prius2pony

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e Premium First Edition
Country flag
My Grabber Blue First Edition came home on Friday. I’ve decided to name him Miles. I’m a musician, and a big Miles Davis fan. I figured Miles was an appropriate name for several reasons. Those familiar with Miles Davis’ music know his music has 3 moods paralleling the Mach-e drive modes of Whisper, Engaged and Unbridled. His trademark sound–trumpet with Harmon mute–is rather similar to the car’s electric propulsion sound. His distinctive voice was usually an intense level of whisper. His music was groundbreaking and startling and inventive–just like the Mach-e. I regard my car–like Davis–as a bit mysterious, and likely to do his own thing now and then, which I will simply have to respect as part of our relationship. And aside from the name “Miles” having an obvious automotive connotation, the color is “Kind of Blue”, which was the title of the landmark 1959 album by Davis. I plan on enjoying Miles’ company for many years to come.

IMG_4024.jpeg
Sponsored

Maric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Grats and great name! If you had red then Miles (Morales) would still be appropriate.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Nice choice!
My Grabber Blue First Edition came home on Friday. I’ve decided to name him Miles. I’m a musician, and a big Miles Davis fan. I figured Miles was an appropriate name for several reasons. Those familiar with Miles Davis’ music know his music has 3 moods paralleling the Mach-e drive modes of Whisper, Engaged and Unbridled. His trademark sound–trumpet with Harmon mute–is rather similar to the car’s electric propulsion sound. His distinctive voice was usually an intense level of whisper. His music was groundbreaking and startling and inventive–just like the Mach-e. I regard my car–like Davis–as a bit mysterious, and likely to do his own thing now and then, which I will simply have to respect as part of our relationship. And aside from the name “Miles” having an obvious automotive connotation, the color is “Kind of Blue”, which was the title of the landmark 1959 album by Davis. I plan on enjoying Miles’ company for many years to come.

Ford Mustang Mach-E I named my Grabber Blue FE! IMG_4024

Maric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
My neighbor grilled me for an hour yesterday about my Grabber Blue ME. He has an ID4 on order but I think he may be changing teams. ☺

wmaney

First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e GTPE, daughter drives Ford Focus Titanium
Country flag

This is the best explanation for a name I've seen yet - and of course Miles relates to at least 2 of your passions - driving and music - I posted elsewhere that my wife wants to name our carbonized gray FE Ford Prefect after the character in the Hitchhiker's Guide to Galaxy and I want to call it Jeeves after the intelligent (smart) title character in the P.G. Woodhouse series of books (smart name for a smart car). But I really wanted to go with the "Mach e de Sade," but given his libertine views on sexuality my wife gave my the sideways glance - so no. Car looks great.

SteelMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
My neighbor grilled me for an hour yesterday about my Grabber Blue ME. He has an ID4 on order but I think he may be changing teams. ☺
Good luck getting his own Grabber Blue at this point, since it's such a limited color. :(

Maric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Good luck getting his own Grabber Blue at this point, since it's such a limited color. :(
I think he just wants a ME in general now. He knew quite a bit about the car but had not yet seen one.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag

LOVE IT!