Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1967 Mustang, 2013 Kia Optima, 2018 Kia Sportage
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
Hey Engineers and tinkerers; I like the Frunk Divider for groceries and the like. However if you have something you don't want inside the cabin, then it has to be small to put in the Frunk. 1st Dilemma, out to eat; left over box is not going in my car/cabin. However that normal size square Styrofoam box would not lay flat in the Frunk.

That led me to think about that Charging door thing that prevents it from getting bent. (I still chuckle about that; talk about a niche market). Anyway, I digress. I want a Frunk divider that is foldable. Seems like if we had that we could "have our left overs and eat them too". A simple design with hinges and clips come to mind. So there is my challenge to you DIYers and EVANNEX!!! Why your at it an automatic button to open the Frunk on my Fob or Phone would be nice (FORD)!!!
Sponsored

fightinag

Banned
Banned
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 mach e
Occupation
retired flight nurse
Country flag
Hey Engineers and tinkerers; I like the Frunk Divider for groceries and the like. However if you have something you don't want inside the cabin, then it has to be small to put in the Frunk. 1st Dilemma, out to eat; left over box is not going in my car/cabin. However that normal size square Styrofoam box would not lay flat in the Frunk.

That led me to think about that Charging door thing that prevents it from getting bent. (I still chuckle about that; talk about a niche market). Anyway, I digress. I want a Frunk divider that is foldable. Seems like if we had that we could "have our left overs and eat them too". A simple design with hinges and clips come to mind. So there is my challenge to you DIYers and EVANNEX!!! Why your at it an automatic button to open the Frunk on my Fob or Phone would be nice (FORD)!!!
Aftermarket will come to the rescue.....just like they have with the faux front grill

Kabish

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Mustang
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Why your at it an automatic button to open the Frunk on my Fob or Phone would be nice (FORD)!!!
It really should had been shipped that way! The frunk, IMO, is basically worthless the way it currently is. Who wants to have stuff in their hands and go open the car first, then pull a stupid lever two times, then go open the hood. I have used it ONE time, and it was when I first got it and I put or Wings N Things in there to freak out the kids. "DAD!!! Its going to smell like smoke now!!" lol

There have been multiple times I've wanted to use the frunk, but it remains closed..

TheVirtualTim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Escape Hybrid
Country flag
It really should had been shipped that way! The frunk, IMO, is basically worthless the way it currently is. Who wants to have stuff in their hands and go open the car first, then pull a stupid lever two times, then go open the hood. I have used it ONE time, and it was when I first got it and I put or Wings N Things in there to freak out the kids. "DAD!!! Its going to smell like smoke now!!" lol

There have been multiple times I've wanted to use the frunk, but it remains closed..
It was frunk dividers ... or delay the car. They ran into a regulatory hurdle (I do not know the specifics).

If a kid is locked inside a trunk and uses the release cord/button, the trunk can pop without too much danger -- even if the car is in motion.

If a kid is locked inside a frunk and uses the release button, the hood could go flying up, blocking the drivers view ... and potentially causing an accident.

They were required to disable the feature until they completed the regulatory testing (my guess is that it probably isn't allowed to be used unless the car is in park.) But they ALSO couldn't ship a car where a kid could get locked in the frunk with no way out ... and since they had to disable the electronic frunk button... that would have been a problem.

The frunk dividers was the work-around... divide up the space so there is no space large enough for a kid to fit ... and that meant they didn't have to provide an internal release button.

A long time ago Ford had a video where they talked about this and said they hoped to clear the regulatory hurdle and have it working this year.

Bottom line... once they have approval (regulatory compliance) the electronic release will be enabled (and I'm guessing cars will stop shipping with frunk dividers.)

MyLittlePony2022

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 "Mach-E Auto" GTPE, Cyber Orange
Country flag

See links below on this subject. The last one is probably what I will do.

https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/how-to-remove-mach-e-frunk-divider-diy-writeup.3953/

https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...ions-on-how-to-remove-the-frunk-divider.3904/

https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/frunk-divider-removal-how-to-video.5429/page-2

https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/mme-frunk-hack-to-make-center-divider-removable.7089/

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag

will

First Name
Not Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ridgeline RTL-T, 2022 MME Prem Ext Rwd
Country flag
faux me... this got fauxy fast.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
I did the last one. Worked out pretty good. Had to do some cleanup on one piece to satisfy my quasi OCD, but I'm fairly happy with it.
Don't worry - now that you said that, someone will make it.
I want to see someone else do the faux fur grill. Someone else.
Do you barbecue faux hot dogs with a faux grill?
Don't be silly. You can only grill faux hotdogs on a faux grill. Duh.
Tofu pups, Smart Dogs, Field Roast.

Yes, there are such things.
Ford Mustang Mach-E I Want A Retractable Frunk Divider!!! 1629323285756

Ford Mustang Mach-E I Want A Retractable Frunk Divider!!! 1629323303619

Ford Mustang Mach-E I Want A Retractable Frunk Divider!!! 1629323318611

Ford Mustang Mach-E I Want A Retractable Frunk Divider!!! 1629323248442

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

Been using a Rubbermaid tote in the back for larger items I do not want in the car. With the cover closed it seems to work well. No diesel smell at all and fits 3 25L (5.5 gallon) cans. Wash it out and it is good to go again.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
<snip>
I want to see someone else do the faux fur grill. Someone else.
<snip>
You mean you’re not going to put a cat face on your MME? ?
Sponsored