I Miss It Already

TGIF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘18 Pacifica PHEV, ‘22 RR Premium 4X
Country flag
Just sold my CR1 MME in anticipation of picking up my Premium in the next week or two. I‘m back in my Pacifica PHEV for the duration and can’t believe how much I miss the EPony already.
Sponsored

Mathington

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium SR AWD
Country flag
Just sold my CR1 MME in anticipation of picking up my Premium in the next week or two. I‘m back in my Pacifica PHEV for the duration and can’t believe how much I miss the EPony already.
Hopefully you won't have to wait long! Why did you decide to change from the CR1 to the Premium?

OP
OP
TGIF

TGIF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I made the decision to upgrade within 3 weeks of ordering but the CR1 had been scheduled for build so I ended up with two orders. For $2k difference I got power lift gate, better sound system, acoustic glass (at the time of order), lighter color interior, wheels I prefer, passenger power seat, and better headlights. That’s pretty much descending order of importance to me.

Blue highway

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR RWD
Country flag
I hope the wait isn't too long... you get used to driving these things and there is no going back.

OP
OP
TGIF

TGIF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
To add insult to injury, after wondering if the Pony projections had disappeared, I saw them twice today before he left the stable (garage).

DJFM_AZ

First Name
Debora
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E 4X Premium Ice White
Occupation
physician, surgeon = people mechanic
Country flag
You said “acoustic glass”. My windshield says “Soundscreen”. What is that exactly?

OP
OP
TGIF

TGIF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The acoustic glass was dropped by Ford without compensation between my order date and the build. It was a special glass designed to dampen exterior sound. It was used in the front side windows. Hands free tailgate was also dropped without compensation. Park assist was changed to a prep kit with a $325 credit.

jbooth

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Fit, Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I feel your pain, OP. I've ended up driving the honda fit recently because my wife had the pony and gas cars are such... bad cars. It doesn't go. It doesn't stop. I have to use two pedals all the time. It doesn't have a 360 camera. Its A/C is anemic. The only things it has going for it is it is small and nimble, which I'll admit counts for quite a lot in my book.

OP
OP
TGIF

TGIF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My minivan—not so small and nimble.

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E , 22 MachE, 62 C10 Big window long bed
Occupation
Loafer
Country flag
Heh, stuck with my Explorer until my Ice Mobile gets delivered...

ripperAZ

First Name
Ripper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ice White Mustang Mach E AWD EX BATT
Country flag
LOL
My backup ICE is a Genesis G90. Loaded
but I can still complain….

“My HUD is smudged. “

My Lumbar massage unit is 3 degrees too warm”

“It’s so quiet I almost dozed off. It’s like a couch. With cooling “

“Both of the kids fell asleep watching the connected dual monitors on the seat backs”

It’s my wife’s pride and joy, and she deserves it, and I love driving it. Best ICE I ever bought in terms of bang for the buck.

Jes sayin it’s good to have a back up

bncwhite

First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 GB MME GT
Occupation
Grooper Senior Tech
Country flag
I thought the SoundScreen IS the acoustic glass. Is that wrong? Mine was built in December before the announcement they were dropping the sound dampening glass. Which glass did I end up with. My glass says SoundScreen in the corner which I understood is the acoustic glass.

Molybdenum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Ordered 8/21
Country flag
I thought the SoundScreen IS the acoustic glass. Is that wrong? Mine was built in December before the announcement they were dropping the sound dampening glass. Which glass did I end up with. My glass says SoundScreen in the corner which I understood is the acoustic glass.
The acoustic glass is the front driver and passenger windows. If yours is a Dec '21 build (like mine), you have it. The front driver window should say "acoustic" "laminated" in the text area and if you partially roll down the window and look down the top of the pane, you can see a thin layer in the middle.

edit: the word on the glass is "laminated"

Last edited:

bncwhite

First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 GB MME GT
Occupation
Grooper Senior Tech
Country flag
The acoustic glass is the front driver and passenger windows. If yours is a Dec '21 build (like mine), you have it. The front driver window should say "acoustic" in the text area and if you partially roll down the window and look down the top of the pane, you can see a thin layer in the middle.
I don’t see acoustic on my glass:
Driver Window Text:
Ford Mustang Mach-E I Miss It Already 7152D2A2-B6C9-4001-A634-4C49777E52CD

Top of driver window:
Ford Mustang Mach-E I Miss It Already 3CFBD273-A5BA-459B-AFD3-5FDCA7236B3C

Windshield:
Ford Mustang Mach-E I Miss It Already CB4A2A5D-E120-4479-891C-7F0980FF7879
Ford Mustang Mach-E I Miss It Already B2811733-15BF-4448-8889-FE24A6095B4B

Molybdenum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Ordered 8/21
Country flag
I don’t see acoustic on my glass:
I'm sorry, the word is actually laminated. I'll find another post for reference. You have it, you can see the two pieces of glass on your window with the piece in the middle of them - it's laminated

edit: here's a post for reference: https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/some-questions-re-glass.16628/, non-acoustic glass is "tempered", the acoustic version is "laminated" - there's sound dampening laminated between two layers of glass.
Sponsored