I think our Mach-e is going back to Ford. Permanently.

Scrannel

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover Sport Diesel. Tesla Model 3 Performance
Occupation
Screenwriter
Country flag
OP's having a lot of trouble getting his car to charge -- think that's clear. However, he could have been helped if the Ford rep he got on the phone had actually taken the time to really help him (or her) sort... instead of passing him on to a recording.
Sponsored

fayt349

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i4 eDrive 40 M-Sport
Occupation
Network Support Engineer
Country flag
Are you saying your problems with the Mach-E are mostly that it is too big? Or are the problems mostly that the software is poor?
Main issue is the software. Something that enhanced my decision is that I prefer smaller cars.

Sin_Chase

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E AWD ER
This might sound harsh, but why does the Mobile phone app make or break the car for you?

You don't need it, at all.

I appreciate its perhaps desirable but it sounds like you bought an app first and a car second.

The car won't change, the software will mature though.

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
While I have replied to many posts here on this forum and also started several threads, I don't think any of them had to do specifically with the software or PAAK. I thought I would reply to this one though.

I did set up PAAK when I first bought the car 6 months ago but never set up a profile as I am the only one driving the car. I don't care for any of the extra features, options, or whatever it has to offer. My PAAK has always worked since day one with the exception of every once in a while I get a notice "no key detected" but I just hit the OK button and all goes on without incident. Apple CarPlay always connects and it is the only thing I ever use on the display. I do not use the Ford Nav or any other features. I do not use the Ford Pass app either even though it is on my phone. When the car needs charging I plug it into my home charger (built into my SolarEdge inverter) and the car starts charging. When I want to stop charging I open the SolarEdge app and tell it to stop. When I am out and about and need to charge I find only EVgo fast chargers (they are always around anywhere I drive in the Sacramento or SF bay area) and pull up the EVgo app and initiate charging.

I use very little of the Ford software both in the car and on my phone to operate the car and for almost 8,000 miles it has worked flawlessly. I see people here having issues with charging schedules, journeys, securialert, etc., etc., and since I use none of this I guess it is why I am loving the car so much. I know many here bought the car for the tech and I guess it has a long way to go to get it all right but I bought it to get me from point A to point B and so far I have not been disappointed one bit.

Last edited:

MachGeo

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 AWD LR; Mach E GT (on order)
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
if you listened at all to insideev stream with the head of EV at ford, he said they have been in the process of turning on modules, and once they are all on will be starting OTA this year.

No I didn't, but honestly I shouldn't be required to to watch some random stream to hear about eventual intentions of fixing basic stuff like being able to unlock or start your car or to actually charge it...

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E , 22 MachE, 62 C10 Big window long bed
Occupation
Loafer
Country flag
Meh, my car is my car and my cell phone is cheap. I bought a Ford because it is a car not a phone and I did not get the drive assist gizmos for a reason. Perspective I guess.

Told the wife it was drive electric week and there were meetups around, we looked at each other and kinda snickered, ya, no, it is just a car, it may be a nice, efficient car but it is that, a car.

In a few years EVs will be like buying any other car and the MachE is IMO the first of that type even with all the hype. I hope the OP ventures out into the world and finds one that indeed does give him and his the fulfillment they desire.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
I can't understand anything other than the customer is p!ssed off. But what are his problems is hard to say, is it something wrong with his car, or support, or it's a user error? Since nothing correlates with my experience I can't decipher this.
English is not his primary language.

The car isn’t charging as it should on an L2 charger. The charger (unknown to me what type) is WiFi connected. The car is WiFi connected. The app won’t reflect what’s happening as he car is asleep. Nor can he get the app (FordPass) to make the car charge when it’s plugged in. Ford customer service is lacking.

Or so I think from the post.

I’ll agree with this much, FordPass is lacking. I personally do not do anything beyond the bare minimum with FordPass. I have my charging schedule set in the car not the app, for example.

ChuckA

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 MME Premium AWD ER in Infinite Blue
Occupation
Accountant-Retired
Country flag
English is not his primary language.

The car isn’t charging as it should on an L2 charger. The charger (unknown to me what type) is WiFi connected. The car is WiFi connected. The app won’t reflect what’s happening as he car is asleep. Nor can he get the app (FordPass) to make the car charge when it’s plugged in. Ford customer service is lacking.

Or so I think from the post.

I’ll agree with this much, FordPass is lacking. I personally do not do anything beyond the bare minimum with FordPass. I have my charging schedule set in the car not the app, for example.
I also note that the post was from someone in Norway. There are a ton of variables that make SW work for some owners but not for others. Is this MachE a 1st Edition? Also, was it made in EU or Mexico? I’ve had problems with PaaK that I think were self-inflicted errors on my part. I’m still figuring out the system set-ups so I can’t yet opine as to if things are working properly.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
I also note that the post was from someone in Norway. There are a ton of variables that make SW work for some owners but not for others. Is this MachE a 1st Edition? Also, was it made in EU or Mexico? I’ve had problems with PaaK that I think were self-inflicted errors on my part. I’m still figuring out the system set-ups so I can’t yet opine as to if things are working properly.
All the EU/UK an EEA (Countries such as Norway) cars are built in Mexico. For now, that's where they're all built.

Useless Trivia: The folks in Norway and the folks in Hawaii had a race to see who's mach-e's took the longest to deliver. Norway "won." Or would that be Norway lost? Their cars took far longer than ours. And ours took a long time. ;)

Anyway, If I was having the problems the OP appears to be having, I'd try to do as much scheduling and the like in the cars synch system and in a smart EVSE (Presuming it's not the Ford version). That might make things work a bit more normal for now.

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 4X, ‘14 SS Sedan tuned, ‘17 WRX tuned
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
I also haven't had a single issue with mine.

I pick it up in November.
Same here, sometime in November. By the looks of all of these similar posts I half expect to light the mofo on fire in the first week. Then I remember no one is forcing me to use the app.
Sponsored