I ran all the FDRS updates and I can TASTE Blue Cruise

mpshizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Country flag
So, I got an fdrs license for the first time since October and ran all of the updates my car had (Which were many)

So for those thinking of doing the same to get blue cruise, let me share how the journey has gone so far

Not all, but most of the updates available for me were related to the blue Cruise series that has been releasing recently.

The modules I updated were:
IPMA - image processor
PSCM - power steering
CCM - Cruise Control
CMR - Driver Status Monitor Camera
ABS - Anti Lock Brakes (in case you've been under a rock since 1980 and haven't heard of ABS ?)
IPC - instrument panel display
DSP - Audio digital signal processor
OBCM - Off board charging
SOBD - on board diagnostics
PCM - Power train control
GWM - Gateway module
RFA - Remote function actuator

Notes about the update process:
ABS, IPMA, and PSCM wouldn't disappear from the update list even though they were successful

USB updates were... Weird. The 2 USB updates I ran were IPC and GWM.
After the IPC update the sync screen said it was unsuccessful. But I could clearly see the IPC was running the new UI. So I lied to FDRS and told it the update was successful. And when it ran the post update checks, it did in fact confirm the update was installed ?‍♂.
Same thing happened on GWM.

Notes after updating:
No blue cruise still.. I suspect the primary component I'm missing here is the map data. Not sure which module contains that, but I'm guessing it's APIM (which was notably missing from the update list)

Brake pedal feel is WAY better.. no more of this:
Ford Mustang Mach-E I ran all the FDRS updates and I can TASTE Blue Cruise brake-van

Lane centering is much better. It's a bit more fidgety than before. Less smooth, but after this update I would feel comfortable going hands free. Before I was not.

So I guess we'll see when the map data comes in..
Sponsored

Last edited:

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Rivian R1T, 23 Tesla MYP
Occupation
IT Engineering
Country flag
Are you using the Mongoose adapter for doing your updates?

OP
OP
mpshizzle

mpshizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Country flag
Another note here.. I'm curious what the off board charger update does, given I already did the charging curve update back in October

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Another note here.. I'm curious what the off board charger update does, given I already did the charging curve update back in October
It allows DCFC to function. Some cars shipped without that ability or were experiencing faults when attempting to DCFC. There is a service announcement in the system that helps explain the scenario. Click on the TSB tab in the PTS and you will find all the bulletins that apply to your VIN.

OP
OP
mpshizzle

mpshizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Country flag
It allows DCFC to function. Some cars shipped without that ability or were experiencing faults when attempting to DCFC. There is a service announcement in the system that helps explain the scenario. Click on the TSB tab in the PTS and you will find all the bulletins that apply to your VIN.
I'm not sure what the PTS is ?

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I'm not sure what the PTS is ?
If you have the FDRS software license then it should allow you to access the PTS system. I think it stands for Professional Technician Society. It has the Workshop Manual, PC/ED pages. Bulletins, wiring diagrams etc.

Do you get any of that stuff with the FDRS license?

OP
OP
mpshizzle

mpshizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Country flag
If you have the FDRS software license then it should allow you to access the PTS system. I think it stands for Professional Technician Society. It has the Workshop Manual, PC/ED pages. Bulletins, wiring diagrams etc.

Do you get any of that stuff with the FDRS license?
I didn't think that was included with a non dealer license. I can try my motor craft login and see if it works. Is it an online resource?

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I didn't think that was included with a non dealer license. I can try my motor craft login and see if it works. Is it an online resource?
Bummer. :(
Never mind then. I figured it was part of that license. It is part of Service Publications.
Ford Mustang Mach-E I ran all the FDRS updates and I can TASTE Blue Cruise 1647211937550

OP
OP
mpshizzle

mpshizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Country flag
Bummer. :(
Never mind then. I figured it was part of that license. It is part of Service Publications.
Ford Mustang Mach-E I ran all the FDRS updates and I can TASTE Blue Cruise 1647211937550
Proof that Ford wants the appearance of DIYers and right to repair. But they don't ACTUALLY want you to fix anything ha ha ha. No wiring diagrams for me ?

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Congrats on being brave and running all the way through! Are you in early access?

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
OP
OP
mpshizzle