I think I would prefer this infotainment set up from Lincoln.

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I would expect the MME's system, which will be Sync 4, to be better than any version of Sync 3 on a Ford or Lincoln.

Makes sense to me that Lincoln would eventually meet or exceed the version put in the MME, but at least initially and for a bit after, the MME's Sync 4 will be the pinnacle of Ford/Lincoln's various infotainment systems.

The new Bronco Sport won't get it, but the Bronco will. None of the 2020 Lincoln's have it, maybe some of the 2021's might have it? But I did a quick google search and didn't see Lincoln as having announced this yet for any of their 2021 vehicles.

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
The new Bronco Sport won't get it, but the Bronco will. None of the 2020 Lincoln's have it, maybe some of the 2021's might have it? But I did a quick google search and didn't see Lincoln as having announced this yet for any of their 2021 vehicles.
F-150 too I believe.

DaveRuns

Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
I like the manual controls for HVAC & Sound.
I can agree with maual sound controls (like the Mach-E), but adamantly disagree with clunkly manual controls for HVAC. How often are you really changing temp controls anyway? They're just taking up valuable space and making the stack look clunky. No thanks. (my opinion)

OP
OP
Redundant

Redundant

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X-Space White, 1 Ford Flex, 2 Ford Escapes
Country flag
We
I can agree with maual sound controls (like the Mach-E), but adamantly disagree with clunkly manual controls for HVAC. How often are you really changing temp controls anyway? They're just taking up valuable space and making the stack look clunky. No thanks. (my opinion)
Well, you might be right. Also, I am discounting how easy it might be to just give verbal instructions, like "Ford, make the temperature 72°" with Sync 4.

DaveRuns

Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
We

Well, you might be right. Also, I am discounting how easy it might be to just give verbal instructions, like "Ford, make the temperature 72°" with Sync 4.
My 2005 Acura TL had the ability to use voice control to change the temp.....I'm hoping a 2021 car has progressed a little bit :)

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I like the manual controls for HVAC & Sound.
I don't want them to be manual but I do want those to be independent controls that don't go through the infotainment system.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
MME is Sync 4A; F-150 is Sync 4. Sync 4 is closer to evolutionary than revolutionary, from what I've seen in the pictures, early F-150 reviews, etc. See for example 2021 Ford F-150: It's Got Screen Presence (motortrend.com) and compare that to what we're going to have. Ford has a Sync 4 video at as well that you can compare to.
Given that Sync 4 is web based it is likely that the difference between 4 and 4a is very minimal--like a "skin". It would save on development costs.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
Given that Sync 4 is web based it is likely that the difference between 4 and 4a is very minimal--like a "skin". It would save on development costs.
I think Ford missed the boat. Our Sync should have been 4 "E"

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
Fair.
Sponsored