Loren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E - FE Carbonized Grey
Occupation
Risk Manager
Country flag
Congrats on the delivery! Curious, did you ever drive a Model Y or other electric car for comparison? Just trying to see what your thoughts are in relation to the others.
I have not, this is my first EV. For ride comparison's it drives a lot like an RX350/400 (with a bit more oomph). It's not a "fast"car, which I previously had in my Porsche 911. It's a very comfortable car, that is nimble and can move when necessary. Well balanced is the theme.

OP
OP
CaGuy

CaGuy

First Name
Loren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Risk Manager
Country flag
did you try an EA fast charging yet? curious on the experience both with the fordpass and speed of charging
Not yet. I have a chargepoint charger installed at home. I haven't had to use it yet, but will update when I have more experience. Lot's of public chargers around here as well, so plenty of options.

Karizzmma

First Name
Kari
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium 4x
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
I am not sure if I am the second owner on this forum, but maybe the first in California. :)

I reserved my FE the second day it was available, waited patiently, and it arrived in Northern California yesterday. Apologies for the few pics, I was focused on testing the vehicle, inspecting it and making sure it met my expectations. In short, it DID!

The car drives amazingly well. Excellent feedback, comfortable, yet firm suspension, and overall great driving experience. The fit and finish is exceptional, and much better than I expected. This is not your father's Ford. The seats are extremely comfortable too.

I really like the carbonized grey color. Looks clean, matches the red accents really well. Grabber blue is nice in person too, but I prefer the grey (personal preference)

I bought the car at Marin County Ford in Novato, California. They also have a Grabber Blue FE for sale and test driving. The previous owner cancelled their order, so if you are in the market give them a ring!

More info to come once I can take more photos and test the vehicle more. I picked the car up late last night, so not an ideal time for pics.

mache1.jpg
mache2.jpg
mache3.jpg
Congrats to you!!! I live in Redwood City. Waiting for mine that is being produced as we speak. Hope to see you on the road!

F1Dude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes
Country flag
Congrats! Great news!

How about the screen - how is the responsiveness vs. What we have seen in some of the reviews?

Reactions: ARK

theblueone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Audi e-tron
Country flag
Did they tell you what the delay was about, or what steps they took to make yours ready to hand to the customer?

OP
OP
CaGuy

CaGuy

First Name
Loren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Risk Manager
Country flag
Did they tell you what the delay was about, or what steps they took to make yours ready to hand to the customer?
Delay was in shipping from Kansas City to California. The car arrived in Kansas City on time. The dealer wasn't aware if Ford halting shipping before putting it on the truck to California or not, but the truck shipping was clearly where the added time came into play.

theblueone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Audi e-tron
Country flag
Delay was in shipping from Kansas City to California. The car arrived in Kansas City on time. The dealer wasn't aware if Ford halting shipping before putting it on the truck to California or not, but the truck shipping was clearly where the added time came into play.
Thanks for the info. Do you know when your car was manufactured? I'm wondering if it's an issue with all models shipped before X date.

OP
OP
CaGuy

CaGuy

First Name
Loren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Risk Manager
Country flag
Congrats! Great news!

How about the screen - how is the responsiveness vs. What we have seen in some of the reviews?
Initially, there is some slowness as it clearly is updating behind the scenes. Once that is done, I would say a short, acceptable delay is noticeable. It's not as quick as my iPhone for comparison, but its not so slow that its troublesome. I feel like Ford can optimize that a bit more in future updates. Overall the interface is pretty good, but takes a bit to get used to.

OP
OP
CaGuy

CaGuy

First Name
Loren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Risk Manager
Country flag
Thanks for the info. Do you know when your car was manufactured? I'm wondering if it's an issue with all models shipped before X date.
My Production date was 11/28/20, my ship date was 12/28/20, initial ETA date of 1/14/21, with Actual delivery date of 1/21/21

AndyS_OSU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevrolet BoltEV
Occupation
Educator
Country flag
I am not sure if I am the second owner on this forum, but maybe the first in California. :)

I reserved my FE the second day it was available, waited patiently, and it arrived in Northern California yesterday. Apologies for the few pics, I was focused on testing the vehicle, inspecting it and making sure it met my expectations. In short, it DID!

The car drives amazingly well. Excellent feedback, comfortable, yet firm suspension, and overall great driving experience. The fit and finish is exceptional, and much better than I expected. This is not your father's Ford. The seats are extremely comfortable too.

I really like the carbonized grey color. Looks clean, matches the red accents really well. Grabber blue is nice in person too, but I prefer the grey (personal preference)

I bought the car at Marin County Ford in Novato, California. They also have a Grabber Blue FE for sale and test driving. The previous owner cancelled their order, so if you are in the market give them a ring!

More info to come once I can take more photos and test the vehicle more. I picked the car up late last night, so not an ideal time for pics.

mache1.jpg
mache2.jpg
mache3.jpg
Super excited about my color choice now! Hopefully I'll have pics of my Carbonized Grey in the Texas sun in the next week or two

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
You mean like Ford's statement explicitly stated?