I can't believe the repair costs. Watch weight in the rear.

Chuck518

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-e
Country flag
Electric Vehicle Supply Equipment. Most people call it a charger even though that's not technically correct since the charger is built into the car.
Would this be supplemental to the built in charger? Why would somebody want one?
Sponsored

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Would this be supplemental to the built in charger? Why would somebody want one?
It's the only way to connect the internal charger to the AC electrical grid. It's the cord that plugs into the car.

RMoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5, Toyota Sienna, 2022 Mach e
Country flag
Why would anyone want the upper position?
There are several reasons, some of which have been mentioned in subsequent posts. I actually moved mine to the lower position since I was aware of the weight issue from this thread, but I often put a few things in the trunk and it would be nice to be able to drag these over the lip rather than lift them the way I now have to (tennis bags with racquets etc). So I'm tempted to move it back to the higher position for ease of use. I wish there was some weight limit listed though I suspect our tennis bags would be OK. I would think Ford would be required to repair these under warranty given the lack of clarity on the use of the upper level and any warning about weight limits.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e GT, 2017 Raptor, Lightning (9/5 Build)
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Country flag
What does EVSE mean?
EVSE = electric vehicle servicing equipment.

Others also call it the mobile charger, but it isn't really a charger - the charger is in the vehicle.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Or you can use a sealed box designed JL sub as I do which is smaller than the ported box and keep the floor in the lower position. I have an 85 lb. lab who jumps in and out of the cargo area all the time and also goes on long road trips with me (up to 4 hours). I'm certain those plastic floor supports would have broken by now if I had the floor in the upper position.

IMG_0337D.jpg
Lab tested. ;)

ZuleMME

First Name
Zule
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' Job1 P4X MME, 22' MYP
Occupation
Implementation Engineer
Country flag
EVSE = electric vehicle servicing equipment.

Others also call it the mobile charger, but it isn't really a charger - the charger is in the vehicle.
servicing = supply

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I gave up on the privacy cover within a week. On occasions when I have to leave something in the car that I don't want others to see, it goes to the frunk.
Two words: zip ties!

I threw a dozen small zip ties (and a nail clipper) in the car and zip one on each spindle to keep them from popping out anytime that delicate cover touches anything. That works great. When the hanging edge of the cover hits a suitcase now, it's just slides over the top like it should.

The rare time I need to take it off, I just clip the ties. They're cheap.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
I haven't trusted those since the day I saw them and immediately lowered my load floor. Besides that, with the rear mat, the mat fits much better with the floor lowered.

Sorry this happened to you.

MachE70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Kia Telluride SX, 2022 Mustang Mach-e GT
Country flag
I "fixed" the obvious cargo floor design flaw in my $71,000 GT using two of my wife's yoga blocks, an extra shelf from my basement kitchenette, and an AAA emergency kit. The cargo floor now has several more areas of support in the upper position. Now, we can just continue to play HVBJB roulette as the wife and I drive the car on a daily basis while we wait for that "fix". Nice work, Ford.

ricksta6

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Select Rapid Red
Country flag
I had the same thing happen to me. Never even knew that there were two positions for the trunk before it happened. Thankfully, Ford agreed to warranty the damage.
This just happened to me. May I ask how you got them to agree to warranty the damage? I have a feeling it'll be a painful fight.

MoonRiver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
02 Camry, 07 Infiniti G35
Country flag
So, I was bringing some flooring home from Home Depot. Loaded it the back. The little thing that holds the rear deck in place pulled out.
20220208_100135.jpg

Parts cost alone is $650.. Full inner panel must be replaced! What a crap design!. I'll make my own support and attache it in an intelligent way. Anyway, watch what you load in the back. And if it weighs anything at all, watch for bumps.
Sorry to read op's story. It could easily happen to me too. Mine arrived with the tray on the top. I better lower it to the bottom. Thank you for warning us. As soon as I get back home I will think about supporting it better from underneath. It's indeed a faulty design. If they didn't want to make it stronger they at least could have stuck a weight limit sticker there.

MoonRiver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
02 Camry, 07 Infiniti G35
Country flag
Is it only happens on the 21 model? I hope they changed on the 22 model. Mine is 22.