I am thinking of replacing my electric car with a petrol car and have some questions

TJ-Mach-e

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Merc S550, 2021 MME AWD ER
Country flag
1. I have heard that petrol cars can not refuel at home while you sleep? How often do you have to refill elsewhere? Is this several times a year? Will there be a solution for refueling at home?

2. Which parts will I need service on and how often? The car salesman mentioned a box with gears in it. What is this and will I receive a warning with an indicator when I need to change gear?

3. Can I accelerate and brake with one pedal as I do today with my electric car?

4. Do I get fuel back when I slow down or drive downhill? I assume so, but need to ask to be sure.

5. The car I test drove seemed to have a delay from the time I pressed the accelerator pedal until it began to accelerate. Is that normal in petrol cars?

6. We currently pay about 1.2p per mile to drive our electric car. I have heard that petrol can cost up to 10 times as much so I reckon we will lose some money in the beginning. We drive about 20,000 miles a year. Let's hope more people will start using petrol so prices go down.

7. Is it true that petrol is flammable? Should I empty the tank and store the petrol somewhere else while the car is in the garage?

8. Is there an automatic system to prevent gasoline from catching fire or exploding in an accident. What does this cost?

9. I understand that the main ingredient in petrol is oil. Is it true that the extraction and refining of oil causes environmental problems as well as conflicts and major wars that over the last 100 years have cost millions of lives? Is there a solution to these problems?

10..I have heard that cars with internal combustion based engines are being banned to enter more and more cities around the world, as it is claimed that they tend to harm the environment and health of their citizens?? Is that true??

I may have more questions later, but these are the most important ones to me at the moment. Thank you in advance for your reply.

Source: https://www.linkedin.c/
Sponsored

AzCoronaDog

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Porsche 911 Cabriolet, '21 MME, '17 Yukon XL
Country flag
Funny to be sure, but EVs cannot replace petrol for every purpose, at least yet.

I am thinking of replacing my petrol truck with an electric truck, and I have a some questions.

1. I hear that EV cars cannot refuel at any corner gas station in 10 minutes or less? How long does it take to refuel if you can only find a 120v plug? Will there be a solution for refueling from 0 to 100% faster than ICE?

2. Can I change the battery pack at home with little or no tools? Are the batteries available at Costco in bulk?

3. Can I brake and accelerate at the same time and do mad burnouts as I do today with my ICE truck?

4. What type of container do I need to store extra electrons for long off road trips like the gas cans I have now?

5. The EV I drove did not make awesome engine noises like my V8, is that normal for EVs?

6. My utility company uses fossil fuels to make electricity, but since the emissions do not come out of a tailpipe, an EV does not pollute at all, right?

7. Is it true that the battery pack in an EV can catch fire if punctured, and requires special training to put it out? Should I remove the battery when driving it to prevent this in case of an accident?

8. Is there an automatic system to prevent lithium ion batteries from catching fire and burning for hours? What does this cost?

9. I understand that the main ingredients in lithium ion batteries are heavy metals that are highly toxic. Is it true that there is a limited supply of these elements on the planet, just like oil? And is it true that these materials are mined, shipped and refined using petrol powered machinery and ships? And is it true these materials are being mined in countries with major civil and worker's rights issues? Is there a solution to this problem?

10. I have heard that EV drivers are eco-snobs and think they are saving the planet with their tiny contribution to environmentalism, yet they can afford these expensive mostly luxury level vehicles and typically live better and consume more resources that 99.99% of the people on the planet. Is this true?

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag

AzCoronaDog

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Porsche 911 Cabriolet, '21 MME, '17 Yukon XL
Country flag
Firstly baaahahaaaa, secondly, this is hysterical....and thirdly, this pic...
Ford Mustang Mach-E I am thinking of replacing my electric car with a petrol car and have some questions wordswag_1626902941793
Damn straight!
Not only does my 911 have a Frunk, it does not have stupid dividers, you can open it from the fob, from putting your hand near the Porsche logo, or with a switch in the door jamb.
However, I might have to mod it to have a drain so I can put the ice and shrimp in there without such a mess!

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
LMFAO

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE - Grabber Blue - Blucifer Twocifer
Country flag
Damn straight!
Not only does my 911 have a Frunk, it does not have stupid dividers, you can open it from the fob, from putting your hand near the Porsche logo, or with a switch in the door jamb.
However, I might have to mod it to have a drain so I can put the ice and shrimp in there without such a mess!
And your trunk?

Peaceowl

First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE, Audi Q5
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I’ve never seen a Swan with a frunk ....maybe a Pelican Who likes shrimp ? ;). This post is so funny!

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Love the satire. But can you imagine e if electric cars had come first. The learning curve would be horrendous. I’ve had a learning curve switching to EV. But the other way would be so much worse.

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
Love the satire. But can you imagine e if electric cars had come first. The learning curve would be horrendous. I’ve had a learning curve switching to EV. But the other way would be so much worse.
Electric cars are actually as old as ice cars and where some of the first cars.
Sponsored