I hate to say it but ... I'm looking at other cars....

jlauro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue AWD ER Mach-E
Country flag
But they're used so no $7500 tax credit. I just saw someone buy a $44k Select for $51k on Carvana. I hope the buyer didn't think they're getting a $7500 tax credit. Ouch.
Not necessarily. Autotrader searches dealer inventory for new cars too, so they are not used unless you search for used. I used autotrader to find dealers to call when I was looking to find one on a lot, and found the one I ended up with that way... (and they took standard discount plans)
Sponsored

Triggerhappy007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Premium VB & 22 Select GB
Country flag
Not necessarily. Autotrader searches dealer inventory for new cars too, so they are not used unless you search for used. I used autotrader to find dealers to call when I was looking to find one on a lot, and found the one I ended up with that way... (and they took standard discount plans)
I knew that they listed new ones too. I assumed you meant used since they're so much easier to buy compared to a new one without markup.

JerryL

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Alfa Romeo Stelvio Ti Sport
Country flag
Speaking as someone who owns a MachE and lives in NYC... you are not wrong. I would not, in a million years, parallel park my MachE on the street for any significant amount of time. You are asking for someone to ding up your car. I also do not like valet garages... some valets are great, but some will drive the car down a winding ramp like it's the Indy 500.

There are certain neighborhoods (like Astoria) where people have houses and driveways, and if you live nearby you can rent one of their garages and essentially have you own private garage. That's the way to do it in my opinion. Also, the city has municipal parking garages with free EV charging, and that's not a bad way to do it either if you can nab a permanent pass.

With that said, the MachE is a great city car. Sprints fast when you need to get out of a tough situation, good cargo space, but not so big that it's a nuisance to park and get around.
We have a place on E 26th between 2nd and 3rd and we do not drive up from Philly any longer. We take Amtrak instead of driving into the city. Still love NYC. Where do charge your car in the city?

mb36

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Tribute
Occupation
HR
I'm not sure of everyone else's experience, but it seems that all of the new MME models that I see on Auto Trader are pre-sold. I've reached out to multiple dealers that have them listed, and I am being told that they are not actually available. Or am I asking the wrong questions?

Nope! You are totally right! I am experiencing the same thing! Everything on the web is customer orders. You can't believe anything listed right now. Ford should not be listing cars that aren't available. It's totally misleading.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
If you are a DIY type person, then a truck or at the very least a car with a trailer is a must. IMHO
I can rent a truck at Home Depot for $19.95 to haul stuff home. I could do that once a week for a year and come out ahead compared to owning a truck.

Disclosure: I have an F150, but that’s because I also own a farm.

Regularmache

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
Country flag
I’ve done 4300 miles in my MME at a cost of around $100. No more words needed. I don’t even go to the station for. Ripoff coffee now.
Yes our Mach is powered by our 13kw solar array so I drive "free". Now it did cost around $21k after tax credit, but still. Our electric service charge is $9 a month and I understand they have to maintain electric lines and infrastructure. Our FE Mach E cost $53k so it will be awhile until I break even but filling up at home is wonderful. Not everyone is in the same place financially so budgeting is important before we make transportation decisions based on $per gallon only is all.

TRP

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E P4x, Ford F150
Country flag
I can rent a truck at Home Depot for $19.95 to haul stuff home. I could do that once a week for a year and come out ahead compared to owning a truck.

Disclosure: I have an F150, but that’s because I also own a farm.
Yea, everyone's needs are different. We've owned a truck for so long I don't think we could live without one...........well, we "could", it just would not be pleasant.

We also own a farm

devmach-e

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Premium RWD ER, 2016 Toyota Highlander Hybrid
Occupation
Unix Sysadmin
Country flag
If you are a DIY type person, then a truck or at the very least a car with a trailer is a must. IMHO
I'm not sure I would say it's a "must". It certainly makes those DIY tasks easier if you have the truck already, but various home improvement places offer trucks for rental for cheap. A medium to large SUV can often sub in very well. Our minivan could easily haul 8'x4' sheets of plywood when we needed it. Even 10' long pieces of lumber could fit.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yea, everyone's needs are different. We've owned a truck for so long I don't think we could live without one...........well, we "could", it just would not be pleasant.

We also own a farm
When I stopped actively farming and rented out the farm, I sold my pickup at our equipment auction. I only lasted 3 months before I went out and bought a replacement.

Reactions: TRP

TRP

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E P4x, Ford F150
Country flag
I'm not sure I would say it's a "must". It certainly makes those DIY tasks easier if you have the truck already, but various home improvement places offer trucks for rental for cheap. A medium to large SUV can often sub in very well. Our minivan could easily haul 8'x4' sheets of plywood when we needed it. Even 10' long pieces of lumber could fit.
Many ways to skin a cat, for sure.

I will say tho, the home improvement centers near me do not offer the rental trucks, at least I've not seen them 🤷‍♂️

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Many ways to skin a cat, for sure.

I will say tho, the home improvement centers near me do not offer the rental trucks, at least I've not seen them 🤷‍♂️
I think state-specific regulations regarding rental vehicles cause them to not offer the service in some states.

jonkMACHE

First Name
JK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME 4X
We have a place on E 26th between 2nd and 3rd and we do not drive up from Philly any longer. We take Amtrak instead of driving into the city. Still love NYC. Where do charge your car in the city?
I use one of the city's municipal parking garages which has free EV charging. I'm lucky in that I live about an 8 minute walk from it. I also have free EV charging at the parking garage where I work.

Honestly, if I lived on E 26th I would probably not own a car. Monthly parking in that area would literally cost more than my car payment with Ford Credit. I would literally be better off buying a lot and building my own parking garage 😂

Regularmache

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
Country flag
Yes but I always have to put plastic all over in back of the Sienna as I'm not inclined to hose it out. I have gotten a sofa and loveseat in there though!
Sponsored