I was only whelmed by my Tesla test drives

Hammered

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 PB F150, MME GTPE
Country flag
This is true. Except Tesla then ruined it by limiting built in Spotify to 96kbps, even if you pay for the premium connectivity package. So much for good tech.
Reminds me just how shitty sirius is. It was okay 14 years ago, but to still have that dialup quality. Sucks to be them. They need to increase the bitrate or just fold.
Sponsored

DustyShades

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium AWD Ex Infinite Blue
Country flag
Itā€™s the interior for me. It just isnā€™t great. And the single screen in the middle is just such a terrible user experience. Itā€™s fast though and the tech is pretty good. Also canā€™t go wrong with the charging network. Tesla just isnā€™t for me though

EVnewbie3000

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Premium ER AWD
Country flag
Regarding the B&O sound system, i have found that setting the audio to ā€œsurroundā€ sounds leaps and bounds better than ā€œstereoā€, which is the default setting. Anyone have similar experience?

Monke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang
Country flag
I finally had a chance to go to a big city. I saw 7 Model Y in one parking lot and the parking lot was not even a big one. They looked so plain and I actually had to try looking for them. There were probably more than 7 Model Y but some did not catch my eyes. I walked pass two of them and did not even recognize them at first. When I got home and saw our Mach E, it looked so sharp and beautiful. Sure, Mach E is more expensive. Beautiful things are always expensive and require high maintenance.

ab13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rav4 Hybrid
Country flag
I did not like that the one pedal driving is now the fixed default. They removed the setting for low, and it can't be turned off. Also, the solid vinyl seats don't seem appealing in summer.

JohnFoxeSheets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
Also OP would you say you're superstitious or only a little stitious? šŸ˜‚
Ford Mustang Mach-E I was only whelmed by my Tesla test drives 96579255-BA00-4110-A3DA-2857DE1FD3BE

Iā€™d prefer to not be engulfed, submerged, or buried in a Teslaā€¦

randomvoice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E GT
Country flag
Weā€™ve initiated a buy back from Ford over our Mach-E issues. Awaiting their offer which should happen this week. Over this past weekend we went and test drove a Long Range Model Y and I have to say that the Mach-E just didnā€™t even compare. Not even close.
As someone who owns both, I think you're giving Tesla wayyy too much credit there. Maybe the lemon left a bad taste for you. I own a GTPE and wife owns a LR Y. The Y has a better supercharging network, technology (touch screen is more responsive along with Sentry), charging speed and that is it. In every other aspect, both me and my wife like the Mach E GTPE way more be it comfort while driving, driving dynamics, interior quality, exterior looks, carplay and heck even small things like actually having a blindspot sensor as opposed to having a stupid camera I need to look at and determine if there is a car in the lane. We paid early 2022 prices and thankfully have a build from August so no HVJBJ issues.

I've never had issues with my PAAK on either cars. Charging speed wasn't a big deal since we rarely roadtrip and L2 chargers at home mean we always come to a 'full tank'. I don't think having a more 'responsive' touchscreen is a dealbreaker. 95% of what you do in a car is need maps and IMO Carplay Maps > Native maps in general.

Overall, yeah right now at a lower price, a Y makes more sense but Mach E especially the GT/GTPE modes are way more fun and feel much more 'premium' compared to an average Y.

Hammered

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 PB F150, MME GTPE
Country flag
As someone who owns both, I think you're giving Tesla wayyy too much credit there. Maybe the lemon left a bad taste for you. I own a GTPE and wife owns a LR Y. The Y has a better supercharging network, technology (touch screen is more responsive along with Sentry), charging speed and that is it. In every other aspect, both me and my wife like the Mach E GTPE way more be it comfort while driving, driving dynamics, interior quality, exterior looks, carplay and heck even small things like actually having a blindspot sensor as opposed to having a stupid camera I need to look at and determine if there is a car in the lane. We paid early 2022 prices and thankfully have a build from August so no HVJBJ issues.

I've never had issues with my PAAK on either cars. Charging speed wasn't a big deal since we rarely roadtrip and L2 chargers at home mean we always come to a 'full tank'. I don't think having a more 'responsive' touchscreen is a dealbreaker. 95% of what you do in a car is need maps and IMO Carplay Maps > Native maps in general.

Overall, yeah right now at a lower price, a Y makes more sense but Mach E especially the GT/GTPE modes are way more fun and feel much more 'premium' compared to an average Y.
I'm in a smallish town in the SE -- Teslas are everywhere here, of course most are white. Fair mix of 3s and Ys. I just saw the 3rd MME in the area w/ a drive out tag. 2 Xs and 2 Ss that I've seen. I'd known everything about every model when I got the PE. The biggest complaints are things that can be patched out. Ford drags far too much ass when it comes to delivering software updates. It sounds like they've thrown in the towel switching to an android based OS. Fitting I guess since the car is powered by galaxy s7 brain.

Dave-O

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, Odyssey
Occupation
Fuel hauler
Country flag

I just donā€™t get thatā€¦the Mach-E to me feels like a 90ā€™s GM car to me when opening and closing the doors. It always feels super cheap and that was before the issues. The Texas built model Y on the other hand felt solid from the doors to sitting in the interior. Perhaps youā€™re right and we will find out. Either way , yes the price drop is greasing the wheels alright.

Hammered

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 PB F150, MME GTPE
Country flag
I just donā€™t get thatā€¦the Mach-E to me feels like a 90ā€™s GM car to me when opening and closing the doors. It always feels super cheap and that was before the issues. The Texas built model Y on the other hand felt solid from the doors to sitting in the interior. Perhaps youā€™re right and we will find out. Either way , yes the price drop is greasing the wheels alright.
With another door open, or the windows down, the MME door closing does sound like crap. Not sure if anyone has put sound deadener in the doors, and if it's changed it. I will be doing so here before too long. There's a lot of noise in the door panels (beat on them and listen).

My F150 w/ all windows up / doors closed requires substantially more force to close the doors (sealed too well). It doesn't sound like the MME -- The MME has a cheap ass plastic window regulator module that sounds like cheap ass plastic. Mine has the parts on order to replace the driver's window unit as the piece of shit cheap plastic has already loosened up too much and flexes on closing causing the auto windows to go stupid. Creaks and sounds cheap.

The worst part is that the dealer made me first schedule a week out just to 'confirm' it was the cheap ass plastic before ordering the parts to schedule a future install. Since the MME is BEV, and only BEV Q'd techs can even so much as touch a BEV, and there's only 1 within 30 miles of here, well it's as fun as you'd expect such a hassle to be.

Dave-O

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, Odyssey
Occupation
Fuel hauler
Country flag
With another door open, or the windows down, the MME door closing does sound like crap. Not sure if anyone has put sound deadener in the doors, and if it's changed it. I will be doing so here before too long. There's a lot of noise in the door panels (beat on them and listen).

My F150 w/ all windows up / doors closed requires substantially more force to close the doors (sealed too well). It doesn't sound like the MME -- The MME has a cheap ass plastic window regulator module that sounds like cheap ass plastic. Mine has the parts on order to replace the driver's window unit as the piece of shit cheap plastic has already loosened up too much and flexes on closing causing the auto windows to go stupid. Creaks and sounds cheap.

The worst part is that the dealer made me first schedule a week out just to 'confirm' it was the cheap ass plastic before ordering the parts to schedule a future install. Since the MME is BEV, and only BEV Q'd techs can even so much as touch a BEV, and there's only 1 within 30 miles of here, well it's as fun as you'd expect such a hassle to be.
that tracks with our experience. Itā€™s enraging to schedule an appointment only for the dealer to take a week just to look at it and confirm the complaint. Or the fact that the cars been in the shop for over 60 days of the last six months without a loaner.

Hammered

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 PB F150, MME GTPE
Country flag
that tracks with our experience. Itā€™s enraging to schedule an appointment only for the dealer to take a week just to look at it and confirm the complaint. Or the fact that the cars been in the shop for over 60 days of the last six months without a loaner.
Damn man, I'm pissed for you. That's unacceptable. You know what they say about squeaky wheels and grease. I'd call everyone involved in it daily as well as harass ford on twitter w/ hashtags, also daily. Counter every excuse with "well if you were doing everything you could, I'd be driving your car". Make it a tweet saga "day xx of my vehicle being at ford dealer ..."

In-fact it'd be a wise idea for anyone whose been without their vehicles for extended periods of time, just start tweeting daily of everyone who's without their vehicle. Social media shitstorm :)

Regularly tag various YT / Vehicle publications and watch unsold MMEs pile up while ford shits on their customers.

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Sound deadening the entire car is the very first mod I do.. Did this to my Premium two years ago and the GT last year. After doing the doors, you will not get a solid "thunk" when closing them (and sometimes complements on how solid they sound). However, I mainly do the doors for a better sounding audio system. Besides coating the entire inner part of the outer door panel with Dynamat, I then cover that with Dynaliner closed cell foam. Now, instead of a metal echo chamber speaker enclosure, you have a very well damped enclosure that completely changes the your audio system for the better. I've had more than one Mach-E owner ask what I did that improved the audio system which they noticed right away. Besides adding a sub, deadening the doors was the only other thing. Many many years ago I worked as an installer for a high end audio company and every high end system we did started by sound deadening the doors.

sgriffin130

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Red Mach E- C/T Pkg, '23 Escape PHEV/Prem Pkg
Occupation
Dentist(retired)
Country flag
I rented a model x on turo before buying the Mach-E. I was completely unimpressed. One writer described tesla as a performance monster wearing khaki dockers. I wouldn't buy one with the choices available today, but I'd rather see a tesla on the road over another gas guzzling "crossover".
My son-in-law and daughter in France had a model X for 5 years and shortly after they got it, we were there and I got to drive it on the highway. I wasn't into electric cars at the time, but thought it was cool. We were again visiting last summer and I had the opportunity to ride in it quite a bit on local roads while sitting in the third row to give my granddaughters a break. The ride was VERY harsh-got pounded. So I was not impressed with the suspension and have never been a fan of the interior accoutrements. Much prefer the Mach E despite the size difference.

Dave-O

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, Odyssey
Occupation
Fuel hauler
Country flag
Damn man, I'm pissed for you. That's unacceptable. You know what they say about squeaky wheels and grease. I'd call everyone involved in it daily as well as harass ford on twitter w/ hashtags, also daily. Counter every excuse with "well if you were doing everything you could, I'd be driving your car". Make it a tweet saga "day xx of my vehicle being at ford dealer ..."

In-fact it'd be a wise idea for anyone whose been without their vehicles for extended periods of time, just start tweeting daily of everyone who's without their vehicle. Social media shitstorm :)

Regularly tag various YT / Vehicle publications and watch unsold MMEs pile up while ford shits on their customers.
Oh well, I finally made a call to Ford corporate and politely explained that an attorney was on the table and they immediately began the review process for the buy back. Theyā€™ve approved it and we are waiting to see what they offer. I really donā€™t want to get lawyers involved but if they try to bend us over then we just might.
Sponsored