RonTCat

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E wannabuy
Country flag
I’m with you on this one Tim. Extremely disappointing. Key fob is far easier to use than a phone when you have a cart full of groceries etc. this indicates to be that there was no real plan for remote opening if the Frunk. We shall see if that holds.
At least you guys with the fancy models should be able to swing your foot at the liftgate and have it open...

It is an option on the other models.

Premium/FE: Standard Hands-Free, Foot-Activated Liftgate
Select/Rt 1: Part of optional "Comfort/Technology Package"

Sponsored

Last edited:

AndyS_OSU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevrolet BoltEV
Occupation
Educator
Country flag
Ugh, I don’t have the energy to go through all of this again, but that’s incorrect. Just because that’s how it worked with previous EVs doesn’t mean that’s the way Ford is doing it with the MME. I strongly suggest you do your research before counting on it working that way or you will be greatly disappointed.
This. I do feel sorry for people just coming in though. If they have leased EVs before it's quite the gut punch when you learn how different the MME lease program is.

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
But you won‘t qualify for the federal tax credit at all if you lease. It will simply be a factor when setting the residual value.
I am confused why anyone would want to go the RCL route for the MME? Ford makes it obvious by giving incentives and even better rates towards Ford options. The residual factor when going the RCL route is not favorable either. You don't get the tax credit, you will pay more upfront if you decide to return it and you're not getting the incentive. ?

I think this has been discussed to death already but just wanted to call it out.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I am confused why anyone would want to go the RCL route for the MME? Ford makes it obvious by giving incentives and even better rates towards Ford options. The residual factor when going the RCL route is not favorable either. You don't get the tax credit, you will pay more upfront if you decide to return it and you're not getting the incentive. ?
That‘s why Ford didn’t originally plan on offering a RCL for the MME. Options was meant to be used instead. But so many people complained that there was no RCL option, so Ford capitulated and offered one. Now people are complaining that they don’t like the terms of it.

AndyS_OSU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevrolet BoltEV
Occupation
Educator
Country flag

I think this has been discussed to death already but just wanted to call it out.
I've leased a few EVs and always felt I got a pretty solid deal when I got a monthly payment to 1% of the MSRP plus tax (no money down). Obviously in some cases you can do even better than that. But generally speaking that's a good ballpark figure. 36/10 lease on $47000 MME is $830 plus tax. Essentially that's about double what one would pay if they got a solid lease deal on a similarly priced EV from another manufacturer. The market is shifting obviously. Correcting for all the cash and residual values manufacturers have thrown at EVs out of the gate. So it is to be expected somewhat...still a hard pill to swallow.

Long story short...Ford's RCL on the MME is by far the least attractive option unless your very specific situation warrants it.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Doesn't the phone as key mean that the car unlocks itself as you approach. No need to reach into your pocket for a FOB or phone. And the rear lift gate can be opened with your foot. Even if your hands are full of grocery bags, you should be able to open all four doors and the trunk without putting them down. The only time you'd really need to use your phone would be to access the features that aren't on the FOB (climate control, windows down, etc.). The manual double pull required to open the frunk makes me think that there will be no electrical release that can be remotely activated.
Yes, but we were talking about use of the frunk. A button on the fob would make it more useful than the manual hood release. Not as easy as the doors or the rear liftgate, but easier than a manual hood release inside the car.

Electric Fusion

First Name
Jerome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Audi eTron, TT Roush Mustang, *Mustang Mach E 4X
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Ugh, I don’t have the energy to go through all of this again, but that’s incorrect. Just because that’s how it worked with previous EVs doesn’t mean that’s the way Ford is doing it with the MME. I strongly suggest you do your research before counting on it working that way or you will be greatly disappointed.
I already did .. and I get what you are saying... but I like it to be very clear to everyone that may not take the time to know this stuff or talk with their dealer...it’s very simple ..

1, if you buy cash or with a bank lone .. you have to file to get that Fed tax credits on your tax return..
2, Ford option is Not a lease it’s a belong loan you first pay for the initial value over the months you select and the rest at the end but you own the car at the start with a lean on it ..and you have to file to get that tax credit on your return

all that is well know .. (well if you take the time to talk with your dealer anyways lol)

This one I am still talking with my dealer about as Ford may offer this,
Ford rad carpet lease (done this before with Ford) it’s just not confirmed yet if it will be an option.

3. Ford lease plan is just like all other lease plan .. you don’t own the car they still do, thus they file for the credit and you get it up front ..

Now I am not saying this 3rd option is confirmed to be available I am talking about all lease in general, I am still waiting to hear if Ford will offer a real leasing option.. if not the Ford option plan is the next best thing ..you just need to up your down payment and get that money back once you file your tax return.

Last edited:

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
3. Ford lease plan is just like all other lease plan .. you don’t own the car they still do, thus they file for the credit and you get it up front ..

Now I am not saying this 3rd option is confirmed to be available I am talking about all lease in general, I am still waiting to hear if Ford will offer a real leasing option.. if not the Ford option plan is the next best thing ..
I suggest you read some of the many threads on this forum about Options vs RCL. @hybrid2bev is a forum member that works for Ford Credit and has laid out exactly how the RCL works with the MME. You will not get $7500 upfront. If you did, there would be no reason for Options to exist.

AndyS_OSU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevrolet BoltEV
Occupation
Educator
Country flag
I already did .. and I get what you are saying... but I like it to be very clear to everyone that may not take the time to know this stuff or talk with their dealer...it’s very simple ..

1, if you buy cash or with a bank lone .. you have to file to get that Fed tax credits on your tax return..
2, Ford option is Not a lease it’s a belong loan you first pay for the initial value over the months you select and the rest at the end but you own the car at the start with a lean on it ..and you have to file to get that tax credit on your return

all that is well know .. (well if you take the time to talk with your dealer anyways lol)

This one I am still talking with my dealer about as Ford may offer this,
Ford rad carpet lease (done this before with Ford) it’s just not confirmed yet if it will be an option.

Now I am not saying this 3rd option is confirmed to be available I am talking about all lease in general, I am still waiting to hear if Ford will offer a real leasing option.. if not the Ford option plan is the next best thing ..
Trust us when we say this has been belabored to death. There are posters on the forum from Ford Credit. Look up the posts by @hybrid2bev for the most concrete details. Some of your info is inaccurate. His posts can clear some things up

Electric Fusion

First Name
Jerome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Trust us when we say this has been belabored to death. There are posters on the forum from Ford Credit. Look up the posts by @hybrid2bev for the most concrete details. Some of your info is inaccurate. His posts can clear some things up
I am not using information online .. I am working with my dealer with all the information I post .. if something change that I don’t know no worries but I have to go by what my dealer is working with me on., and to be honest everyone should take the time and take with their dealer directly about it .. because at the end of the day they are the one that will help you get it done .. my car will be delivered soon and will post up once done ..

Reactions: ARK

AndyS_OSU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevrolet BoltEV
Occupation
Educator
Country flag
I am not using information online .. I am working with my dealer with all the information I post .. if something change that I don’t know no worries but I have to go by what my dealer is working with me on., and to be honest everyone should take the time and take with their dealer directly about it ..
Yeah...I sat down with my dealer for 2 hours and we poked around in Ford's internal system to figure out the differences in Options and RCL. Unless your dealer is working with a third party leasing company, the programs as you describe are not available from Ford.

And again, there are forum regulars that work for Ford Credit...the people creating the programs. Probably best to take their word for it

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I am not using information online .. I am working with my dealer with all the information I post .. if something change that I don’t know no worries but I have to go by what my dealer is working with me on., and to be honest everyone should take the time and take with their dealer directly about it .. because at the end of the day they are the one that will help you get it done .. my car will be delivered soon and will post up once done ..
Okay, but unfortunately, dealers often don’t know as much as they should. And since your dealer likely hasn’t sold any MMEs yet, I’m not surprised that they’re not well versed in the new Ford Credit offerings that are specific to the MME. If they’re telling you that you will get $7500 upfront on a RCL, get that in writing ASAP. At least then you’ll have something to argue about when you find out that it’s not true.

Electric Fusion

First Name
Jerome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
That’s the point I have done the same .. I have only been taking directly with my local Ford dealer about my options, twice now and again the final available options will only come from the dealer you are dealing with .. so I have to go by their information.. I will post up my experience but they already set expectations with me .. will see if that changes..

Yeah...I sat down with my dealer for 2 hours and we poked around in Ford's internal system to figure out the differences in Options and RCL. Unless your dealer is working with a third part leasing company, the programs as you describe are not available from Ford.

And again, there are forum regulars that work for Ford Credit...the people creating the programs. Probably best to take their word for it

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
That’s the point I have done the same .. I have only been taking directly with my local Ford dealer about my options, twice now and again the final available options will only come from the dealer you are dealing with .. so I have to go by their information.. I will post up my experience but they already set expectations with me .. will see if that changes..
Well, I think we’ve done all we can for you. Good luck with it.
Sponsored