RosarioM

First Name
Rosario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e GT
Country flag
So I use my grabber blue GT for my daily commute. Since I’ve had the car, almost every night on my drive home someone in some s&$#box thinks I want to race them. They pull up behind me and think they’re Ricky Bobby and NASCAR around and pass me on the right side and take off. Their little 2 liter 4 cylinder straining to get to 75.

I just let them pass and just keep driving the speed limit. Not worth getting into an accident.

Anyone else experience this, particularly with the Blue or Orange as they tend to stick out more?
Sponsored

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
So I use my grabber blue GT for my daily commute. Since I’ve had the car, almost every night on my drive home someone in some s&$#box thinks I want to race them. They pull up behind me and think they’re Ricky Bobby and NASCAR around and pass me on the right side and take off. Their little 2 liter 4 cylinder straining to get to 75.

I just let them pass and just keep driving the speed limit. Not worth getting into an accident.

Anyone else experience this, particularly with the Blue or Orange as they tend to stick out more?
I'm normally the one challenging them ... to each their own.*

*If you are in traffic enforcement and in my area just ignore everything I said

CottonHill

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Select AWD
Country flag

I have a Black Select AWD and I want to say half is because people have been driving like assholes for the last two years and others for the same reason as you. I’ve had someone in a Model 3 ride my ass on a residential/local road. It’s like, what the hell are you expecting me to do right now besides being have tempted to put it in park and get out of the car.

Peaceowl

First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE, Audi Q5
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Most people want to race my husband because he drives around 40 mph just to see the regen numbers go down, lol. ??

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
In 6,500 miles, it hasn't happened yet. Must be geographic...

DR.J56

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 F-350. 2021 Mustang Mach E
Country flag
How do you know you can beat the shitbox until you race it? You might just find some shitbox wiping the floor with you. Just say’n.

I had a truck get frisky after I passed him. He took off from a light and it was all I could do just to keep up. Anything past 60 he would have walked me. Newer Ford diesel. No black smoke or any other obvious mods by just looking at it. My stock truck isn’t a slouch either.

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
I get that fairly regularly. I usually goose it real quick to show them they don't have a chance and then back off. Unfortunately I've yet to come across a "real" Mustang in a situation like that. I really want to race one.

Deleted member 9461

and these are my boys walker and texas ranger...we can't both be # 1 that would be 11 hahahaha

MachTri

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang mach-e AWD
Country flag
Yes. That was happening to me all the time but noticed it much less often when I stay out of the left lane. There is a nice ICE Mustang that has revved up next to me at the same traffic light at least twice near my house. Perfect 2 lane situation. The MME gets to 60 way before he does, then let him go past me and his merry way.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
In 6,500 miles, it hasn't happened yet. Must be geographic...
Yup not here for 10,000 miles either but I'm also in your area.

On top of that mine isn't that fast ;)

Kitten

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mach E GT with pano roof
Country flag

Sadly, no. I keep waiting ?
Sponsored