Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
I have a feeling my observations are going to end up in line with yours as far as the interior. I wouldn't have minded a little Alcantara myself, but as far as the visors go they will be easier to keep clean without cloth, but not as nice. Our MB B Class EV may have been a compliance car but the interior is pretty spot on. Of course it was $50k new with only 90 mile range so nothing's perfect. ;)

I don't get leaving tilt off the seats (or 4 way lumbar, rear ambient lighting) but hoping I will not need that to get the adjustment just right.

Another small update. I really enjoy driving this car, which is something I never thought I would say about a crossover/suv. I'm starting to get used to the quirks and they are bothering me less and less everyday.

New observations:
  • There is a physical defrost button to the left of the headlight control! When pressed, it turns on both the front and rear window defogger/defrost. I bet they put this in because you might be wearing gloves when you first get into your car.
  • You can increase the size of the large portion of the infotainment. It looks great in the larger version for everything but CarPlay, where it just leaves blank space. Built in nav looks great and there are so many radio preset buttons!
  • PaaK is not perfect, but it does work. Sometimes I have to press the unlock button twice to get in, but it hasn't left me stranded or anything.
  • I kind of like the auto braking feature with the parking sensors. It probably isn't the intended use-case, but I just pull the car into my garage until it stops itself.
  • I can't figure out how to manually switch cameras. I found the 3 settings for the different modes, but it seems to only show me either the front camera(s) or the rear when I try the non-360 camera settings, and I can't switch manually.
  • There is too much plastic. The pillars are all plastic instead of cloth. The sun visors are plastic! Close to $60k and the sun visors are plastic! C'mon Ford. I'm not expecting Alcantara, but some cheap black cloth at the least.

The only thing that still super bothers me, and is my lest favorite thing about the car, is the fact that the seat bottom doesn't have a tilt adjustment. To get my legs comfortable, I have to be slid down and back so far that when I look to my left I am looking at the (plastic) B-pillar. I'm only 5'10".
Sponsored

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
There is a physical defrost button to the left of the headlight control! When pressed, it turns on both the front and rear window defogger/defrost. I bet they put this in because you might be wearing gloves when you first get into your car.
You know that's funny you mention it. My best friend went with me to test drive the Mach E. He mentioned how he drove a Tesla a year or so ago. And while he was driving, the windows fogged up really bad really quick. He had no idea where in the menus on the center screen to turn on the defroster. And almost hit another car trying to pull over because he couldn't see out the windows.

Its not something I'd really ever think of until you need it really quick, but that's one thing you want to be able to easily turn on, without digging through a menu on a screen to control.