I want a 2022. When should I order?

MachoHulkWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Camery
Country flag
Looking for some advice/opinions. I'm interested in ordering a Mach-E GT, but I really would like a 2022 model since we're so close to the "rumored" 2022 order date. However, some people speculate that some of the 2021 orders are going to be turned into 2022 orders like folks are seeing with the Bronco.

My question is this - should I order one now and hope that it turns into a 2022, or should I just wait for 9/27 and put in an order and get a 2022 for sure. Also, that 9/27 date might not even be accurate, so there's that coming into play too. I just want to get in line to get a Mach-E GT and would rather not wait longer than I have to, but at the same time I understand the current situation and it requires some patience.

Edit: Currently, for the GT, this is what's listed on the order page: " Non-Reservation Orders Est. Deliv. 28+ Weeks "

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

Last edited:

Mach E JT

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X3, Acura RDX, Corvette C8
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Contact your preferred dealer. Explain the situation to them. I'd wager they will happily set you up to get in line as soon as the 2022 order banks open. They will know the transition dates even if they do not release them publicly yet.

krazieboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang
Country flag
I placed my order for a gt early Aug. i have a good feeling that it'll be a 2022 due to the delay and the long eta by ford. Some people have stated they got emails at work stating all aug orders would be 2022, but i've never seen a SS. Could always placed a order now, then place another one at 9/27. Just make sure it's fully refundable, and then cancel one of your orders then.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Looking for some advice/opinions. I'm interested in ordering a Mach-E GT, but I really would like a 2022 model since we're so close to the "rumored" 2022 order date. However, some people speculate that some of the 2021 orders are going to be turned into 2022 orders like folks are seeing with the Bronco.

My question is this - should I order one now and hope that it turns into a 2022, or should I just wait for 9/27 and put in an order and get a 2022 for sure. Also, that 9/27 date might not even be accurate, so there's that coming into play too. I just want to get in line to get a Mach-E GT and would rather not wait longer than I have to, but at the same time I understand the current situation and it requires some patience.

Edit: Currently, for the GT, this is what's listed on the order page: " Non-Reservation Orders Est. Deliv. 28+ Weeks "

Thanks in advance!
https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...eduling-production-start-dates-released.8092/

Carmel Mach E Auto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT PE, Focus Electric
Country flag
My question is this - should I order one now and hope that it turns into a 2022, or should I just wait for 9/27 and put in an order and get a 2022 for sure. Also, that 9/27 date might not even be accurate, so there's that coming into play too.
Other than having $500 tied up in a reservation, there's no penalty for getting in line now. So that's what I'd do. Then, when MY2022 ordering opens - whenever that turns out to be - you can put in a second reservation at that time as well if there has been no communication about converting as yet unfulfilled MY2021 reservations to MY2022. You can then simply keep whichever one gets you the MY2022, and at the earliest date. If they will convert your MY2021 order, great. If not, cancel it, and go with the MY2022 order.
Sponsored