Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
Contact your dealer about the point of purchase rebate. Mine wasn't on the list until after I asked them about it, then they signed up. I've only heard of one dealer who refuses to take part in the program. As far as the $2000 California rebate it's dependent on your income level etc.

If the dealership isn't in that list do you think there is a chance they may still honor that rebate? My Mach-E is shipped and set for delivery mid-feb and I think it's probably too late to transfer it to a dealership that is on that list. Hoping to be able to get all the discounts mentioned here: https://www.carsdirect.com/deals-ar...aunching-with-up-to-11k-in-plug-in-incentives
Sponsored

Reactions: ARK
OP
OP
CaGuy

CaGuy

First Name
Loren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E - FE Carbonized Grey
Occupation
Risk Manager
Country flag
Try it using a known quality source (like audio from your phone). Satellite stations can be quite lossy (if it is truly a satellite station you're listening to as the latest version of SXM (360L) will prioritize streaming over satellite if it can).
I tried multiple sources and streaming is definitely the best, with better detail, better sound across all spectrums. The bass is still wanting a bit on streaming, but for a stock system it is really, really good. The sound quality excels with vocals, which are really clear and crisp. I tried multiple genres of sound, and the output is consistent across genres. I would rate the system a 8/10 for overall performance and a 10/10 for a stock stereo system. Definitely the best stock system I have heard.

Dahd

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Rt 1 edition
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
I forwarded the CleanFuelReward info to my dealer to get them to register themselves. They started the process immediately and should be added to the list before the delayed shipment hits.
I would encourage you to do the same for your CA based dealer.

Since its income based, it wont matter for my order but wanted them to benefit moving forward once these things are selling traditionally.

I guess I confused it with the other CA rebate which is income based. Sorry and retracted.

Last edited:
OP
OP
CaGuy

CaGuy

First Name
Loren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Risk Manager
Country flag
I forwarded the CleanFuelReward info to my dealer to get them to register themselves. They started the process immediately and should be added to the list before the delayed shipment hits.
I would encourage you to do the same for your CA based dealer.

Since its income based, it wont matter for my order but wanted them to benefit moving forward once these things are selling traditionally.
One minor note, the Clean Fuel Reward is NOT income based. Everyone can get it. L

From the website: "The reward can be applied to a purchase or lease of an electric vehicle through a participating retailer. There are no income or location restrictions within California, but the vehicle must be registered in the State of California."

buffasnow

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE, 85 Mustang GT (pasturized)
Country flag
zima and the like are all malt beverages, which means they are grain alcohol. That has a pretty strong taste to it which is covered up with a ton of sugar. White claw has alcohol from sugar, they call it clean brew process or something like that. So you end up with something not nearly as sweet which much fewer calories
>So you end up with something not nearly as sweet which much fewer calories
And much less taste (IMO).
Zima reminds me of wine coolers, White Claw and it's ilk remind me of sparkling water with not-enough flavor added and a tiny bit of alcohol.?
YMMV.

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Right, it's just the $2000 rebate that is based on income (I don't qualify.) Luckily the new, improved utility rebate is for everyone and get's taken off at time of purchase.

One minor note, the Clean Fuel Reward is NOT income based. Everyone can get it. L

From the website: "The reward can be applied to a purchase or lease of an electric vehicle through a participating retailer. There are no income or location restrictions within California, but the vehicle must be registered in the State of California."

OP
OP
CaGuy

CaGuy

First Name
Loren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Risk Manager
Country flag
It should. My 2015 fusion energi titanium does that. Well, unlocks as soon as you touch the handle. Also locks with a handle touch when leaving.
Correct. The car lights up when you are near with the FOB, and allows you to enter the vehicle (you don't hear the lock unlock as you would with a traditional lock/unlock system)

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
@CaGuy - was that $1500 clean fuel rebate taken off the price before taxes? Just curious if it reduced the sales tax, albeit very little.

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
That's great, but I didn't think cash down, etc would reduce the amount of tax as it is on the vehicle price? Maybe I am missing something... I just thought that the rebate program was pre-tax so it actually reduced the vehicle price as far as the state/county is concerned.

Yes, its like a cash down payment.

OP
OP
CaGuy

CaGuy

First Name
Loren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Risk Manager
Country flag
That's great, but I didn't think cash down, etc would reduce the amount of tax as it is on the vehicle price? Maybe I am missing something... I just thought that the rebate program was pre-tax so it actually reduced the vehicle price as far as the state/county is concerned.
Not sure if my dealer did it right or not, but the rebate did not change my taxes, it was applied to the down payment.

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
OK, I'll assume they did it correctly- I imagine the clean fuel website would have made a point of it actually reducing the sales tax if it was the case. Thanks for the clarification.

Not sure if my dealer did it right or not, but the rebate did not change my taxes, it was applied to the down payment.

eltonlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Gray
Country flag
OK, I'll assume they did it correctly- I imagine the clean fuel website would have made a point of it actually reducing the sales tax if it was the case. Thanks for the clarification.
My understanding is that it's a rebate, and rebates are typically applied after taxes are applied. So sales tax applies to the full amount, but the rebate will reduce the amount to pay in cash or amount to finance.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I tried multiple sources and streaming is definitely the best, with better detail, better sound across all spectrums. The bass is still wanting a bit on streaming, but for a stock system it is really, really good. The sound quality excels with vocals, which are really clear and crisp. I tried multiple genres of sound, and the output is consistent across genres. I would rate the system a 8/10 for overall performance and a 10/10 for a stock stereo system. Definitely the best stock system I have heard.
Is the internet streaming using you're phone's data via bluetooth, or using the car's own cellular connection? If the later, do you know if that's included, or part of a paid package?
Sponsored

Reactions: UW2