Sterling
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Titan, Sequioa, Yukon, Rogue
Occupation
Business
Country flag
Just to be sure, I test drove a Tesla Y, the Kia Niro, and the ID4. I was least impressed with the Kia, especially "moderately equipped" at $47K, the ID4 was really nice, and fully equipped at $49K. It drove super smooth but lane keep was like pinball, rather than down the middle. It had a really cool seat massager. It was less responsive but super smooth and quiet. The Tesla was really zippy, but it made my wife sick. I am sure I would have gotten better at the jerky driving. It felt so minimalist that it felt incomplete. I also don't like the styling (all the models look the same), and remind me of a dodge neon.

It was sort of like going on a date with all my old girlfriends right before getting married to my wife. It completely sealed the deal for me!

There are few things (important to me anyway) that the competition beat out the MME on. ID4 free charging for 3 years and the massager. Tesla charging network and speed. Everything else goes to the MME for me.

3 more weeks for me.

I can't wait!
Sponsored

bruceski88

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
Just to be sure, I test drove a Tesla Y, the Kia Niro, and the ID4. I was least impressed with the Kia, especially "moderately equipped" at $47K, the ID4 was really nice, and fully equipped at $49K. It drove super smooth but lane keep was like pinball, rather than down the middle. It had a really cool seat massager. It was less responsive but super smooth and quiet. The Tesla was really zippy, but it made my wife sick. I am sure I would have gotten better at the jerky driving. It felt so minimalist that it felt incomplete. I also don't like the styling (all the models look the same), and remind me of a dodge neon.

It was sort of like going on a date with all my old girlfriends right before getting married to my wife. It completely sealed the deal for me!

There are few things (important to me anyway) that the competition beat out the MME on. ID4 free charging for 3 years and the massager. Tesla charging network and speed. Everything else goes to the MME for me.

3 more weeks for me.

I can't wait!
There are supposedly 900 Tesla supercharger locations vs 500 EA in the USA. You won’t have that much problem in most places

Infinite_Jester

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME, 2011 Chevy Suburban, 1966 Caddy
Country flag
Used to be, driving characteristics were the defining trait of enthusiast cars... ;-)
The MME drives better, hands-down, than the Model Y and the ID4. Those roads aren't going to get any smoother anytime soon, so when we looked to upgrade from the Leaf to an electric crossover with more space for our 3 growing girls, MME was the choice for us!

BillK

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lucid Air GT, Zero SR/F
Occupation
Retired-ish
Country flag
... and remind me of a dodge neon.
HA! Exactly right! I knew it reminded me of something.

From a radio show (what they had before podcasts were invented):

Announcer 1: "Dodge is finally dropping the Neon."
[pause]
Announcer 2: "From what height?"

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag

3 more weeks for me.

I can't wait!
I personally like not having free charging, would prefer the lower upfront cost of the vehicle without it. Why? Because then I’d always feel a little guilty charging at home, like I was throwing money away by not going to a public L3 charger and instead paying for it myself at home.

OP
OP

ESilver

First Name
Sterling
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Business
Country flag
I personally like not having free charging, would prefer the lower upfront cost of the vehicle without it. Why? Because then I’d always feel a little guilty charging at home, like I was throwing money away by not going to a public L3 charger and instead paying for it myself at home.
True. For me I will rarely pay for charging. That may be different for some, but having to get to/from a charger, hope it is open, not pay for idle time, etc... would be such a hassle. I have the luxury of charging in my garage or in my assigned space at work (free).

Reactions: ARK
OP
OP

ESilver

First Name
Sterling
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Business
Country flag
FYI, I picked up my MME (Premium AWD, Extended, Carbonized Grey) last week. So amazing. Super happy for sure! No regrets. I was heavily debating some stripes or a full wrap, but I absolutely love it in person as is. I may still do something on the "nose"/Grill or a protection film, but this thing is stunning IRL.

License plate will either be "MACHED" or "DRKHRSE" (Dark Horse).
Sponsored