I can't believe the repair costs. Watch weight in the rear.

Shelbeast

First Name
RJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GT Delivered 9/9/22, GT500
Occupation
Sausage Maker
Country flag
Thank you for posting this and saving others the headache. I would not of known otherwise. I need to hit YouTube for sure.

Don't pay any attention to the know it all's. Most of us are learning.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e GT, 2017 Raptor, Lightning (9/5 Build)
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Country flag
To quote the owners manual: “To provide a flat load area when the rear seats are folded.”

Or in my case because you put a subwoofer in the back.
Ford Mustang Mach-E I can't believe the repair costs. Watch weight in the rear. 57C7F2CA-0CB3-47CE-9633-4BBB301F9C4B
For us it is to fit the mobile EVSE underneath.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
For us it is to fit the mobile EVSE underneath.
That should have no problem fitting under the low position. Mine does, along with a few other things I threw in there. It's snug but it fits.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
That should have no problem fitting under the low position. Mine does, along with a few other things I threw in there. It's snug but it fits.
This. My mobile evse has been happily sitting in its designated spot since day 1 with the floor in the lower position and the all weather mat on top of the floor.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Country flag
This. My mobile evse has been happily sitting in its designated spot since day 1 with the floor in the lower position and the all weather mat on top of the floor.
Did you remove the foam insert or something? In the upper position, it is pushed right up against the floor for me.....

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
If it were my only EVSE, and I was pulling it out weekly to use, I would probably leave the pigtail seated in it though. Then it may not fit. Not sure if that might be what they were referring to.

If I were doing that, I'd probably just move the EVSE to the frunk. I prefer the rear cargo floor low so (a) there's more space for luggage and boxes to clear the flimsy privacy cover, and (b) there's a nice lip to keep stuff from rolling out when opening the liftgate.

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
To quote the owners manual: “To provide a flat load area when the rear seats are folded.”

Or in my case because you put a subwoofer in the back.
57C7F2CA-0CB3-47CE-9633-4BBB301F9C4B.jpeg
Or you can use a sealed box designed JL sub as I do which is smaller than the ported box and keep the floor in the lower position. I have an 85 lb. lab who jumps in and out of the cargo area all the time and also goes on long road trips with me (up to 4 hours). I'm certain those plastic floor supports would have broken by now if I had the floor in the upper position.

IMG_0337D.jpg

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Or you can use a sealed box designed JL sub as I do which is smaller than the ported box and keep the floor in the lower position. I have an 85 lb. lab who jumps in and out of the cargo area all the time and also goes on long road trips with me (up to 4 hours). I'm certain those plastic floor supports would have broken by now if I had the floor in the upper position.

Ford Mustang Mach-E I can't believe the repair costs. Watch weight in the rear. IMG_0337D
I keep planning to cut some wooden blocks to the right height to place at key points underneath to spread the load out and reduce the center sag.

Accord07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Star White Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Did you remove the foam insert or something? In the upper position, it is pushed right up against the floor for me.....
It works for me. So far I have taken the mobile EVSE out a handful of times; if I need to do it regularly though I would not store it in there, it is slightly more difficult to raise the floor when it is at the lower position with the all-weather mat on top of it.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Country flag
If it were my only EVSE, and I was pulling it out weekly to use, I would probably leave the pigtail seated in it though. Then it may not fit. Not sure if that might be what they were referring to.

If I were doing that, I'd probably just move the EVSE to the frunk. I prefer the rear cargo floor low so (a) there's more space for luggage and boxes to clear the flimsy privacy cover, and (b) there's a nice lip to keep stuff from rolling out when opening the liftgate.
No - it is just sitting in the bag. I will have to check it out again this weekend.

Accord07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Star White Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag

I gave up on the privacy cover within a week. On occasions when I have to leave something in the car that I don't want others to see, it goes to the frunk.

RetiredDP

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Focus RS
Occupation
Retired Director of Videography, Editor, Compressionist
Country flag
I assume you didn’t have the load floor in the lower position before loading it up?
That's the first thing I did...I could see that heavy loads would require lowering the shelf to its bottom position...it's just common sense.