Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DMG GT; Taycan, Q7, Sienna Hybrid
Occupation
Solver of problems
Country flag
These honks and warnings clearly need to be changed to a speaking voice. The other day someone posted that because they disabled the reverse braking assist (as I recall), they always have a warning on the screen, so they missed that there charging door was open. Now this. Maybe this is what we need:

"Yo! Macaroni! You left me running, you idiot!" [said in a Sylvester Stallone voice]

"The charging door is open, you macaroon! Did you zip your fly?"
Brilliant. After a few "recalculating" the NAV could say "Fine, f*ck it. Go however you want."
It would be nice if the bing bongs were words instead. If you leave the charger open it gives a quiet "hey- you, uh gonna leave it like that?" Then a little louder, "Charger door." Then when you back out of the garage and forceably remove the charger door it changes to "Did you make an appointment to get that fixed yet?"
Sponsored

Hammered

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 PB F150, MME GTPE
Country flag
I've disabled all nuisance honks in both of my 'new' fords, as well as deleted the speaker in the F150 entirely (MMEs on the chopping block). I regularly exit them both running, and since the F150 is hybrid it's never running when exited. I don't even use park in the MME, I Just either exit or turn it off. When stopped, both vehicles go to park on door open (plus have autohold enabled as well), they'll both randomly set the e-brake as well. As for the speaker delete, being able to silently creep around is exactly how I want it. The backup bonging is just stupid. (Yes I'm aware I should BOLO for those blind joggers)

Both vehicles auto shutdown after a set period (I believe you can set this time variable in forscan you pet owners).

Electrifiedsince2013

First Name
Kristin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang MachE, 2020 Mustang Convertible
Occupation
health care
Country flag
You have to turn around and use a parenting voice, "I said go the F to sleep!" Works on my car (Sheeba) every time.

Sheeba is friggin lock happy. Location based smartlock (like phones) would be nice. I sometimes go down to the garage with no fob or phone only to find I'm locked out. Never appreciated having a door code so much.
I use my door code in my garage more often than any other location. If I am anywhere else I have my phone or key. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Christina

First Name
Christina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2006 Toyota Highlander
Occupation
Software Quality Assurance Engineer
Country flag
So I ran into Manhattan today to pick something up, and found some nice street parking on east 97th right by the traverse. It was a beautiful space with nobody in front of me, but I still didn't want to be there long. I grabbed my phone and my bag, touched the door lock heard honk, and went to pick up my item. 5 minutes later I'm back and noticed the indicator lights on. I open the door to be greeted with the car still on and "running." Now I'm not even sure if that honk was for the lock, or me walking away with the keys without shutting it off. Because it's electric I didn't hear the engine running. Thankfully it was still there when I came back, and I just learned a big lesson to double check that it shut off before I leave, especially when street parking.

Just telling my story so that no one else is an idiot like me.
I've done it too, twice. Now I have make it a conscious effort, no more doing it by rote.

wrzi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E
I've been waiting for the day I do this. I started saying out loud... "unfasten seat belt, turn off car"...just to be sure. Now that I'm getting accustomed to an EV, I think I've got it under control. 😁
I will usually turn off the car rather than put it in "park" as turning the power off puts it in park and engages the parking break...
The only downside is that if you do that in an ICE, it will not put you in park. :p

BARRIDALE

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE premium and MachE GT
Country flag
One advantage of an EV is that even if it is running people walk by will not hear an engine and see no one in the vehicle. This is how car theft most often happens. Everybody is correct two beeps if you forgot to turn it off I think they stand for “hey dummy “

Pony's Clare

First Name
Clare
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E California Route 1
Country flag
Ha! My previous car was an Escape Hybrid which turns off the engine at low RPM. One evening I parked the car in the garage when the engine wasn't running. Now the hybrid will turn the engine on and off and so it did all night long.
The next morning I noticed something was wrong when I was getting lukewarm water when I took a shower. The engine had nearly sucked all the oxygen in my garage causing the flame in the hot water heater to diminish.
Did I feel like a fool? You bet. You are not an idiot, you just joined the family of human beings.
Thank you for your warning. I'll remember when parking my MME.

lightnin

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME RWD X batt, 2018 Subaru Outback
Occupation
retired IT
Country flag
I've disabled all nuisance honks in both of my 'new' fords, as well as deleted the speaker in the F150 entirely (MMEs on the chopping block). I regularly exit them both running, and since the F150 is hybrid it's never running when exited. I don't even use park in the MME, I Just either exit or turn it off. When stopped, both vehicles go to park on door open (plus have autohold enabled as well), they'll both randomly set the e-brake as well. As for the speaker delete, being able to silently creep around is exactly how I want it. The backup bonging is just stupid. (Yes I'm aware I should BOLO for those blind joggers)

Both vehicles auto shutdown after a set period (I believe you can set this time variable in forscan you pet owners).
I absolutely hate the nuisance honks. To keep the "you left your car on when you walked away with the keys" honk from happening. I just leave the key in the car, which is a worse security situation than walking away with the key.

How did you disable these honks?

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The honk for walk away lock is a single honk and walking away with the key while car is "on" is two honks.
They really need to change the walkaway honk to a gentle chirp. Or add that as a choice anyway. Honk is too annoying on a regular basis.

Hammered

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 PB F150, MME GTPE
Country flag
I absolutely hate the nuisance honks. To keep the "you left your car on when you walked away with the keys" honk from happening. I just leave the key in the car, which is a worse security situation than walking away with the key.

How did you disable these honks?
Forscan -- It's a $50 adapter and let's you make all sorts of customizations. Don't leave the key in the car, it could be gone when you get back.
Sponsored