I have never reeived an update on Ford Pass or MME since I bought it in March. Am I doing something wrong?

Gene Bank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GT
Country flag
Hey,

I bought a 2022 MME GT in March. Love the car. I have the car parked near my house Wifi and it is connected. I have the schedule set to receive automatic updates. My Ford pass app shows the recall notice about the connector and says an over-the-air will be coming. Otherwise, it says the car is up to date. There must have been some over-the-air updates since March, but maybe not? Do I have some settings wrong? A second question concerns the software connector fix. Are most GT owners waiting for the over-the-air update or bringing the car into a dealership for the update? I tend to feel if it is not broken don't mess with it. Especially since I live in Northern NH where MME are nonexistent and even though my dealership says they are certified they probably have never worked on a MME.
Sponsored

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Hello,
I think your situation is normal. Last OTAs I received were 2.8.2 and 2.8.3 which said was for BlueCruise. I presume your vehicle has BC already so your car is likely pretty much up to date. As best as I can tell, the majority of the updates are to bring cars sold earlier up to par with vehicle that recently roll out of the factory.

I don't know about what GT owners are doing but my FE has a software recall for the contactor issue. At some point there should be an OTA coming my way but I haven't seen anything yet. Meanwhile I am not fretting it. Still driving my car same as before and I really haven't give it a second thought. đź‘Ť

Peaceowl

First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE, Audi Q5
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
No software updates for me yet. Waiting until they get all the bugs out. Car runs perfect for 7 months. Why fix something that isn’t broken? I would feel safer with the update, but don’t want it until it includes the total package.

ctenidae

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DMG GT; Taycan, Q7, Sienna Hybrid
Occupation
Solver of problems
Country flag
I haven't gotten the 22S41 update for my GT yet, but the tech guys at my dealership said if it didn't come by the end of last week I could bring it in and they could get it done in 40 minutes. I've been trying to get hold of Service for 2 days now, as I'd like to bring it in and get it done sooner rather than later. I'd rather get the warning that my heebyjeeby is going to eat itself, rather than getting stranded because it has eaten itself.

krazieboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang
Country flag
normal. I got my 22gtpe in late feb. only thing i've gotten was an update to the bluecruise map, which was prolly just renewal.

Wideguy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
Hey,

I bought a 2022 MME GT in March. Love the car. I have the car parked near my house Wifi and it is connected. I have the schedule set to receive automatic updates. My Ford pass app shows the recall notice about the connector and says an over-the-air will be coming. Otherwise, it says the car is up to date. There must have been some over-the-air updates since March, but maybe not? Do I have some settings wrong? A second question concerns the software connector fix. Are most GT owners waiting for the over-the-air update or bringing the car into a dealership for the update? I tend to feel if it is not broken don't mess with it. Especially since I live in Northern NH where MME are nonexistent and even though my dealership says they are certified they probably have never worked on a MME.
I just got of the phone with Ford this morning and was informed that there are certain parameters for the car to meet before the OTA can occur. Not sure I have all of these correct and maybe someone on this forum has more to offer. The ones I wrote down are:

The car has to be driven for at least 30 minutes prior to the scheduled update.
The scheduled update can not be set for 12AM.
Car must be stopped in park with parking brake on.
Door closed
Ignition off
Headlights off
at least 80% battery

OP
OP

Gene Bank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GT
Country flag
I just got of the phone with Ford this morning and was informed that there are certain parameters for the car to meet before the OTA can occur. Not sure I have all of these correct and maybe someone on this forum has more to offer. The ones I wrote down are:

Door closed
Ignition off
Headlights off
at least 80% battery
My question is does the app or car tell you there is an OTA update coming so you can make sure your car is charged to 80% and has to be driven? I have updates scheduled in the middle of the night so the car would not be driven before hand and most of the time it is not sitting at 80% charge.

Bayviews88

First Name
Kenya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 CA Rte1 RWD, Space White
Country flag
I have a 2021 Select MME and ever received any updates until I had the dealer complete the HVBJB recall, replace my broken ACC module and run vehicle wide updates. When I picked up the car, it had the elusive power-up icon on the top bar for the first time, and a message that I got Ford Power-Up 2.8.2 installed.

When I had previous updates performed by the dealer, that never happened. The car sat for 10 days waiting on the module, so I think it actually picked up and installed the update. We will see with the next Power-up if that works for me.
Anyone else have a similar experience?

Bayviews88

First Name
Kenya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 CA Rte1 RWD, Space White
Country flag

Door closed
Ignition off
Headlights off
at least 80% battery
80% battery? So this means only cars that have charged up are eligible to run the Power-Up. That seems very limiting.

notaek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Country flag

Door closed
Ignition off
Headlights off
at least 80% battery
80% battery? So this means only cars that have charged up are eligible to run the Power-Up. That seems very limiting.

Mine updated yesterday in a parking lot with 58% battery.

hawkeye3point1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Space White ER RWD, Born on 12 Aug. '21
Country flag
Here is my recipe for OTA success:
Use a Widget or check your vehicle Dashboard JSON data on Ford.com for any OTA deployment for your car, there are threads for this.
From Ford.com:
Ford Mustang Mach-E I have never reeived an update on Ford Pass or MME since I bought it in March.  Am I doing something wrong? 1659117717512

When one is available, I drive to a place that has max LTE signal to charge the LVB and because I have weak ATT cell signal at home. You can see this on the Sync Vehicle Hotspot screen. Most retail areas will be strong, indications are you need at least 3 bars. If you can, put it on a charger, shut it off and find a way to kill a 1/2 hour or so. With any luck you'll have the update upon return, the update icon shows up on the Sync screen. Alternatively, you can park with the car on or drive around for a while, just keep an eye on LTE signal if you do.
FYI, I unexpectedly received 2.8.3 while L3 charging recently and it interrupted the session for some reason.
Sponsored