I can't seem to tell FordPass to charge the car to 100% anymore

dml105

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Shadowfax, the Star White Tricoated Metallic Pony
Country flag
Yeah, Android 11 if it matters for anybody.
Sure. Basically from any screen there is this floating notification bar at the bottom of the app that will jump right to the manage charging page. (See screenshot:)

Screenshot_20210402-220042.png
yeah, we don't got that.

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
I understand. I have it on an iPad at home, too, and I can see that on iOS, the floating bar doesn't show up. Definitely a bug, and I'm sure it'll get updated.

eltonlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Gray
Country flag
Interesting that you guys have the side view. I’ve always had the 3/4 view…

764AD596-76B6-4A33-A4DB-E11BF2C76163.jpeg

Tampamike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium RWD
Country flag
I've never been able to set charging to 90%. Even after setting it in the app, it will still default to 100%. I wound up deleting the charger that I normally use, and I'm gonna try to readd it tomorrow.

I'm on fordpass 3.19.1, but had the same issue in 3.19.0
I had that same issue the last time I charged. I went in to the “manage charge” settings and plowed through til the last one. It seemed kind of redundant but now it works. Previously, I just clicked the radio button “charge when plugged in” under my saved location of “home.” Even though I told it to charge to 90% on the next page, it still charged to 100%. So, I went back to the “home” location again and clicked the radio button “use preferred charge settings.” On the next page, 90%is still the level and ”preferred charge times,” “Set my own time,” says “anytime.” This time it worked.
But, alas, my charging level display has also disappeared with the new update - iPhone XR.

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
Yea - I still can't access current charging info either on iOS, Fordpass App Version 3.19.1.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
@Ford Team , are you guys on this? That’s a pretty important feature that is now bricked!
my (without a lot of evidence) assumption is that 3.19.1 was pushed out relatively quickly after 3.19.0 to get some of the fixes like the Maps fix out there ASAP and that we'll see 3.20.0 or 3.19.2 relatively soon as well.

(logic is that I don't think we've seen too many x.x.1 releases on FordPass and standard versioning practices would imply it was a quick fix release instead of a minor feature release)

but we'll see...

OP
OP
gnaark

gnaark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
First Edition Rapid Red
Country flag
so the big issue with this bug on iOS is that you have no way of telling if your car is charging or not while DC Fast Charging.
It's bad because if you step away to take a break/lunch whatever and something happens you don't know and you are SOL. You also don't know if you are done charging or not and you can get hit by EA's 10min idle fee.

It's a major problem for iOS users...

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
Wanted to update that Ford seems to have flipped on a switch server side to enable current charging info again. No app updates (still on 3.19.1, iOS).

I now get this pop up on the Home Screen in FordPass when my Mach-E is charging and details to see stats and ability to force a 100% charge. This just started today for me.

Ford Mustang Mach-E I can't seem to tell FordPass to charge the car to 100% anymore 091B73FD-8DF6-44E0-A0DB-4D674A9C30C0

Ford Mustang Mach-E I can't seem to tell FordPass to charge the car to 100% anymore 04917915-C7F0-443B-9B50-44B4764DA6CB

S.B.

First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Wanted to update that Ford seems to have flipped on a switch server side to enable current charging info again. No app updates (still on 3.19.1, iOS).

I now get this pop up on the Home Screen in FordPass when my Mach-E is charging and details to see stats and ability to force a 100% charge. This just started today for me.
So this just popped up for you? I still don’t have it on my iOS and I really miss it. I tried to do the help chat about it, but the agent had no clue what I was talking about. I would really like this back.
PS— So cool to actually see the name Saphira on the screen. So glad you chose it!!

Nevermind!! I just rebooted, looked again and it showed up!

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
So this just popped up for you? I still don’t have it on my iOS and I really miss it. I tried to do the help chat about it, but the agent had no clue what I was talking about. I would really like this back.
PS— So cool to actually see the name Saphira on the screen. So glad you chose it!!

Nevermind!! I just rebooted, looked again and it showed up!
It's been working reliably for me so far on each charge, which I'm happy about. Glad it's popped up for you now as well!

And yes, I still love the name, glad you mentioned it! I even re-read (well, listened to) the series in honor of it!

rodhx

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Lexus IS300 autox/track car.
Country flag
This function should really be in the car as well. Ford ought to take a look at the functionality in the Chevy Bolt. It was significantly easier to manage than the Mach E.

rodhx

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Lexus IS300 autox/track car.
Country flag
Following up my last post, today I tried to charge immediately upon arriving home instead of waiting on my overnight schedule. Is using a phone app really the only way to get that done? If so it’s ridiculous to not have an easy override in the vehicle. Not only does Chevy have a simple temporary override but if you plug in, unplug, and plug in again the car starts charging immediately. Of course I had to try that on the MME but nope.
Sponsored