DBC

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt ELR
Country flag
Where I am the opportunity to get a shot appears to be going up. I've been loosely tracking the appointments for some people who said they couldn't get a shot at one of our supersites. Last week there were a few appointments on Sunday, more on Monday, and then not many after that. This weekend Saturday was totally open -- you could make an appointment for any time between nine in the morning and nine at night.

Not sure what's happened but my guess is there is more visibility and the provider is being encouraged to push out the vaccines as soon as they get them -- no hold back (which works because of the increased visibility).

Have to be over 65 or a healthcare worker.

It takes four weeks after the second shot to get the full immunity AND you can still transmit the virus even after being vaccinated, so it's not like you can get a shot today and be having normal Super Bowl parties tomorrow. Like getting a MME, vaccination immunity is a process.

Reactions: UW2

AndyS_OSU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevrolet BoltEV
Occupation
Educator
Country flag
One of the perks of being part of the county fire department is we had our own building at the fairgrounds to get the vaccine. Zero line either time. I'm part of a volunteer fire dept that rolls up under county fire.

There was about 500 people in the other line. :oops:
I got mine 2/1 (teacher in Texas). It hit pretty hard the second day. Good to not have a sense of impending doom every time a student tries to lower their mask in my vicinity.

That said...everyone needs to remain masked regardless of getting the shot until there is a much higher percentage of the populace that is inoculated.

Last edited:

MerryBrown

First Name
Mary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Escape, Red Ford Mach-E on order
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
I finally got an appointment, yay! I am just over 65, but as we all know supplies have been low.
I have no idea yet which dose I will be getting. I heard it might be better to space out the second shot. Has anyone heard whether that has been verified or is that just a rumor?

DBC

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt ELR
Country flag
I finally got an appointment, yay! I am just over 65, but as we all know supplies have been low.
I have no idea yet which dose I will be getting. I heard it might be better to space out the second shot. Has anyone heard whether that has been verified or is that just a rumor?
Congrats on the appointment. With Pfizer the booster is 3 weeks and with Moderna 4 weeks. Should get the appointment for the second when you get the first.

More side effects with the second shot.

And tray and avoid pain killers. There is speculation that they may interfere with the immune response.

Raymondjram

First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid LE sedan
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
I received my first Moderna vaccine shot last week Feb 9th, so my second shot is set for March 9th. The Puerto Rican National Guard is giving the shots to the majority here, including anyone over 65 years old. The Guard has a excellent control and discipline over the distribution, and one just need to follow their instructions to park, and walk through the stations. It took just fifteen minutes from the car through the stations and back. In my case the Guard is at our local sports coliseum (for basketball games) in my city Bayamon. Here is the city's website explaining the arrangement:
https://www.municipiodebayamon.com/evento/vacunacion-para-personas-de-65-o-mas/

San Juan has its own Guard team using that city's sports area, but they are having problems with too many patients every day. The line of cars are causing traffic problems.

Appointments are done through a local website "Turnospr.com". My wife made our appointments a week before.

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Second Pfizer for me on Tuesday, mild fever 24 hours later, then back to normal 16 hours later.

MerryBrown

First Name
Mary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Escape, Red Ford Mach-E on order
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
I got the Pfizer, with my next shot in March. I only had minor side effects. Just needed a good nap afterwards.

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
I got my first Pfizer jab last Monday - apart from a hurty arm and a bit of a snooze was pretty good. Next one will be in March (also ironically about the time my Mach-E is due to be rolling off a ship)

mr_raider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Select AWD
Country flag
I got my first Pfizer jab last Monday - apart from a hurty arm and a bit of a snooze was pretty good. Next one will be in March (also ironically about the time my Mach-E is due to be rolling off a ship)
JAb? IS that like boot? Or Tyres? Or lifts and roundabouts?

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
JAb? IS that like boot? Or Tyres? Or lifts and roundabouts?
Yeah kinda - being jabbed is like being poked with something pointy. We quite often refer to vaccinations as “jabs” - another one of those odd British terms ?
Sponsored