I hate to say it but ... I'm looking at other cars....

lawman1108

First Name
Pmac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME, 2015 Ford Exp sport, Audi TT quarto 6sp
Country flag
Has anyone gotten their $500 back? I don't have a vin and a confirmed order doesn't appear in sight ,the more I think about it do I really need to spend $56,000 on a car? I look around I think I may just buy a loaded Hyundai Elantra that get's 41 MPG ...next to my RAM that gets 13 MPG and the MME extended battery (312?) range ...the Hyundai may have won the day sadly
Sponsored

Tngo23

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22-GTPE, Lexus GS350 F Sport, Porsche 911 SC
Occupation
Chilling
Country flag
At the end of the day, you should do what’s best for you!
If you don’t want to endure what others or myself have been waiting for then buy a Hyundai or Kia. As much as I hate waiting, it’s part of the MME craze or Want. Of all EV’s out there which includes the Tesla MY or 3, I think the MME is the best looking one!

Now it’s Fords first stab at this EV market, I think they did it right. Obviously there are growing pains but in totality, they will only get better with time…..
Speaking only for myself as my GTPE is expected to be delivered within a few weeks, it is still within the 28 weeks per Ford from order confirmation.

I ordered 10/28/21
Expected delivery 4/8 thru 4/14/22

I am good with the wait….my 2 cents

Good luck

JerryL

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Alfa Romeo Stelvio Ti Sport
Country flag
Has anyone gotten their $500 back? I don't have a vin and a confirmed order doesn't appear in sight ,the more I think about it do I really need to spend $56,000 on a car? I look around I think I may just buy a loaded Hyundai Elantra that get's 41 MPG ...next to my RAM that gets 13 MPG and the MME extended battery (312?) range ...the Hyundai may have won the day sadly
Enjoy your economy car. I guess price was an issue. Don't blame the supply chain.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Go test drive an Elantra, then test drive the Mach E.

And if after that you still even consider the Elantra…… buy it instead.

Some people look at cars like an appliance (toaster, dishwasher etc). And for those people the Elantra is perfect.

heisnuts

First Name
Darrel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Performance
Country flag
You should do what feels right to you. I will tell you after having putting 4,000 miles on our MME I don’t know if I will ever buy an ICE vehicle for a daily driver again. To me the EV is that good and when I drove one of our ICE vehicles to work today it was an eye opening experience on just how much more I love the MME.

As I am sure you know, there is a big price difference between the MME and the Elantra. You are the only one who can decide if the difference in price is worth it to you.

Regularmache

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
Country flag
Do the math, and an Elantra at 41 MPG at half the price it will take allot of years to make up that difference. Having said that, if I was going to go inexpensive high MPG and If you are keeping your Ram regardless. Say the Elantra is $25,000 tax, title etc, at 38 MPGs combined avg versus 13 on your ram, you will be saving $202 in gas at 1,000 miles a month. You will break even at month 123. Yes 10 years and 3 months. Plus the insurance cost on two vehicles. Here's a good calculator on money saved by getting more MPGs. It takes the ever present emotional pain of high fuel prices and puts it into numbers. Numbers can be adjusted, but they are far less subjective. Good luck but think it through!
https://www.edmunds.com/calculators/gas-guzzler.html

Last edited:

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
Yawn

vinny2487

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E CA Route 1 (Star White)
Country flag
You should do what's best for you. That said, those two cars are very different. If you see cars as an appliance and don't really care about driving dynamics/power and all that stuff, I recommend the Civic. Or if you really want MPG get a Prius. If you don't like the style get a Corolla hybrid. If you need a larger car the Camry hybrid.

MW1515

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium AWD
Country flag
I would go with a Nissan Leaf before I'd go for the Elantra. 40 kWh battery gives 149 miles of range for under $20k or 62 kWh battery with a 226 mi range for under $30k. I drove a Leaf like 12 years ago when they first came out and it was still more fun to drive than 95% of the gas cars I've been in.

MachEPilot

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Mach-E X
Occupation
Computer Programmer
Country flag
I have an Elantra and Mach-E. You will never get anywhere close to 41MPG in the Elantra. And you will never get used to the noise that 4 cylinder ICE makes in the engine compartment. Then get into the silent Mach-E, and sink into the seats when you put the pedal down. I will *never* purchase another ICE based vehicle again.

We are lucky to have enough solar capacity to put sunshine into our Mach-E.

Reign of Ravens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E Premium, Chrysler PacHy
Country flag
I will tell you after having putting 4,000 miles on our MME I don’t know if I will ever buy an ICE vehicle for a daily driver again.
Still waiting on my Mach-E to be scheduled but heck, I drive a Nissan Leaf as my daily driver and there's no way I'd go back to an ICE vehicle by choice. Not that the Leaf is a bad car by any means, but the Mach-E is in a different class.

That said, if I was choosing between the costs of a gas-guzzling truck for a few more months versus a more fuel-efficient car sooner... I wouldn't fault anyone for giving up on the Mach-E and trying to save a bit of money on fuel costs, especially with the way things are going.
Sponsored