Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Ford F-150, 2018 Tesla Model 3 & 2 Ducati M/C
Occupation
Test Dummy
Country flag
Good to know that Tesla has these problems as well. I have a couple of friends who have Teslas and they use the credit card method to get into their car. And the B pillar gets scratched up from all the credit card taps.
I keep my keycard in my wallet. If I don't have my phone with me and need to get in my car, I just leave the keycard in the wallet and pass the wallet near the B pillar. You don't need to touch the card to the pillar (and it's glass) so I'm not sure how it's getting scratched?
Sponsored

LagerHead

Banned
Banned
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Test Dummy
Country flag
Friends of mine who have both an older Model S and a new Model 3 have had so much issues with paak (on the model 3) that they kept demanding Tesla give them a FOB. It took a while, but Tesla finally caved and gave them a FOB.
They sound pushy. I've found, in all cases, people having trouble with PaaK on their Tesla need to configure their phone correctly so the Bluetooth stays active and you won't have any problems. But a Tesla keyfob is only $150 with free shipping. Neither my wife or I have the need for one, Paak works perfectly and we always have a keycard in our wallets in case our phone breaks or gets lost.

LagerHead

Banned
Banned
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Test Dummy
Country flag
I use PAAK and it’s definitely frustrating. It usually unlocks the doors for me and that’s about it. I get the “no key detected“ message almost every single time. It’s so tempting to just go buy another fob. Which is one area where Ford has Tesla beat: they don’t even give you a fob. You have to buy one. Or use your phone or a credit card to open the door.
You're lucky a keyfob is only $130. A Volvo keyfob can go over $1000!

But do check the configuration settings of your phone, there are a ton of options and it can get confusing but I bet when you get your phone working correctly the doors will open instantly, everytime, as you walk up.
Sponsored