I was told yesterday the wait is 24 weeks. Seriously?

OP
OP
NCSolarFarmer

NCSolarFarmer

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, Ram 2500 & 3500, old Leaf, Chrysler 300
Country flag
Just to finish this thread with an update... We ended up buying a demo yesterday from a Charlotte dealership. Other than color (Rapid Red) and mileage (2015), the car met our requirements; MME, ER, RWD. We were Ok with the 2,015 miles vs. waiting until, potentially, 2022 for the car we ordered. We plan to drive over to the dealership where we placed the MME order and let them know we found a car. I'm not sure what to do about the reservation yet, which is still not scheduled for production.
Sponsored

praxiscat

First Name
Christine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E, Tesla Model 3
Country flag
I just put in my order recently, I am fine with 24 weeks. This is a new model that is VERY popular.
I should note, I have communicated with my dealer regarding this.
In terms of the lack of communication, the reality is you won't hear from ford until it gets a production date. There is likely a long list of buyers at this point.
Now I can buy one today in a couple of colors besides the one I ordered, no loss there.

murphy62

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Tesla S90D, 2021 Mach-E AWD ER
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Ford ETA estimates are crazy.

From today's Vehicle Visibility Report I found that my car is in Enola, PA. That is on the west side of the river at Harrisburg, PA. It is approximately 100 miles from Philadelphia, PA.

The ETA still says the window is July 24 to July 30. i.e. more that a month.

At 1 mph that distance could be covered in 4.17 days.
At 10 mph it would take 10 hours.
Sponsored