Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
ok I feel a bit better. Carry on with you day.
(actually I would be a bit better if my ford dealer rep would email me back)
from your mouth to Ford's ears ??????

MerryBrown

First Name
Mary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Escape, Red Ford Mach-E on order
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
ok I feel a bit better. Carry on with you day.
(actually I would be a bit better if my ford dealer rep would email me back)
If we all scream at the same time and clap our hands maybe it will move things along! ;) ?

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
If I get mine to click its wheels together and repeat "There's no place like home", will it get here faster?

Ponypower50

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 CMax, 2021 Rapid Red Mach-E FE
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I just hope they worked out all the bugs with the Mache while testing. Ford has had issues with the first Cmax introductions and the 2012-2017 Focus transmissions. Law suits are still pending on the Focus transmissions.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I just hope they worked out all the bugs with the Mache while testing. Ford has had issues with the first Cmax introductions and the 2012-2017 Focus transmissions. Law suits are still pending on the Focus transmissions.
Sure, but typically they have dozens of concurrent models that are fine. They have sold a stupefying number of cars in their history. Every once in a while they get an experiment wrong, which is why they are generally conservative in their decision making. They won't ship a bunch of cars with the attitude that they'll fix it later with OTA updates.

Ponypower50

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 CMax, 2021 Rapid Red Mach-E FE
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
As I recall, @trutolife27 mentioned that one of the stress inducers among his friends and acquaintances at the Cuautitlan Assembly Plant was the high emphasis on quality control so that nothing leaves the plant needing correction at the dealers. Issues do arise though once any vehicle is in mass use, there will be recalls and fixes. Some will be able to be resolved by an OTA, others will require a visit to the dealer. Guaranteed to happen. But I think the issues we will see are going to be greatly minimized by Ford rather than pushed out the door just to meet an artificial deadline or enhance the bottom line.

Last edited:

jonkMACHE

First Name
JK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME 4X
As I recall, @trutolife27 mentioned that one of the stress inducers among his friends and acquaintances at the Cuautitlan Assembly Plant was the high emphasis on quality control so that nothing leaves the plant needing correction at the dealers. Issues do arise though once any vehicle is in mass use, there will be recalls and fixes. Some will be able to be resolved by an OTA, others will require a visit to the dealer. Guaranteed to happen. But I think the issues we will see are going to be greatly minimized by Ford rather than pushed out the door just to meet an artificial deadline or enhance the bottom line.
This is very true. Would you rather have a rushed out piece of junk with QC issues or wait an extra month and have a reliable car?

But the wait is terrible, I agree 😂
Sponsored