I bought a new Mach-E on Tuesday, 6/14

GABAR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco
Country flag
Your argument is completely irrelevant. No one cares whether loaners are perks or not. The customer doesn’t want a loaner. They want to drive the vehicle they purchased and to be left the hell alone. It’s the dealer that’s demanding the customer returns the vehicle to them because they made a $21,000 mistake and violated federal law. That’s the story here. No all caps required. Take your anger somewhere else.
Wow dude……….You’re totally going off the deep end and misunderstanding everything and anything I wrote.

I have no dog in the fight nor am I arguing.

Take a deep breath, calm down, and comprehend instead of just reading and reacting.

Have a good day.
Sponsored

StillWaitingForMachE

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 IBSM ER AWD California Rt 1 MME (Mike-E)
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
What's with all the people freaking out and being like "no fix till August" and "can't take the car home for months"???

Unless I missed out on some earth shattering news, the fix is already being installed on production vehicles, and goes out to dealers in July (and although they don't specify when in July, that's likely/hopefully July 1)

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
What's with all the people freaking out and being like "no fix till August" and "can't take the car home for months"???

Unless I missed out on some earth shattering news, the fix is already being installed on production vehicles, and goes out to dealers in July (and although they don't specify when in July, that's likely/hopefully July 1)
Because it still isn't 100% clear if it really is just a software update as the dealer notice said software and/or parts replacement. Also, the CEO of Ford said they're aiming for end of July for the update to be available, which means it'll probably be August as they've never hit any of their planned dates thus far. So if you're already waiting 10 months for your car and it is just sitting at the dealer for at least another month, if not longer, I'd be pretty freaked out, too. Especially with how shady dealers are, there is a good chance we'll be reading a lot more horror stories about how cars on recall hold were sold out from under them after it was completed.

GreaseMonkey

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Country flag

A couple of things:

1. I heard reference to a new part that is being installed on the newly built vehicles, which is likely done in conjunction with a software update. It might mean that the software update for recalled vehicles might need to be tweaked for vehicles with old part number to handle more part-to-part variability.

2. There was also reference to up to 8 modules that would need to be updated to ensure proper functionality across various versions of these modules installed on vehicles subject to recall (all 48,000).

Both are speculative, but might explain why it might take longer to deploy.

StillWaitingForMachE

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 IBSM ER AWD California Rt 1 MME (Mike-E)
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Because it still isn't 100% clear if it really is just a software update as the dealer notice said software and/or parts replacement. Also, the CEO of Ford said they're aiming for end of July for the update to be available, which means it'll probably be August as they've never hit any of their planned dates thus far. So if you're already waiting 10 months for your car and it is just sitting at the dealer for at least another month, if not longer, I'd be pretty freaked out, too. Especially with how shady dealers are, there is a good chance we'll be reading a lot more horror stories about how cars on recall hold were sold out from under them after it was completed.
Sorry but when did he say end of July? The only timeline I've heard from Jim Farley is "July"

Additionally, Ford has every reason to get this fix right and get it out ASAP. Every Mach E is affected. And not only will the bad PR of this recall hurt Mach E sales, it will likely hurt Lightning sales as well

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Ford F-150, Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
They called again and they're bringing us a pre-owned 2021 Mach-E (I think they said a premium but my husband thinks they said select) for us to borrow until ours is ready. So apparently they CAN use any car on the lot as a loaner. Basically we're in about the same position as if we'd bought our car on Saturday rather than Tuesday.

I didn't take that as a threat. They said they couldn't register the car with Ford as sold to us because of the recall, which others on the forum have also said would be an issue. If we contacted Ford about an issue with the car they wouldn't know who we were. They also said the warranty doesn't start running until they register the car as sold to us and that will be after the car is fixed.
Seems like a great resolution. Now enjoy your trip!

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
the fix is already being installed on production vehicles, and goes out to dealers in July (and although they don't specify when in July, that's likely/hopefully July 1)
There’s a difference between installing software at the factory and getting the same software into a package dealers can use in FDRS. There’s an even bigger jump to delivering it via OTA.

Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 2021
Country flag
I would ghost them.

JeanneB

First Name
Jeanne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford MME GT
Occupation
finance manager
Country flag
Also keep in mind if you return the vehicle to them, you’re still making payment and your warranty remains active (for possibly months). I would never.

The dealer can't report the vehicle sold so technically the warranty hasn't started yet.

JeanneB

First Name
Jeanne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford MME GT
Occupation
finance manager
Country flag
The dealer can't report the vehicle sold so technically the warranty hasn't started yet,

OP
OP

dracisk

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Mach-E Select AWD
Occupation
lawyer
Country flag
The dealer can't report the vehicle sold so technically the warranty hasn't started yet,
Yes, they told us the warranty would start once this issue is resolved and we take (re-)delivery of the car -- which looks like it'll be tomorrow!
Sponsored