TundraEV

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium
Country flag
Now that it’s been an entire weekend, what are you finding as your favorite things about owning it??

Love the carbonized gray color btw.
Sponsored

OP
OP
CaGuy

CaGuy

First Name
Loren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E - FE Carbonized Grey
Occupation
Risk Manager
Country flag
Is the internet streaming using you're phone's data via bluetooth, or using the car's own cellular connection? If the later, do you know if that's included, or part of a paid package?
I used my phone via bluetooth. My kids have used the car's hotspot (cellular connection with AT&t). It performed well too. It is a 3gb trial with At&t. Then it is $20/month ongoing charge after the trial period. If you pay yearly the cellular goes down to $200/year or $16.67 / month.

OP
OP
CaGuy

CaGuy

First Name
Loren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Risk Manager
Country flag
Now that it’s been an entire weekend, what are you finding as your favorite things about owning it??

Love the carbonized gray color btw.
Favorite things are a long list...car performance is fantastic. Fun to drive, comfortable and a very well designed vehicle. I really love the screen, layout and function. Very well done and I can't imagine going back to a small screen. I am a big fan of the one-pedal, sensitivity is great. The stereo is fantastic, this is the upgraded stereo but its fantastic. The seats are amazing too. I am not a person that gets emotionally attached to cars, but this car is well worth the wait.

TundraEV

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium
Country flag
Favorite things are a long list...car performance is fantastic. Fun to drive, comfortable and a very well designed vehicle. I really love the screen, layout and function. Very well done and I can't imagine going back to a small screen. I am a big fan of the one-pedal, sensitivity is great. The stereo is fantastic, this is the upgraded stereo but its fantastic. The seats are amazing too. I am not a person that gets emotionally attached to cars, but this car is well worth the wait.
I am so excited for Ford and you early buyers and kicking myself daily hearing the rave reviews from people who don’t get paid for clickbait reviews. Thanks for sharing!

Of course it makes it harder to wait for my order to be drawn. Somehow (don’t laugh) I had no idea Ford was doing paid reservations on the MME until my Christmas holiday. :(

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

bullshark

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E select AWD
Country flag
Can you name a few things you don't like, if there's any. I heard mixed feedbacks about the steering and suspension, how's this compare to other SUVs? Or Model Y?

engnrng

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 GTPE, Kona EV, 2023 BMW iX
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
OK, I'll assume they did it correctly- I imagine the clean fuel website would have made a point of it actually reducing the sales tax if it was the case. Thanks for the clarification.
California giveth and California taketh away! That is Sacramentality for you!

OP
OP
CaGuy

CaGuy

First Name
Loren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Risk Manager
Country flag
Can you name a few things you don't like, if there's any. I heard mixed feedbacks about the steering and suspension, how's this compare to other SUVs? Or Model Y?
The only things I don't like are the unreliable Ford App and iPhone as a Key. Both are not consistent in connecting and information updates. And yes the frunk only opening from the inside of the car is a bit annoying.

Steering is a positive, very responsive and good overall feel for the road. The suspension is great if you want comfort, less great if you want sporty. I think suspension is relative based on your expectations (and steering too). I have not driven a Model Y, but I can tell you the car drives very much like a Lexus Rx350, with more power. I view that as a positive based on what I wanted.

If someone wants a more sporty car, I assume the GT is going to be the model for that type of performance and suspension.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
The only things I don't like are the unreliable Ford App and iPhone as a Key.
Have you been able to activate your membership for the "FordPass Charging Network" yet? Are there any details about what that membership even includes?

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
The only things I don't like are the unreliable Ford App and iPhone as a Key. Both are not consistent in connecting and information updates. And yes the frunk only opening from the inside of the car is a bit annoying.

Steering is a positive, very responsive and good overall feel for the road. The suspension is great if you want comfort, less great if you want sporty. I think suspension is relative based on your expectations (and steering too). I have not driven a Model Y, but I can tell you the car drives very much like a Lexus Rx350, with more power. I view that as a positive based on what I wanted.

If someone wants a more sporty car, I assume the GT is going to be the model for that type of performance and suspension.
Curious as to more specific on Phone-As-A-Key issues you've encountered. I know the FordPass app may not be reliable, as it's relies on network connectivity, but PaaK shouldn't have too many issues, I'd hope.

What specifically has been your issues with Phone-As-A-Key?

Bookworm214

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Premium Mach-Ex
Occupation
Retired Truck Driver
Country flag
thanks!

Michelin Primacy Tour A/S Tires | Michelin (michelinman.com)

doesn't look like a bad tire at all. If I read the picture right (and I might not be), it's H rated, so 130 MPH, which is a solid rating for the kind of driving this car will be doing. The Michelin site suggests quiet with solid snow performance as well.
There are several different Primacy tires. From the photo these are the correct tires. Tire Rack picked them with the car name. Primacy A/S

RonTCat

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E wannabuy
Country flag
Curious as to more specific on Phone-As-A-Key issues you've encountered. I know the FordPass app may not be reliable, as it's relies on network connectivity, but PaaK shouldn't have too many issues, I'd hope.

What specifically has been your issues with Phone-As-A-Key?
Me too. The bluetooth antenna are in the C-pillar (rear hatch) and side mirror. Reception should be good everywhere around the vehicle.
Sponsored