I-89 Northern VT

mr_raider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Select AWD
Country flag
Anyone done the drive down to Burlington VT? What's charging infrastructure like from the border down to Burlington in VT?

I can get there in one charge but will need to recharge before returning.
Sponsored

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
There's charging in St. Albans, but it's only 50kW. An EA station has been "coming soon" in Colchester for about 2 years, but still no sign of construction. Your best bet is probably to charge at the new ChargePoint stations in South Burlington, which are 125kW.

WWJPD

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GTPE
Country flag
If you are staying in downtown Burlington, there are some public L2 chargers on the street and in public garage. I used that overnight to fully charge up.

Skip Towne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4x Premium
Country flag
Plugshare and ABRP are my best friends when planning a trip like that. Thry show a lot of chargers the Ford system misses.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
If you are staying in downtown Burlington, there are some public L2 chargers on the street and in public garage. I used that overnight to fully charge up.
There are also a couple of hidden Tesla Destination Chargers in a small lot behind Hotel Vermont in Burlington. I've asked at the front desk, and they said that anybody can use them. I've never seen another car there (Tesla or otherwise). Since Teslas regularly block the L2 chargers around Burlington without even plugging in, I don't feel bad about using those.

OP
OP

mr_raider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Select AWD
Country flag
Thanks. Did the trip on one charge,. Overnight L2 in garage parking (Chargepoint). Returned on one charge with range to spare.

Also Mobil in St Albans has mulitple L3s.