Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang MachE AWD ER, 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
Occupation
Retired Navy / Veterans Administration
Country flag
I get the fact that as on any car forum, people who are frustrated are more likely to post complaints and problems. This is either to vent or actually seek help or resolution. I don't understand why there is such a lack of people who are actually singing the praises of their new vehicle. We have been the owners of our Platinum ER x4 for 14 months now. We have not had one single problem related to it being a newly designed EV. The only issue we have had (and still do) is a rattle in left rear door and that is just because I have not had the time to take it in to be corrected. Are we merely lucky, or is the majority of the Mach E's produced similar to ours. I have owned at least thirty brand new vehicles in my lifetime and the Mach E has been the best of any of them. Are we in the majority or the minority here I wonder???
Sponsored

camdenlake

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 f350 CCD 7.3, GT500, Gen1 Raptor, 2021 MME R1
Country flag
Yep love mine too. No real issues except what have been created from the glass recall. But thats not the cars fault thats ford/dealer issues.

Josh

devmach-e

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Premium RWD ER, 2016 Toyota Highlander Hybrid
Occupation
Unix Sysadmin
Country flag
It isn't just car forums. It is any large expensive item that some has bought, whether it is a TV, computer, washer/dryer, stove, oven, etc. If it cost a lot, you can bet that people are more likely to complain than to sing the praises. Welcome to human nature.

MellowJohnny

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Solution Architect
Country flag
Complaining is cathartic - the Big News Networks have known for years that negative news is read more / watched more / clicked more. In fact the very first edition of USA Today reported a plane crash on the front page. OK, can't really ignore that kind of news, and they gave it a positive spin (mostly because they were handing out free issues at airports that day) but negative news sells.

Like devmach-e said, it's human nature to gravitate towards drama. :)

alexgorod

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Job 2 MME Premium SR AWD (21 CR-V - wife's)
Occupation
DBA
Country flag
Maybe most people are like me, happy with the car but afraid to admit it and jinx it? :p

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Yup that is the nature of forums.

Happy people are out and about driving their car around. They are too busy being happy to post.

People don't go through the effort to search out a forum and post "This is awesome" but if they are having a problem of course your going to google it just to see if someone else is having the issue and up pops the forum...

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Ford F-150, Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
So far so good after 2 months. My wife has worked for the local Ford dealer for 36 years and this is the first Ford we have owned that she gets excited driving in!

New2EV

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Charger, Explorer, Chevelle, Mach E
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Yep, love mine. It's actually at the dealership right now getting a few minor things fixed and I miss it. They gave me a rental, but I really want my car back. Unfortunately they didn't have time to finish it today, so I'm stuck without it over the weekend. 😫

Which is the exact reason I waited to take it in. Being without it is worse than putting up with the minor issues.

jbirdzee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Pro ER
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Maybe most people are like me, happy with the car but afraid to admit it and jinx it? :p
^^This……. So does that mean Ive now jinxed it?

Its also a threshold thing. I think there are people here who completely lose their $h1t over things like quirky PaaK (i dont use it) strange bluecruise lane centering (i dont use it) reduced winter range (i knew that going in) crappy dealer service (has happened to me with non EVs too). Of all the cars and trucks ive had, this one is by far my favorite. As others have said with the high cost expectations are high.

Bigfeets

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford MMe premium order. Hyundai Ioniq 5 Lrd
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I might praise the MME... if I only had one. Been waiting 28 weeks without a build date; looking at delivery around 37 weeks, maybe. I bought a Hyundai Ioniq 5 months ago and I am very happy with it. It is every bit as good as I hoped the MME would be, if I only had one of those. The MME isn't the only very good EV out there, although delays and markups are issues. I'm expecting Ford to honor the price protection and no-ADM promises (and fix recall 22S41) when my order is eventually delivered. Then, let the praise begin. Meanwhile, I do find this forum very useful for acquiring information (good an bad) about the MME. Info that Ford does not communicate very well.
Ford Mustang Mach-E I get it...but don't understand 1656116575695

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
I get the fact that as on any car forum, people who are frustrated are more likely to post complaints and problems. This is either to vent or actually seek help or resolution. I don't understand why there is such a lack of people who are actually singing the praises of their new vehicle. We have been the owners of our Platinum ER x4 for 14 months now. We have not had one single problem related to it being a newly designed EV. The only issue we have had (and still do) is a rattle in left rear door and that is just because I have not had the time to take it in to be corrected. Are we merely lucky, or is the majority of the Mach E's produced similar to ours. I have owned at least thirty brand new vehicles in my lifetime and the Mach E has been the best of any of them. Are we in the majority or the minority here I wonder???
So……. I’ll start with saying I love my car.

But based on the weekly bugs and first year build quirks I have, I honestly don’t believe it when you say:

“ We have not had one single problem related to it being a newly designed EV.”

Really? No problems? You’ve never had any of the things that have happened to me? Short list off the top of my head:

1. headlight switch bug- turns on instead of auto
2. Screen delay/lag. Touch screen doesn’t respond for about a minute after you start the car.
3. Profile switches to guest randomly instead of your profile
4. Memory seats stay in “easy exit” instead of going to position
5. Volume control fault- car wouldn’t respond to volume knob and had this msg appear
6. SiriusXM bug. Screen randomly doesn’t display properly
7. Parking sensor bug- display gets stuck in the parking sensor screen
8. PAAK doesn’t work sometimes
9. Door lock button outside of door takes 3-4x to respond
10. Charger port door doesn’t open or close on first try
11. CarPlay won’t connect randomly
12. Charge fault
13. Recall- thought this affected everyone
14. OTA update failure
15. Speed sign recognition being wrong
16. Bluecruise hunting for the center of the lane.

So really? Not a single problem? Hard to believe since these things seem widespread. But you must be lucky or don’t consider those to be problems.

I think all of these things are because it’s a first year car.

ripperAZ

First Name
Ripper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ice White Mustang Mach E AWD EX BATT
Country flag
I see tons of fan boys on this site that will fight with you if you criticize the car in anyway
What are you talking about the car has a lot of problems??? Recalls. Etc
By talking about them here we can figure them out and there’s lots of help you can get here you’ll never find at your dealer. This site solves problems

Differing opinions are fine don’t be so sensitive don’t be a snowflake just use the good information is available here and realize that your car may brick at any moment

I had 2 do it. Still waiting on two more only because I made money selling the cars that were in the shop for a month

We’ll see but it’s certainly not the best release of a new vehicle I’ve ever seen. Not even close. And when people have their car basically strand them they’re gonna be pretty bitchy about it

Jes sayin

Rabidsquirrel22

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Camaro SS, 2021 GTPE
Country flag
I'm sure most people on here love their cars, but there's not much reason to be active on here if you're having a great time and not dealing with issues, besides posting the occasional picture or road trip story perhaps.

The issues are the main topics because there is the most to discuss there, simple as that.

Carsinmyblood

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'53 XK120, '58 MGA, '66 E-Type, MME Prem, EX, awd
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
I get the fact that as on any car forum, people who are frustrated are more likely to post complaints and problems. This is either to vent or actually seek help or resolution. I don't understand why there is such a lack of people who are actually singing the praises of their new vehicle.
Did you post multiple times about how much you loved your last car? I didn't either, and it was a great car.

BalsaDust

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium 4X, 2023 Leaf (wifes car)
Occupation
This, that, and everything
Country flag
While I have only had my MME three weeks, I absolutely love it! Yes the latest recall is in the back of my mind (way back) but it doesnt affect my daily drive.
While yes there are two things i could gripe about (it took a week to find a comfortable driving position, and the dealer prep person wasn't too swift) neither of which affected my desire to own this car.
I have owned Fords most of my life and other tha my 72 Ranchero, none of them handled as good or was as fast!
The paint, fit, and finish is the best I have seen in a new car other than the European high end vehicles.
This is also the first car I have owned that is garaged! thats how much I like it!
Tony
Sponsored