Loren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E - FE Carbonized Grey
Occupation
Risk Manager
Country flag
Well, if the FOB had priority and was present, it wouldn't say that the key was not present, so I don't see how that could be the issue.
Correct, I was testing without the FOB. The FOB works perfectly every time. L

OldEVGuy

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium 4X
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Thanks. I've been trying to find out what the stock tires were. These are quality tires. I'm happy with this.
I donā€™t think we can be assured all production cars will have these Michelins. I remember looking at shots of preproduction units, auto journalists were using for their reviews, and seeing various tire manufacturers. As I recall, they were all high quality tires, so I donā€˜t think thereā€™s reason for concern.

RonTCat

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E wannabuy
Country flag
Correct, I was testing without the FOB. The FOB works perfectly every time. L
Not sure what phone you are using, but had the phone completed any OS updates recently?

OP
OP
CaGuy

CaGuy

First Name
Loren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Risk Manager
Country flag
Not sure what phone you are using, but had the phone completed any OS updates recently?
Iphone 11 and latest OS (14.3). I guess it depends on what you define as recent, as the update was in December. That may be recent in Ford terms....but not recent in Tech company terms.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Iphone 11 and latest OS (14.3). I guess it depends on what you define as recent, as the update was in December. That may be recent in Ford terms....but not recent in Tech company terms.
Am guessing he is curious if your phone OS was updated since you first paired it with the vehicle. (which doesn't appear to be the case at the moment.....)

Have you used the door pillar keypad to enter the car and the secondary PIN to start the vehicle yet? Obviously you would want to do that without your phone and key fob nearby....

OP
OP
CaGuy

CaGuy

First Name
Loren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Risk Manager
Country flag
Am guessing he is curious if your phone OS was updated since you first paired it with the vehicle. (which doesn't appear to be the case at the moment.....)

Have you used the door pillar keypad to enter the car and the secondary PIN to start the vehicle yet? Obviously you would want to do that without your phone and key fob nearby....
Not yet. Next thing to test!

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Not yet. Next thing to test!
Cool. Interested to see if you run across any mention of opening the front compartment via the door pillar keypad. Service Manual says that feature exists but I don't see anything about how to program that yet. Maybe you will run across it when you set up your PIN numbers?

eltonlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Gray
Country flag
On a FB thread with another owner in NorCal, he mentioned that he hasn't had any issues with PaaK. So could be a FordPass app bug (delete/install may help), or could be other circumstances that interfere with signal. Keen to see more owner experiences (hopefully in the next few weeks!)

RonTCat

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E wannabuy
Country flag
On a FB thread with another owner in NorCal, he mentioned that he hasn't had any issues with PaaK. So could be a FordPass app bug (delete/install may help), or could be other circumstances that interfere with signal. Keen to see more owner experiences (hopefully in the next few weeks!)
Bluetooth connectivity is always a struggle, since its frequency is in the microwave band. Someone was prolly nuking a PopTart nearby and caused his phone to disconnect, lol.

OP
OP
CaGuy

CaGuy

First Name
Loren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Risk Manager
Country flag
I am trying to delete and reinstall. So far, that hasn't helped and created more issues (it won't register the second key). Maybe I am the "lucky" one....I will try again later.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I am trying to delete and reinstall. So far, that hasn't helped and created more issues (it won't register the second key). Maybe I am the "lucky" one....I will try again later.
You can also try updating iOS to 14.4, though I doubt that will make a difference.
Sponsored