potatomobile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Country flag
Took my car in for the recall service a month ago and they did the Blue Cruise update while it was there. Car is still at the dealer because the update kept failing and bricked the car. Then Ford's servers went down. Finally yesterday they called me and said the update went through.

Personally I wish I had waited for the OTA rather than had the dealer do the update since Ford's software systems are really terrible/flaky and you might end up without a car for a few weeks.
Sponsored

me-stang

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e Select, 2013 Explorer, 2013 Edge
Occupation
Software engineer
Country flag
I must be on the outlier of problems. I have taken my vehicle in to have this service performed 2 times each five days. I just picked it back up this morning after being assured that the vehicle is good to go ends up that its not ready at all. i am still receiving the Blue Cruise is not available prompt and my lane assist with hands on the wheel is also gone. Any help would be greatly appreciated because I'm at my wits end with this.
I had my May 2021 build car returned to me earlier this week with BC working...took two attempts but they got it.....below are notes from the work order - seems you need to go back to the dealer or another dealer to get it right.....maybe the notes will help, but they should have access to the same search results:

Verified concern, when original recall 21g01 was performed on 5-2-2022 all modules updated properly. on 5-4-2022 21g01 had a supplement added to the recall, after a day the blue cruse was not working. logged into FDRS and did not have any updates that applied to the recall 21g01 or 21p22. went to GTAC and saw a similar concern that another tech has had, in that message saw that possible updates on other may cause a new module to populate. went back into FDRS and updated HVAC module, after the HVAC module was updated more modules continued to populate after network test was performed. Modules that populated and updated were the following - HVAC-PCM-SOBDMB-SOBDMC-BCM-TCU-IPC-GWM-APIM. only one module would populate at a time after the previous one was performed. after all modules were updated and there are no more current software updates took vehicle on road test and verified operation of the Blue cruse system. system is operating as it should and hands free driving is fully working again. modules

10MAY22 11:12 SA: 997047

eltonlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Gray
Country flag
Dropped off my FE to the dealer Wednesday. Was told it was going to take more than a day because of the sheer number of modules that need to be updated. It's been 1.5 days and no call yet from dealer. Here's hoping I can pick it up by end of week...

AZBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Hummer EV SUT, MME CA Route 1
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I must be on the outlier of problems. I have taken my vehicle in to have this service performed 2 times each five days. I just picked it back up this morning after being assured that the vehicle is good to go ends up that its not ready at all. i am still receiving the Blue Cruise is not available prompt and my lane assist with hands on the wheel is also gone. Any help would be greatly appreciated because I'm at my wits end with this.
You are not an outlier, have the exact same issues.

Pyros

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
I had the same experience at my dealership. I ended up getting my car returned because there was a part on backorder. I was told a couple of different things. I was told they fried a cluster and the part was on backorder so I needed to get a rental. I was also told they ended up putting the programming back to the way it was before I brought it in.

I was a little confused, but I have my car back at this point. When I went on the freeway yesterday, I did get the blue cruise notice saying it was available but didn't try.

The service manager talked about malware being in the download which I also thought was odd. He said the programmer was writing code to correct it.

My whole experience was weird to me. They had it for a week without getting the necessary updates done. The last one I had was in January at 2.1.1.

IamIA

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt, BMW i3 & i3s, Mach-E GTPE
Country flag
Thanks for the write-up OP. That was an informative read. I wonder if there is a PDF for the CSP 21P22, or the DC Fast Charge improvement?

1652395283120.png

kikibop

First Name
kiki
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mustang Mach-E E4x Space White / '15 Prius
Occupation
Product Design
Country flag
I guess doing OTA updates is a little harder than Ford thought, eh?

Chapschaps

First Name
Oneil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E select Fusion energi
Country flag
Dealer had my car for 3 weeks because the update wouldn’t go through,after some back and fourth with Ford Engineers they eventually got it to work and for my troubles Ford extended my Warranty to 5 years or 75,000 miles.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
UPDATE: Just finished a drive from the Hudson Valley to NYC. I was able to use Blue Cruise for the 40 miles of the trip that had me on I-87-S. Worked flawlessly, and I never felt unsafe. The attention detector didn’t feel over sensitive. When it dinged me, I definitely deserved it. Haven’t looked at the lane keep assist settings that some of you mentioned not being able to adjust anymore, but I’ll check it out.
Happy to hear it has worked great for you. Enjoy! :)

KevinS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E (sold), 2023 Ioniq 6 SEL
Country flag
I am curious what version of FDRS these dealers are using when performing the updates and if them having an older version installed could be causing additional problems.

Yes, the paperwork says so, but...

EVguy

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Star White Premium AWD ER
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Glad some of you are getting Blue Cruise successfully installed. MY MME has been at my dealer for 2-1/2 weeks without successfully updating Blue Cruise. And this is the second time it is in for this. The first time was to install the TSB 22-2117 fix and optional 21G01 Blue Cruise update. After about 3 days, got the car back but Blue Cruise not installed. After first visit, I did start getting some OTA updates, but no Blue Cruise. Dealer was reporting that all updates had been done. Customer Service at Ford HQ checked their records and could not see where Blue Cruise updates had been installed. They suggested I take the car back in.

The dealer reports that they are not familiar with this vehicle as a way to explain the delay. They are now working with a Ford Service Engineer done via phone and internet, but the process seems to be slow with 2-3 days lag between suggested fixes.

I am quite frustrated as this software update should not take this long. It seems to me that there should be a way for this issue to be escalated to another level!

cmsva1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infiniti G35
Country flag
Just got my '21 Select (bought last May) back today from the Windshield Recall & Blue Cruise install. Same experience as others with Blue Cruise, dealer said it was a nightmare to install and took multiple days to get it right.

My question, how do I know that I now have Blue Cruise? I see in the menu "Lane assist with hands free" is there and checked. Is that it and confirms it? To test I went on Interstate 64 (in VA) but it didn't turn blue as I thought it would.

cjljr41

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-e Premium 4X, '23 Escape Platinum Hybrid
Country flag
Just got my '21 Select (bought last May) back today from the Windshield Recall & Blue Cruise install. Same experience as others with Blue Cruise, dealer said it was a nightmare to install and took multiple days to get it right.

My question, how do I know that I now have Blue Cruise? I see in the menu "Lane assist with hands free" is there and checked. Is that it and confirms it? To test I went on Interstate 64 (in VA) but it didn't turn blue as I thought it would.
Same here. Dealer says they installed all the necessary updates, but I get the message "Blue Cruise Not Available". Luckily, it isn't something I HAVE to have, so I'll just wait to see if there's an OTA update in the future that fixes it.

me-stang

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e Select, 2013 Explorer, 2013 Edge
Occupation
Software engineer
Country flag
Same here. Dealer says they installed all the necessary updates, but I get the message "Blue Cruise Not Available". Luckily, it isn't something I HAVE to have, so I'll just wait to see if there's an OTA update in the future that fixes it.
You both should get a message in the phone app Message Center when they get BC installed correctly - title "Your Blue Cruise Feature is Ready".

Dealer thought they had it right on first day but they didn't - after the 2nd try they got it. Probably 10 -12 hours for them to get it right.

Adaptive Cruise Control and Lane Centering with Hands-Free should be turned on in Settings-> Driver Assistance.

I have Activation Prompts turned on also - supposed to tell you when Hands Free is available..I've never been notified. I just turn on cruise control and get Hands Free on the larger roads.

crownmountain

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium 2WD ER, 2022 MINI Cooper S EV
Occupation
Industrial network architect
Country flag
Well at the dealer now getting the BC Installed. The tech was very happy I brought it in with 2.7.4 installed OTA. Learned it is a 28 step process that Ford will cover for 9 hours of labor. They did an F150 yesterday and went well. My car is the 3rd BC and second Mach-E they are doing. First Mach-E they did (likely a Job 1 car) has had lots of problems and still here. The servers seem to be stable, at least today.
Sponsored