I can't seem to tell FordPass to charge the car to 100% anymore

gnaark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
First Edition Rapid Red
Country flag
Hey guys, weird stuff here as it's the first time I have this issue.

I have a saved charging location for my home with 90% of max charge level and "anytime" as a charge time.

I take a trip tomorrow and I plugged my car. I used to be able to go to Manage EV > Manage Charging and override the 90% and tell the car to charge to 100% but it's now missing...I don't get it - I have done that multiple times before but it's not working today.

I unplugged and re-plugged the car, I waited an hour, turned the app on and off again. It's like the app doesn't register that the car is charging and it is charging I see the battery % age going up.

How do I fix that?
Sponsored

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
Latest FordPass update seems to have broken this for me too. I can't even see the estimated time to finish charging anymore.

What I can do is manage the charge scheduling and change the max charge to whatever I want. That still works and it seems the car does take the update. SO for now you could just do that. Its under Vehicle - Manage EV - Manage Charging - Preferred charge times. Then select the location and set the charge level you want and hit save.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag

I have a saved charging location for my home with 90% of max charge level and "anytime" as a charge time.

I take a trip tomorrow and I plugged my car. I used to be able to go to Manage EV > Manage Charging and override the 90% and tell the car to charge to 100% but it's now missing...I don't get it - I have done that multiple times before but it's not working today.

I unplugged and re-plugged the car, I waited an hour, turned the app on and off again. It's like the app doesn't register that the car is charging and it is charging I see the battery % age going up.

How do I fix that?
If you still have problems after updating to 3.19.1 (it fixed most for me!), then you can always set the charge to 100% from within the car itself, too.

OP
OP
gnaark

gnaark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
First Edition Rapid Red
Country flag
what exact FordPass version are you using? 3.19.0 has a bunch of issues, some of which appear to be resolved in 3.19.1.

https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/ford-pass-app-3-19-0-crashes.5005/post-145839
i was using 3.19.0 and just updated to 3.19.1 (for some reason it didn’t update automatically ).

it didn’t fix the problem though :( same thing.

i can charge to 100% by going in the car and disable the custom schedules but it’s a bad regression.

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Also worth noting that, for some reason, the app won't automatically update for me. I have to manually update from the Google Play store.
Thank You for saying this. I just looked in my App Store and sure enough, my automatic Osage hadn’t automatically updated.
I still don’t see the way to tell it to go to 100% if I wanted to though. Grrrrrr

S.B.

First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag

I take a trip tomorrow and I plugged my car. I used to be able to go to Manage EV > Manage Charging and override the 90% and tell the car to charge to 100%
I am charging now (charged yesterday for a long trip this AM) and have the same changes to my app. I just updated last night after the Microsoft issue, and am experiencing this change for the first time today. Hoping we will get an update to override the update as I too really likes those two features— bypassing to 100% with 1 click and getting a pretty accurate time estimate to complete charge. Glad you mentioned it though, or I may have thought it was just me.

mdolan92869

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-e (Had '83 GT, '89 GT Ragtop, '13 GT)
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer
Country flag
Saw 3.19.1 was out and updated on iOS. Map shows up again.

dml105

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Shadowfax, the Star White Tricoated Metallic Pony
Country flag
The charging indication is gone from 3.19 and 3.19.1. Which really pisses me off. That is necessary information that I'd prefer not needing to go to the car to get.

eltonlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Gray
Country flag
Yeah updated to 3.19.1 on iOS. Maps is fixed, but the charging status still is MIA.

That said, PaaK seems to work more reliably for me with the 3.19 version.

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
I'm charging right now, and the option is there for me. ?‍♂

Ford Mustang Mach-E I can't seem to tell FordPass to charge the car to 100% anymore Screenshot_20210402-215158

shadowsjc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium AWD + Ext Range
Country flag
I've never been able to set charging to 90%. Even after setting it in the app, it will still default to 100%. I wound up deleting the charger that I normally use, and I'm gonna try to readd it tomorrow.

I'm on fordpass 3.19.1, but had the same issue in 3.19.0

dml105

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Shadowfax, the Star White Tricoated Metallic Pony
Country flag
I'm charging right now, and the option is there for me. ?‍♂

Ford Mustang Mach-E I can't seem to tell FordPass to charge the car to 100% anymore Screenshot_20210402-215158

I see you're on Android. The Android folks seem to be having it easy compared to the iOS folks. Can you tell me what menus you selected to get to that screen?

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
I see you're on Android. The Android folks seem to be having it easy compared to the iOS folks. Can you tell me what menus you selected to get to that screen?
Yeah, Android 11 if it matters for anybody.
Sure. Basically from any screen there is this floating notification bar at the bottom of the app that will jump right to the manage charging page. (See screenshot:)

Ford Mustang Mach-E I can't seem to tell FordPass to charge the car to 100% anymore Screenshot_20210402-220042
Sponsored