TheStig

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 GB Mach-E FE, 2023 Porsche GT4
Country flag
I had an order in for an Infinite Blue Premium, but was mad I missed the chance to get Grabber Blue. Well, I got lucky and was able to just get one off a dealer lot. Even got to use A/Z plan.

Ford Mustang Mach-E I was able to get a GB FE off the dealer lot 8AC5B2EE-A2E6-41AA-A8DD-90A993297DA2

I’ve only taken pictures in my garage because it is like 10 degrees outside.

My impressions of it are mostly positive after messing with some settings. It is bigger than I thought it was going to be. I thought it wouldn’t be much larger (longer and wider) than our Prius, but it is. I wish it had a way to make the mirror retract when the car turns off instead of when you lock or walk away from it. If that setting exists, I can’t find it.

I had a lot of trouble getting the FordPass to connect. I had to delete the car and activate it a second time for it to work. I also can’t figure out how to push my settings from the phone app to the car. The instructions say that there should be a “send to vehicle” button somewhere, but there isn’t. So I am just stuck with the profile picture from the profile I made in the vehicle. I was able to connect my profile with my PaaK from the app, I just can’t change the profile picture or send trips or anything because of the lack of a “send to vehicle” button. I’ll probably get in contact with ford at some point.

One thing I do want to complain about is build quality. I haven’t owned an American car in a while and I thought it had improved more than it has. It’s not Tesla bad, but it is no Porsche or BMW. Put this next to a Macan and touch all the surfaces and tap and push on panels, and it is obvious which one is made better.

I’ll post some better picture and give a better review when I get more time with it.
Sponsored

Jay_CincyOH

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BWM i3
Occupation
Scientist
Country flag
I had an order in for an Infinite Blue Premium, but was mad I missed the chance to get Grabber Blue. Well, I got lucky and was able to just get one off a dealer lot. Even got to use A/Z plan.

8AC5B2EE-A2E6-41AA-A8DD-90A993297DA2.jpeg

My impressions of it are mostly positive after messing with some settings. It is bigger than I thought it was going to be. I thought it wouldn’t be much larger (longer and wider) than our Prius, but it is. I wish it had a way to make the mirror retract when the car turns off instead of when you lock or walk away from it. If that setting exists, I can’t find it.

I had a lot of trouble getting the FordPass to connect. I had to delete the car and activate it a second time for it to work. I also can’t figure out how to push my settings from the phone app to the car. The instructions say that there should be a “send to vehicle” button somewhere, but there isn’t. So I am just stuck with the profile picture from the profile I made in the vehicle. I was able to connect my profile with my PaaK from the app, I just can’t change the profile picture or send trips or anything because of the lack of a “send to vehicle” button. I’ll probably get in contact with ford at some point.

One thing I do want to complain about is build quality. I haven’t owned an American car in a while and I thought it had improved more than it has. It’s not Tesla bad, but it is no Porsche or BMW. Put this next to a Macan and touch all the surfaces and tap and push on panels, and it is obvious which one is made better.

I’ll post some better picture and give a better review when I get more time with it.
How does it compare to your i3? My MME Premium wil be replacing my 2018 i3-Rex. Curious to hear how the MME compares to the BMW.....

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag

Ford Mustang Mach-E I was able to get a GB FE off the dealer lot 8AC5B2EE-A2E6-41AA-A8DD-90A993297DA2

What dealer?

OP
OP
TheStig

TheStig

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
How does it compare to your i3? My MME Premium wil be replacing my 2018 i3-Rex. Curious to hear how the MME compares to the BMW.....
Honestly, I like the way the i3 drives better. At least the steering feel and agility. A lot of that can be contributed to the shorter wheelbase and the lighter weight of the i3. Visibility is also way better on the i3. Everything else is better on the Mach-E.

TheVirtualTim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Escape Hybrid
Country flag
Congrats on your car!!

My impressions of it are mostly positive after messing with some settings. It is bigger than I thought it was going to be. I thought it wouldn’t be much larger (longer and wider) than our Prius, but it is.
Yep, I also replaced a Prius. While I did expect the MME to be bigger ... I was even bigger than I thought. I have two single garage doors instead of one large door ... it's a tight fit going through the door so I have to be especially careful.

I had a lot of trouble getting the FordPass to connect. I had to delete the car and activate it a second time for it to work.
I had the same experience. I could not "Activate" the car from Ford Pass. I called Ford for help ... initially they didn't find anything but about 15 minutes later the same person called back and told me to remove the car from Ford Pass and then re-add it (they suggested scanning the QR code on the lower-right corner of the window sticker. You can also scan the QR code at the bottom of the driver's door). IN ADDITION they had me do a master-reset. I'm wondering if the master-reset was really necessary ... perhaps just deleting and re-adding the car to Ford Pass might have been enough.

I also can’t figure out how to push my settings from the phone app to the car. The instructions say that there should be a “send to vehicle” button somewhere, but there isn’t. So I am just stuck with the profile picture from the profile I made in the vehicle.
Same here. HOWEVER ... I scrutinized the text and noticed it says "When your car arrives ... do these steps'. It was the "When your car arrives" bit that caught my attention ... Ford doesn't realize this car has been delivered.

I went into my Ford Account (where you would have placed a reservation) and realized it still says the car is at the dealer and I need to schedule the appointment to take delivery and complete the sale.

So my "guess" is that after Ford recognizes the car is delivered ... this might actually work.

I took delivery very late Friday afternoon ... the dealer may not have pushed through all the paperwork. On Monday afternoon I noticed my car prompted that my profile had shown up ... but I had to drop off the car to be Ceramic Coated so I pressed the "remind me later" button. I'll configure it when I get the car back later this week.

I was able to connect my profile with my PaaK from the app, I just can’t change the profile picture or send trips or anything because of the lack of a “send to vehicle” button. I’ll probably get in contact with ford at some point.
Again ... this *might* just start working after a day or two once the database that Ford Pass is using gets updated to realize you actually have the car.

Enjoy the car!

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Congrats - looking forward to your experiences after driving and playing with the car

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
I hear you, but for now, and range and pricing considered, what other choice do we have? When there is a 270+ mile range Macan or similar suv available, and at earthly pricing, please let me know. I'm willing to pay a bit more for better high end quality gladly if there is such a thing. But so far, I have not found any suitable candidates. Maybe in 2022 their will be better choices. But for the value and for now I think the Mach E is still a winner.

RonTCat

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E wannabuy
Country flag
I hear you, but for now, and range and pricing considered, what other choice do we have? When there is a 270+ mile range Macan or similar suv available, and at earthly pricing, please let me know. I'm willing to pay a bit more for better high end quality gladly if there is such a thing. But so far, I have not found any suitable candidates. Maybe in 2022 their will be better choices. But for the value and for now I think the Mach E is still a winner.
OK, long story... had some mates go to a Mercedes plant many years back to find out why their paint shop gave results much better than Fords. Mercedes has the best factory paint, hands down.

Results were surprising... Mercedes paint automation, well, sucked. Ours was far superior. So why are did their paint come out so good? They had to do 3 repaints on EVERY car to get it right. End result was double our paint thickness, and a nice finish. That's what you are paying huge $$$ for.

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
As to build quality, better is certainly better, but I dunno if it is a fair expectation to have Ford match BMW or especially Porsche in this regard given the differing price points. E.g., how much does an Escape cost vs an X3 or a Macan?

I’ll stand corrected if people think Volkswagen matches Porsche on build quality, I have no personal experience with that brand.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I wish it had a way to make the mirror retract when the car turns off instead of when you lock or walk away from it. If that setting exists, I can’t find it.
You can manually tell it to fold the mirrors with a button on the driver's inside door handle (labeled "A"):

Ford Mustang Mach-E I was able to get a GB FE off the dealer lot Screen Shot 2021-02-09 at 5.26.58 PM

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
The upside is that you're helping to employee American engineers, designers, marketing folks, and parts suppliers. You're also supporting a company that is actually trying to be environmentally conscious rather than fake it like VW.

OP
OP
TheStig

TheStig

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The upside is that you're helping to employee American engineers, designers, marketing folks, and parts suppliers. You're also supporting a company that is actually trying to be environmentally conscious rather than fake it like VW.
As somebody from Michigan, it is very disappointing that it is made in Mexico with 70% Mexican parts.

OP
OP
TheStig

TheStig

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
This is obviously why I bought the Ford. I test drove a Taycan, and it was exceptional. Except, the Taycan I test drove had a sticker price of $155,000.

I was really just trying to point out that if you ignore the EV aspect, you have to swallow a pill that a Macan is around the same price.