Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Is there a way to open and close the motorized trunk from inside the car while in driver's seat? Like a physical button or button in the infotainment screen?
For the models with the motorized rear liftgate (Premium, First Edition Select with comfort package), yes.
Sponsored

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Is there a way to open and close the motorized trunk from inside the car while in driver's seat? Like a physical button or button in the infotainment screen?
Yes, but it takes 4 button presses through the touch screen. A physical button would have been nice.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Yes, but it takes 4 button presses through the touch screen. A physical button would have been nice.
It would be nice if a future OTA upgrade allows us to create a custom toolbar on the primary screen for things like that.

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
We just need a short-cut tile.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
We just need a short-cut tile.
I'm hoping that if I press it 19 times it will learn that I want it to stay on the main screen.
You know with the power lift gate you can also kick under the rear bumper to open it. (Although with the Mach-E's low ground clearance I can see a lot of bruised shins in people's futures).
Ford Mustang Mach-E I just received my Mach-E First Edition (in California)! 1612182874597

Tsand4

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 1st Ed -rec'd 1/27/21, '14 Fusion Hybrid SE
Country flag
Got home with groceries yesterday and tried to open the back from inside the vehicle. Interestingly, the option to open the back was not highlighted/available once the car was turned off. I needed to turn the vehicle back on for the screen activation to work. This definitely needs to be addressed. It should not be that hard to open the rear lift.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Got home with groceries yesterday and tried to open the back from inside the vehicle. Interestingly, the option to open the back was not highlighted/available once the car was turned off. I needed to turn the vehicle back on for the screen activation to work. This definitely needs to be addressed. It should not be that hard to open the rear lift.
Interesting. That makes it even less convenient than I thought. They really should have put a physical button right next to the headlight knob. That would have been better than the Max Defrost button they put there since that button is also permanently at the bottom of the touch screen. Max Defrost is also not something that we would typically need when the car is not on, unlike opening the trunk. So we get 2 easy ways to activate Max Defrost and zero easy ways to open the trunk. Kinda makes you wonder about the thought process behind that decision.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Agreed. Even though there's 4 other ways to open it, I see no reason to disable the button on the screen. That's just unnecessarily reducing capability.

available_username2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cmax energi
Country flag
sounds like an oversight without a good fix. Will have to get used to opening before turning the car off if you want to do it from inside.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
What happens if you don't hit the STOP button to "turn off" the car? If you get out of the car, does it automatically turn itself off? Or time out after a few minutes?