Mopey

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME GTPE, 22 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
I've had issues in the past with cellphone bluetooth connectivity with my cars when in the vicinity of my house and work. At both locations I have my cell phone's bluetooth connected to my cordless phone's bluetooth so I can answer my cell phone using any house/office cordless phone. I found that when locked to my home or office bluetooth accesories, the cell phone doesn't want to lock onto the car bluetooth until I have driven out of range and broken the bt connection to the home/office accessory. Have you confirmed whether the PAAK problems occur just at a specific location where your cell phone's bluetooth may already be connected to something else?

OP
OP
CaGuy

CaGuy

First Name
Loren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E - FE Carbonized Grey
Occupation
Risk Manager
Country flag
Is there an option to warn you in some way if your speed exceeds the set threshhold? Or is that really just for when you're using the adaptive cruise control?
They do have controls for users on setting caps for speed, which you could use for teenagers.

OP
OP
CaGuy

CaGuy

First Name
Loren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E - FE Carbonized Grey
Occupation
Risk Manager
Country flag
I've had issues in the past with cellphone bluetooth connectivity with my cars when in the vicinity of my house and work. At both locations I have my cell phone's bluetooth connected to my cordless phone's bluetooth so I can answer my cell phone using any house/office cordless phone. I found that when locked to my home or office bluetooth accesories, the cell phone doesn't want to lock onto the car bluetooth until I have driven out of range and broken the bt connection to the home/office accessory. Have you confirmed whether the PAAK problems occur just at a specific location where your cell phone's bluetooth may already be connected to something else?
I was thinking about that too, most of the issues have been at home with home wifi and bluetooth connections. I will need to do more testing to see if that changes things. I also just deleted all apps and started over, which has been helping so far.

Tsand4

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 1st Ed -rec'd 1/27/21, '14 Fusion Hybrid SE
Country flag
Am guessing he is curious if your phone OS was updated since you first paired it with the vehicle. (which doesn't appear to be the case at the moment.....)

Have you used the door pillar keypad to enter the car and the secondary PIN to start the vehicle yet? Obviously you would want to do that without your phone and key fob nearby....
I have tried the keypad entry and drove with back-up PIN and it worked flawlessly. My only concern was my 17-yr old son was in the passenger seat and now knows the PIN to drive without the key!

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
They do have controls for users on setting caps for speed, which you could use for teenagers.
Don't tell my wife ;)

Tsand4

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Ford has offered MyKey on Sync systems for many years where you can personalize settings that limit speed, radio volume, etc. This is a great feature for teen/new drivers.

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I have tried the keypad entry and drove with back-up PIN and it worked flawlessly. My only concern was my 17-yr old son was in the passenger seat and now knows the PIN to drive without the key!
I’m sure he planned that ?

Tsand4

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
@CaGuy I'm wondering 3 things that I haven't seen anywhere else:

3) Do any of the buttons on the steering wheel cycle through your XM presents when in XM mode and songs if listening to Spotify or other music via Android Auto/Apple CarPlay? I ask because I tested a car recently where the buttons on the steering wheel just advanced the channel 1 channel at a time (like going from channel 2 to 3 to 4 to 5 etc) as opposed to presets and it kinda drove me nuts =)

Thanks!
The switches on the steering wheel will toggle through presets as well as songs through streaming services (I use Spotify). What is really nice about presets is they can be in any order from any source. For example, preset 1 is an FM station, Preset 2 is a Sirius xm station, preset 3 is another FM station. You don't have different presets for each source (and yes, AM is still an option!)

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
You can try a muzzle or duct tape. Warning, attempts to do so may be hazardous to your health.
And are a felony in 49 of 50 states in the USA, plus 9 of 10 provinces and all 3 territories in Canada. :p

Jako607

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Bolt
Country flag
I am not sure if I am the second owner on this forum, but maybe the first in California. :)

I reserved my FE the second day it was available, waited patiently, and it arrived in Northern California yesterday. Apologies for the few pics, I was focused on testing the vehicle, inspecting it and making sure it met my expectations. In short, it DID!

The car drives amazingly well. Excellent feedback, comfortable, yet firm suspension, and overall great driving experience. The fit and finish is exceptional, and much better than I expected. This is not your father's Ford. The seats are extremely comfortable too.

I really like the carbonized grey color. Looks clean, matches the red accents really well. Grabber blue is nice in person too, but I prefer the grey (personal preference)

I bought the car at Marin County Ford in Novato, California. They also have a Grabber Blue FE for sale and test driving. The previous owner cancelled their order, so if you are in the market give them a ring!

More info to come once I can take more photos and test the vehicle more. I picked the car up late last night, so not an ideal time for pics.

Ford Mustang Mach-E I just received my Mach-E First Edition (in California)! 1611865294659
Ford Mustang Mach-E I just received my Mach-E First Edition (in California)! 1611865294659
Is there a way to open and close the motorized trunk from inside the car while in driver's seat? Like a physical button or button in the infotainment screen?

KAustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Telluride
Country flag
Is there a way to open and close the motorized trunk from inside the car while in driver's seat? Like a physical button or button in the infotainment screen?
Yes, through the screen.
Sponsored