I love my Mach E…But I am slightly disappointed with the tech.

ElectrifyME

First Name
Carrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I really don't think you'll get the Tesla like experience from any of the big auto makers. To do what Tesla does would require a very significant pivot for the major brands to a more technology focused product instead of just "transportation equipment" companies.
However little did Ford realize, they would make a car so popular people are throwing money at them, yet those folks (us) want the same quality and bells and whistles from the baseline car: Tesla. Bottom line we will pay, just give us the car we expect as advertised. Still love seeing the MME on the road, still really want one, just not sure if it will happen.
Sponsored

Seth

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E, 1970 Ford Mustang Mach 1
Country flag
In a vacuum, I have really enjoyed the tech in the Mach E. However, it is not as great as I expected when I first decided I wanted to get a Mach E. Tesla has spoiled us into thinking all those amazing things should be expected in a premium EV. I am an optimist and hope beyond hope that some amazing OTA updates come out in the next year.

Goodsam

First Name
Good
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Honda CR-V, 2022 Lightning XLT 312A, 14FusHyb
Country flag
Would be nice to have a security camera feature and a dashcam to removeable and maybe cloud storage since a major competitor has it! I wonder what is saved in an accident in the black box?

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
Would be nice to have a security camera feature and a dashcam to removeable and maybe cloud storage since a major competitor has it! I wonder what is saved in an accident in the black box?
Be careful what you wish for. Right now there is no HVB drain when the car is off. Over 24 hours my percent charge doesn't change at all. But Tesla, Rivian and any other car with the feature you want experiences 2-4kWh of HVB drain per day while the car is off and parked. That is significant and could mean a dead HVB if it sits long enough.

Last edited:

WikiMart

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT Performance
Occupation
CPA
Country flag
Before buying a Mach E I test-drove every single Tesla model. Yes, Tesla's tech is more advanced in places, but I found their interiors very unimpressive for cars at their price point. Toyota Corollas have better fit and finish than Teslas. I chose a Mach E partly because I didn't want to be like everybody else: where I live, every fifth new car is a white Tesla.
Sponsored