Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22-GTPE, Lexus GS350 F Sport, Porsche 911 SC
Occupation
Chilling
Country flag
Thanks I'll check them out. Did you paint with the calipers installed? Or remove them first? I really don't want to mess with FDRS. I can put the car up on stands and do all 4 at once if needed.
IMHO

No need to remove the calipers, just make sure they are cleaned good....Do a light 220 grit sanding, Spray or brush the paint on....Obviously spraying requires more masking of all the rest of the area for over spray.....

I have used Dupli_color, VHT, and G2......All pretty cheap on AZ.....

Good luck and post pics after you're done
Sponsored

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Thanks I'll check them out. Did you paint with the calipers installed? Or remove them first? I really don't want to mess with FDRS. I can put the car up on stands and do all 4 at once if needed.
Ford Mustang Mach-E I need caliper covers for the mach e brakes 9703D543-72B9-4084-9AD7-8709DE8159A8

jacked mine up

Ford Mustang Mach-E I need caliper covers for the mach e brakes 065A4E68-5D2F-485D-954C-4CC084F5FDE9

pulled the rotors and remounted the calipers. Just to get the rotors out of the way and make the job a little easier. Did this without taking the brake lines loose so I didn’t drain the system. Didn’t have to mess with FDRS. You do need to put it in brake service mode if you do this.

Ford Mustang Mach-E I need caliper covers for the mach e brakes 0B7D2D4A-6570-46DC-9CA3-55797A167CC8

When all done.

robbinbadams

First Name
Robbin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
California Route 1
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
Automotivetouchup makes a good spray paint that matches. I have used it on keyed body with great success. Seems like that would work to match your body paint.

method93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Premium Standard Range Rapid Red
Country flag
While I am still waiting on my car for another 2 weeks, I plan to do them on the car (put it on a lift and do some light masking like I’ve done in the past). Like @Murse-In-Airy you can buy mustang and brenbo decals online if you want to fancy it up more…which yes I do. You can also YouTube EV&Chill and she has a video of her Mach e home job.

method93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E I need caliper covers for the mach e brakes 0B7D2D4A-6570-46DC-9CA3-55797A167CC8

jacked mine up

pulled the rotors and remounted the calipers. Just to get the rotors out of the way and make the job a little easier. Did this without taking the brake lines loose so I didn’t drain the system. Didn’t have to mess with FDRS. You do need to put it in brake service mode if you do this.

When all done.
Did you spray clear yours at the end?

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Did you spray clear yours at the end?
I did not. I am (or was then) super paranoid about overspray and not masking well enough.

method93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I did not. I am (or was then) super paranoid about overspray and not masking well enough.
That was my concern also, the additional masking. How did your decals hold up without it?

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
That was my concern also, the additional masking. How did your decals hold up without it?
They were quite well stuck on when I sold it last month. I tried to remove them in my efforts to return the car to stock. They weren’t having it.

New2EV

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Charger, Explorer, Chevelle, Mach E
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Ok, I've decided this is the weekend I paint my calipers to match the pinstripe I put on the car. A sort of burgundy/merlot color from G2. Car is on stands, in brake service mode (thanks @Murse-In-Airy ) wheels/rotors off and calipers loosely remounted with pads retracted. Everything is cleaned and ready for paint. Does anyone know what torque the front and rear caliper bolts take for when I'm ready to reassemble in a few hours? Or is the 'ole good-n-tight method?

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag

New2EV

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Charger, Explorer, Chevelle, Mach E
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Thank you. Can you verify this is for the front and back calipers both? They are different bolt sizes.

Paint is on, just watching it dry now.......

Ford Mustang Mach-E I need caliper covers for the mach e brakes PXL_20220716_180713187

SigSauer

First Name
Mark David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Preiumn in DMG, AWD, ER and 1928 Model A Ford
Occupation
Retired Sales Representative
Country flag
If you live in the Central Ohio area their is Wheel Medic. They powder coated my Model A Wheels, all five around $750. That's removing the wheels, tires, tubs and rim liners. Sanding the rims and powder coating and remounting. To powder coat our MME calipers, which they remove and reinstall, $750.00. They are expensive, they are really good.

1928 Ford.jpg
Sponsored