I picked up my GTPE from a Frontier Ford and wanted to talk about my experience.

IamIA

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt, BMW i3 & i3s, Mach-E GTPE
Country flag
  • Banned
I picked up my GTPE from a Frontier Ford and wanted to talk about my experience.

I chose Frontier because even though Sunnyvale Ford is closer to me, I have read horror stories about them.
With Frontier, I did not experience any of the ADM-gauging or not honoring the X-Plan or even demanding that everything needed to be written down.

They also were providing me with Vehicle Visibility Report whenever I asked even though I could not benefit from tracing the progress my train was making from Kansas to Richmond due to some automated voice system always reporting that my railcar is empty and in Princeton, Indiana.

On the day of the delivery, I knew about it thanks to the Ford Reservation tracing system (https://seg.fyi/mache-vin/#/details?vin=3FMTK4SXXMME02034&order=9680) and called my dealer who confirmed that it arrived. I picked it up on same day. The Ford emailing system notified me that the car arrived on the following day.

Mike Marrufo (408 655 5916) has been an outstanding professional through the entire process. Always responsive to a phone call but less so to an email, not pushy or smalltalk initiator which I appreciated, nor tried to sell me something that I didn’t ask about.
The X-Plan or California Clean Fuel Reward at point of sale pricing was not a problem nor was there any talk of markups if you order online.
They also honored my request not to drill the front license plate bracket and gave me two key fobs.

However, the important thing is to order online as I have noticed that they do have markups on dealer stock and apparently people are willing to pay up.
In fact, the issue of honoring the MSRP price or accepting X-Plan is something that we did verbally-only and there were no last-minute surprises.

Here are my timelines for Grabber Blue GTPE:
Reservation 1: 1/26/21
Cancellation 1: 2/1/21
Reservation 2: 2/2/21
Order: 4/27/21
Production Scheduled: 9/13/21
Built: 9/24/21
Shipped: 9/27/21
In Kansas City: 10/7/21
At Dealer's: 10/28/21

I am loving the car so far and my point of reference is a Tera World equipped 2018 BMW i3s BEV. I have to say that so far, some of the things I find were better on the i3 are:
the sound system​
the turning circle and visibility​
the key fob.​

Oh, one last question: what is up with calling this a she-car? This is definitely a male and i cringe when i hear people use the she pronoun.

Ford Mustang Mach-E I picked up my GTPE from a Frontier Ford and wanted to talk about my experience. 20211028_181852

Ford Mustang Mach-E I picked up my GTPE from a Frontier Ford and wanted to talk about my experience. 20211029_150733

Last edited:

Gino_A

First Name
Gino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Bolt, 2021 MME 2021 Pacifica, 2011 Silverado
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

I chose Frontier because even though Sunnyvale Ford is closer to me, I have read horror stories about them.
With Frontier, I did not experience any of the ADM-gauging or not honoring the X-Plan or even demanding that everything needed to be written down.

They also were providing me with Vehicle Visibility Report whenever I asked even though I could not benefit from tracing the progress my train was making from Kansas to Richmond due to some automated voice system always reporting that my railcar is empty and in Princeton, Indiana.

On the day of the delivery, I knew about it thanks to the Ford Reservation tracing system (https://seg.fyi/mache-vin/#/details?vin=3FMTK4SXXMME02034&order=9680) and called my dealer who confirmed that it arrived. I picked it up on same day. The Ford emailing system notified me that the car arrived on the following day.

Mike Marrufo (408 655 5916) has been an outstanding professional through the entire process. Always responsive to a phone call but less so to an email, not pushy or smalltalk initiator which I appreciated, nor tried to sell me something that I didn’t ask about.
The X-Plan or California Clean Fuel Reward at point of sale pricing was not a problem nor was there any talk of markups if you order online.
They also honored my request not to drill the front license plate bracket and gave me two key fobs.

However, the important thing is to order online as I have noticed that they do have markups on dealer stock and apparently people are willing to pay up.
In fact, the issue of honoring the MSRP price or accepting X-Plan is something that we did verbally-only and there were no last-minute surprises.

Here are my timelines for Grabber Blue GTPE:
Reservation 1: 1/26/21
Cancellation 1: 2/1/21
Reservation 2: 2/2/21
Order: 4/27/21
Production Scheduled: 9/13/21
Built: 9/24/21
Shipped: 9/27/21
In Kansas City: 10/7/21
At Dealer's: 10/28/21

I am loving the car so far and my point of reference is a Tera World equipped 2018 BMW i3s BEV. I have to say that so far, some of the things I find were better on the i3 are:
the sound system​
the turning circle and visibility​
the key fob.​

Oh, one last question: what is up with calling this a she-car? This is definitely a male and i cringe when i hear people use the she pronoun.

Ford Mustang Mach-E I picked up my GTPE from a Frontier Ford and wanted to talk about my experience. 20211029_150733

Congratulations! Thanks for the info on Frontier Ford.

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
I think she's very pretty.

Peaceowl

First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE, Audi Q5
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Beautiful‼?have fun. Thnx for the Frontier Ford info. We are due in next week for our Premium. But may have a chance for a GT soon. Now making a decision is another story!

williswong

First Name
Willis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach E Red
Country flag
congrats on the delivery! what are you gonna do with the front license plate then?

TheSeg

First Name
Seg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
seg.fyi
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium EB-RWD (Built: Feb 2021)
Country flag

Congrats on the new wheels! I'm glad my tool still works even with putting no effort into it since April. ;)

Why do folks need to gender things? You define what your identity means to you. No need to prove it to others. ??‍♂

OP
OP

IamIA

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
congrats on the delivery! what are you gonna do with the front license plate then?
i will not install the front license plate bracket. i think in California, it is not required? I had no bracket on my BMW i3 for over a year and travelled throughout California and police didnt bother me.

Last edited:

williswong

First Name
Willis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach E Red
Country flag
i will not install the front license plate bracket. i think in California, it is not required? I had no bracket on my BMW i3 for over a year and travelled through California and police didnt bother me.
I thought it was required in california? Anybody care to verify?

TheSeg

First Name
Seg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
seg.fyi
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium EB-RWD (Built: Feb 2021)
Country flag
i will not install the front license plate bracket. i think in California, it is not required? I had no bracket on my BMW i3 for over a year and travelled through California and police didnt bother me.
It's required. Getting a ticket for it is a constant dice roll.

mfbrown

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Prem, RWD, ER; 2023 MME Prem, RWD, ER
Country flag
Congrats on the new wheels! I'm glad my tool still works even with putting no effort into it since April. ;)
Didn't know where the Seg tool came from, but THANK YOU!! It is the best and most accurate data we get on our deliveries!

OP
OP

IamIA

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It's required. Getting a ticket for it is a constant dice roll.
my defense i guess will be: look at all those fugly teslas also driving without the front license plate--don't discriminate against me.

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
my defense i guess will be: look at all those fugly teslas also driving without the front license plate--don't discriminate against me.
In some areas of CA a good 40% of the cars on the road have no front plate, so it really depends on where you are if they bother handing out fix it tickets. Typically you will get one if you are pulled over for something else, or parking enforcement sees you are not perfectly parked. Airports are also a prime location where your lack of front plate can easily get you a fix it ticket. If you don't want to pay the fine rather then drilling holes in your bumper just get one of these https://licenseplatewrap.com/ and if you do get a fix it ticket then stick in on.

For a supposed green state you would think that needlessly wasting materials making a pointless front plate would be high up the list of things to remove, however in CA the bureaucratic jobsworths have little to no common sense.
Sponsored