JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
I’m with you on this one Tim. Extremely disappointing. Key fob is far easier to use than a phone when you have a cart full of groceries etc. this indicates to be that there was no real plan for remote opening if the Frunk. We shall see if that holds.
If I have a cart full of groceries they are going in the back, not the frunk--a lot more room there and since we've been doing it for years that is where they will go.

Sure the novelty of the frunk means it will get used once in a while but I have a feeling after that it will get rarely used, or I'll just put some stuff that is nice to have with the car in it and leave that there.

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
If I have a cart full of groceries they are going in the back, not the frunk--a lot more room there and since we've been doing it for years that is where they will go.

Sure the novelty of the frunk means it will get used once in a while but I have a feeling after that it will get rarely used, or I'll just put some stuff that is nice to have with the car in it and leave that there.
the best part of the frunk is anything muddy wet stinks. Does not get in the cabin of the car. Simple leaving work and pour down rain shoes could be soaked switch shoes or shirt and put in front. The drain plug is really a plus. I agree with you jamie the rest goes in the back.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
the best part of the frunk is anything muddy wet stinks. Does not get in the cabin of the car. Simple leaving work and pour down rain shoes could be soaked switch shoes or shirt and put in front. The drain plug is really a plus. I agree with you jamie the rest goes in the back.
Ah good point: I can put restaurant take out there and not stink up the car with the fried food smell ;) (During pandemic my car always smells like food LOL)

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
Ah good point: I can put restaurant take out there and not stink up the car with the fried food smell ;) (During pandemic my car always smells like food LOL)
the frunk is good for keeping smells and orders out and dirt. It really will be a great thing to have.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I was considering keeping my snow scraper/brush in the frunk since it always gets full of snow. But then I realized that opening the frunk with a foot of snow on it would likely be a challenge. I guess it will stay in the trunk.

Electric Fusion

First Name
Jerome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Audi eTron, TT Roush Mustang, *Mustang Mach E 4X
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
The $7500 is a tax deduction, not a point of sale rebate. You won't see that until you file your taxes next year.
if you lease ALL rebates are point of sale no need to wait to file etc..

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I was considering keeping my snow scraper/brush in the frunk since it always gets full of snow. But then I realized that opening the frunk with a foot of snow on it would likely be a challenge. I guess it will stay in the trunk.
Yep. Because the liftgate has the foot activation and the easy access, that's the one I'll continue to use for routine stuff (groceries & such) like I so now in the Escape. The frunk seemed like a cool idea initially but the more I thought about it, the more I realized I'd just relegate it to long-term storage (scraper, emergency stuff, etc). Perfect spot for the rarely-if-ever-used EVSE and compressor too but they already gave them a spot under the floor in the back. I'll throw 2 light jackets in the frunk too (some restaurants are cold, so we like to leave a couple of jackets/hoodie in the car all the time just in case we need them).

No foot activation or easy button would cause me not to use the frunk a lot anyway, but the manual hood release will demote it further in favor of the rear cargo area for frequent use. It's nice that it's there for spill-over (better than not having it there), but the rear is just way easier.

Rotting Piñata

First Name
Adi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon hybrid
Country flag
I’m with you on this one Tim. Extremely disappointing. Key fob is far easier to use than a phone when you have a cart full of groceries etc. this indicates to be that there was no real plan for remote opening if the Frunk. We shall see if that holds.
Doesn't the phone as key mean that the car unlocks itself as you approach. No need to reach into your pocket for a FOB or phone. And the rear lift gate can be opened with your foot. Even if your hands are full of grocery bags, you should be able to open all four doors and the trunk without putting them down. The only time you'd really need to use your phone would be to access the features that aren't on the FOB (climate control, windows down, etc.). The manual double pull required to open the frunk makes me think that there will be no electrical release that can be remotely activated.

I'm curious to see how the phone lock/unlock functions works when it's unintentional. If I'm playing with the kids in the front yard, will my car lock/unlock every time I run by it? I suppose I could leave my phone inside the house - but I'm not sure that humans are capable of such a thing :)

Electric Fusion

First Name
Jerome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Audi eTron, TT Roush Mustang, *Mustang Mach E 4X
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
But you won‘t qualify for the federal tax credit at all if you lease. It will simply be a factor when setting the residual value.
Incorrect .. you already get the federal tax credit at the time you lease the car .. thus no need to file for it on your tax return because your creditor will do that .. you already got the money from them ..that is why I lease first then buy out the car at end of lease.. this way my monthly is very low .. I have done this with 3 different EV’s we have owned .. will not be any different with the Mach E as long as Ford has a leasing option.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Incorrect .. you already get the federal tax credit at the time you lease the car .. thus no need to file for it on your tax return because your creditor will do that .. you already got the money from them ..that is why I lease first then buy out the car at end of lease.. this way my monthly is very low .. I have done this with 3 different EV’s I have owned ..
Ugh, I don’t have the energy to go through all of this again, but that’s incorrect. Just because that’s how it worked with previous EVs doesn’t mean that’s the way Ford is doing it with the MME. I strongly suggest you do your research before counting on it working that way or you will be greatly disappointed.
Sponsored