No need to make mountains out of molehills.

Blue highway

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR RWD
Country flag

coolshades

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar XF -> Mach E AWD ER, Rapid Red
Country flag
Am I reading that right? Ford has a higher recall rate than Tesla despite manufacturing for longer?

MyLittlePony2022

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 "Mach-E Auto" GTPE, Cyber Orange
Country flag
I look at this as a positve. Yes, the negative is that Ford did not provide absolute quality (could be their manufacturer and not them) and there is an issue. The positive is there is an issue and Ford is fixing the problem. I give them points for fixing it versus me having to fight with the dealer and the Ford engineers for me to prove I have an issue.

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, '22 California Route 1
Country flag

OH2AZ2OH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 4X
Country flag
Am I reading that right? Ford has a higher recall rate than Tesla despite manufacturing for longer?
That data set is almost 6 years old. Given the large number of recalls that Tesla has been pressured to make recently, I’m sure rankings have shuffled a bit.

I find some irony in Ford doing a (minor) TPMS related recall since the Ford Explorer is a big part of the reason that TPMS was mandated.

Boselka

First Name
Jason & Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Website
vibedigital.marketing
Vehicles
'16 CMaxEnergi|'17 FocusElectric|'21 Mustang MachE
Occupation
Website Design, Development, and Digital Marketing
Country flag
Yes you are reading this correct, however there is a caveat in the condition of this being a recall list that includes Voluntary recalls. Like this issue which is small, and a quick over the air fix. So Ford made a mistake and they informed the government and everyone else. Tesla is currently under a NHTSA investigation for several bugs that were know and fixed without any notification. So if found guilty it means Tesla knowingly fixed a safety issue via software update and did not officially report as they are supposed to.

RyZt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E4X
Country flag
Why do you consider “recall” a metric?

I don’t mind recalls at all. It’s so much better if manufacturer are honest when they see problems, when employees feel no pressure from management to hide or downplay problems, and when management act responsibly and swiftly to issue recalls.

Recalls cost manufacturers money. Therefore, all else being equal, the more recalls the better. Now, caveat is “all else being equal”. If you believe that more recall means the initial product has a lower quality, I can see why you dislike recalls. But I don’t believe that recall is a useful metric for quality.

Manufacturers lose my trust when it’s exposed that they hid recall-worthy problems, when they issue 3 recalls trying to fix the same problem, when they intentionally mislead regulators, or when they refuse to issue recalls even though they’re rolling out a fix and every one knows about the problem. Manufacturers don’t lose my trust when they issue recalls.

On the other hand, if you’re financially affected because you can’t lease out or sell the vehicle, I can see your pain. That really sucks. My comment above is limited to people who buy cars for their own use.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag

ElectrifyME

First Name
Carrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
In my 20ish years with Lexus/Toyota there have always been a steady stream of recalls either voluntary or forced with both brands. You name it and at one point there was probably a recall.
It happens, it will continue to happen, it will always happen.
I would be more worried if the manufaturer didn't step up with at fix.
Good point. Makes me reminisce about those airbags in my Honda CRV….which I still drive. It’s easy to get fixated and spooled up about this. Bottom line, we just want the car as advertised. Simple. With basic things, like acceleration, range, technology that works, to able to unlock the doors, etc. you know all the fancy stuff….

GrumblesTheDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GB FE
Country flag
I'm more interested in the VERY concrete timeline they gave for an OTA fix. Not "Q1/2/3" etc, but 30 days. Will they miss it? Maybe, but that kind of specificity makes me optimistic that the whole OTA process is maturing.
Sponsored