I canceled my Mach-E order and got a Bolt EUV instead

EchoRomeo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E SEL / comf+tech / grabber blue (pending)
Country flag
So after waiting about six and half months, my Mach-E was finally built and shipped earlier this week. However, my local Chevy dealer made me an offer I couldn't refuse for a new Bolt EUV (LT trim w/most options) at a discounted price. GM recently slashed Bolt EUV prices by $6,300, plus I had GM Family First discount of $3,000, putting the final price under $30K. I'd continued expressing interest since the Bolts went back on sale and then got a call from my Chevy dealer early Tuesday telling me that some EUVs had just arrived (this dealership doesn't take reservations but sells cars purely on a first-come first-served basis). I had to act fast so I jumped on it.

It's kind of ridiculous thinking back at all the mental energy I put into the Mach-E I just abandoned (lol). Kind of a byproduct I guess of how difficult it is to get an EV these days...plenty of time to tootle around forums, etc., contemplating the status of EV manufacturing/deliveries.

I'm totally happy with the Bolt EUV and, for the 99% use case, it fits my family of four just about perfectly. It's smaller than the Mach-E but we aren't large people so the size of the car is more than adequate. There isn't as much trunk space, but we generally don't need that much anyway. My Bolt EUV also has ventilated seats and roof rails, which the Mach-E doesn't have. I know not everyone is cross-shopping the EUV since a lot of people need AWD or extended range, which the Bolt doesn't offer. But for my segment of the market I'd always felt the EUV was highly competitive. For ~$10K less, for the trims I was comparing, it was a no-brainer for me.

The Mach-E is a great car and I'd have been thrilled to accept delivery of mine in another month or so. But in the end I'm even more thrilled to have gotten great value for an EV that provides everything I need. Godspeed to all of you continuing to wait on your Mach-Es!
Sponsored

Mathington

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium SR AWD
Country flag
Congrats on your purchase! The price of the Bolt EUV is extremely tempting for a 2nd car and perfect for commuting.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Bolt's are good vehicles--turned one in (the EV, not the EUV) when I got my Mach-E.

You can tow it on a dolly too ;)
Ford Mustang Mach-E I canceled my Mach-E order and got a Bolt EUV instead 1656089110693

Todd44

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Leaf, MME Select, Red, RWD ordered 3/17/22
Occupation
Software Developer Manager
Country flag
Iā€™m keeping my order, but going to purchase a Bolt Premier on 7/11. IF and WHEN the MachE comes in, AND the 7500, is still applicable, Iā€™ll purchase and decide if I want to switch or stay with the Bolt. Same as you, with 6300 off Iā€™m paying 35 out the door, taxes and everything. IF I decide to keep Bolt, Iā€™ll just sell the MachE.

ElectrikPony

First Name
RANDY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None yet
Country flag
So after waiting about six and half months, my Mach-E was finally built and shipped earlier this week. However, my local Chevy dealer made me an offer I couldn't refuse for a new Bolt EUV (LT trim w/most options) at a discounted price. GM recently slashed Bolt EUV prices by $6,300, plus I had GM Family First discount of $3,000, putting the final price under $30K. I'd continued expressing interest since the Bolts went back on sale and then got a call from my Chevy dealer early Tuesday telling me that some EUVs had just arrived (this dealership doesn't take reservations but sells cars purely on a first-come first-served basis). I had to act fast so I jumped on it.

It's kind of ridiculous thinking back at all the mental energy I put into the Mach-E I just abandoned (lol). Kind of a byproduct I guess of how difficult it is to get an EV these days...plenty of time to tootle around forums, etc., contemplating the status of EV manufacturing/deliveries.

I'm totally happy with the Bolt EUV and, for the 99% use case, it fits my family of four just about perfectly. It's smaller than the Mach-E but we aren't large people so the size of the car is more than adequate. There isn't as much trunk space, but we generally don't need that much anyway. My Bolt EUV also has ventilated seats and roof rails, which the Mach-E doesn't have. I know not everyone is cross-shopping the EUV since a lot of people need AWD or extended range, which the Bolt doesn't offer. But for my segment of the market I'd always felt the EUV was highly competitive. For ~$10K less, for the trims I was comparing, it was a no-brainer for me.

The Mach-E is a great car and I'd have been thrilled to accept delivery of mine in another month or so. But in the end I'm even more thrilled to have gotten great value for an EV that provides everything I need. Godspeed to all of you continuing to wait on your Mach-Es!
Dang your order is very close to what I wanted. I ordered a Premium in grabber blue awd with standard range. I could live without the B&O sound system but loosing AWD I just couldn't do. The RWD version to me felt way slower than the AWD.

LeanneL

First Name
Leanne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GTP
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
I cancelled my Bolt EUV order and took over an abandoned Mach order!

LeanneL

First Name
Leanne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GTP
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Love it! To each his own.
Totally! For me it was about wait time. I was able to jump on a mach order that was 3 weeks from being built vs 3- months for the Bolt Premier. Tech wise, the Bolt is a bit better.

ripperAZ

First Name
Ripper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ice White Mustang Mach E AWD EX BATT
Country flag
Why not just buy it put it on your credit for a couple weeks and then sell it and make 10 grand. At least. Easy.

Jes sayinā€¦.

ChuckA

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 MME Premium AWD ER in Infinite Blue
Occupation
Accountant-Retired
Country flag
If I needed another car the EUV Bolt looks tempting. It seems to check many boxes. Value/price is good.

My 3rd car is a ā€˜02 Honda CR-V the we use when we pick up potting soil at the garden center or transport the dog to the vet. Only used 2000 miles / year.

EELinneman

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition
Occupation
Sr. Dir Cloud & Projects
Country flag
I hope you enjoy your new car and it serves you well.

OP
OP

EchoRomeo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E SEL / comf+tech / grabber blue (pending)
Country flag
Why not just buy it put it on your credit for a couple weeks and then sell it and make 10 grand. At least. Easy.

Jes sayinā€¦.
I emailed the dealer requesting the order be canceled and they replied that I actually need to physically get to the dealership to swipe my card to get the deposit back. I'm out of town for a couple weeks and they said the order will remain active in case I change my mind.

Do you have any details on exactly how I'd go about flipping it? That's not normally the kind of thing I'd do, lol. I'm pretty sure I'm credit worthy enough to take delivery but I'd still be financing almost all of it. My order is price protected for -$1000, I have x-plan (MCA), and could benefit from the tax credit, so I feel like the risk of taking a loss is pretty low.

What would you do? Just list it on Autotrader after a few days, even with temp registration still on it? Or go to Carvana with it? Is there anything I would really need to know when flipping a brand new car like this?

Todd44

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Leaf, MME Select, Red, RWD ordered 3/17/22
Occupation
Software Developer Manager
Country flag
LOL. oh well, I had an offer from the GM dealership on Thursday, I accepted it (all over text and phone calls, I was unable to get to the dealership). They asked for Driverā€™s license, Proof of insurance, and to fill out the online Financial forms, I did all of that, I asked what I needed to do to reserve this vehicle, down payment? Formal signed document, ā€œOh no, no need for that, we will hold it for you.ā€
I told the Chevy dealer I was going on vacation (Just Friday, Saturday, and Sunday), Iā€™d be back Monday or Tuesday, they called on Saturday and said, and I am quoting, ā€œHi Todd, Chris Mc[ScrewYou] general sales manager at [Weasel Chapbutt] Chevrolet, reaching out because Carson and my new sales Manager Tom mis-quoted you on that incoming Chevy Bolt EUV, so I wanted to go over the new numbers, GM Supplier pricing is not available, the only thing I can get through is the 6300$ GM Rebate, so again, just wanted to review the actual numbers to make sure youā€™re still looking at moving forward so give me a buzz back if you would, 813-###-####, thanks so much byeā€.
Any mention of, ā€if you donā€™t call us back we are going to sell itā€? It was Saturday by the way, (and the car is NOT even in the dealership until 7/11!), when I received this, on vacation. And you guessed it, they sold it without calling me, texting me, emailing me, nothing. Everybody I know has a story like this, dealerships are the absolutely worst run businesses I have seen, and I am in the industry. I will welcome the day Ford starts selling 100% outside of the dealership environment.
Sorry, rant over.

Iā€™m keeping my order, but going to purchase a Bolt Premier on 7/11. IF and WHEN the MachE comes in, AND the 7500, is still applicable, Iā€™ll purchase and decide if I want to switch or stay with the Bolt. Same as you, with 6300 off Iā€™m paying 35 out the door, taxes and everything. IF I decide to keep Bolt, Iā€™ll just sell the MachE.
Sponsored