I went to pick up my Mach-E today and found this...

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150, Mustang Mach E Premium AWD ER
Occupation
Hemp building materials entrepreneur
Country flag
Still reeling from this experience. I reached out to my dealer on Friday because it looked like my car was delivered unexpectedly early - they confirmed and sent a few pictures and said it was getting detailed. I told them I was out of town but they said I could come pick it up whenever. I was working with the dealer on insurance and financing over the weekend and decided I would come a day early and take the 2hr bus ride to the dealership to pick up the car since the dealer confirmed that morning it was ready.

While I was getting off the bus I got a call from the dealer saying there was a problem. My car was in the shop for a "scratch" and would not be ready today or tomorrow, but we could still sign the paperwork. I asked to see the car and test drive which he said was not possible. When I went into the shop I found this:

Ford Mustang Mach-E I went to pick up my Mach-E today and found this... IMG_0019

Ford Mustang Mach-E I went to pick up my Mach-E today and found this... IMG_0018

Ford Mustang Mach-E I went to pick up my Mach-E today and found this... IMG_0017

Ford Mustang Mach-E I went to pick up my Mach-E today and found this... IMG_0016

Ford Mustang Mach-E I went to pick up my Mach-E today and found this... IMG_0014

Ford Mustang Mach-E I went to pick up my Mach-E today and found this... IMG_0013

Ford Mustang Mach-E I went to pick up my Mach-E today and found this... IMG_0012

The dealer was quite nice and assured me it will return to "flawless", but it sure looks like a lot going on (taillights, tailgate interior, pony emblem) for a scratch and I don't know why this wasn't surfaced until the last possible moment. It's making me seriously second guess the transparency and honesty right now not to mention inconvenienced my Monday which I took off.

Needless to say I didn't sign anything and took the 2 hour bus home. Dealer was kind enough to give rides to/from the bus stop. Really at a loss for what to do from here. I want to be able to say nothing but nice things about the Mach-e, but if you can't safely unload a car from a trailer how are you going to get right OTA, plug and charge, FordPass, and heaven's forbid BlueCruise?

Don't want to put @Ford Motor Company on blast but hate to kick off my Mach-e experience this way after 6 months of anticipation. Spent the rest of the night giving my F-150 some extra love. ?

Scarpia

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infinite Blue Premium, Standard Range, RWD
Country flag
:eek: Ouch. That's a terrible thing to have happen after waiting for so long, and having to take a 2-hr. bus ride on top of it. Best of luck and I hope it all comes out OK in the end.

ZuleMME

First Name
Zule
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' Job1 P4X MME, 22' MYP
Occupation
Implementation Engineer
Country flag
I’m doing this as my first Ford ever. And I have to say if I found what you just did I’m pretty certain I’d run the other way and wait for other EV’s. The flood gates are opening and many are in route. That said, I want a Mach E bad enough that I can certainly see where people would look the other way for issues. But wow, that’s not new. Lexus screwed me in the past with a CPO that was hail damaged and improperly repaired (Developed rusted through hole in the roof) and they refused to fix it! Anything not brand spanking new scares me.

MachE1977

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Tesla Model 3/ 2020 Mazda Miata Club
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Not that bad, you'll probably get a little rattle in the back once in a while but you'll be driving something better than other EV brands.....

T_to the_A

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Mustang V6 Red Candy Metallic, 2021 Mach-e Premuim AWD St Range Shadow Black
Occupation
I sell wine
Country flag
Wow.
I can honestly say I know EXACTLY how you feel, and after viewing this link to MY experience I think you can try and step back and take a deep breath or two. Easy to say over the forum, but your issue is really not a big deal. Cars are built from many parts, seeing them in states of disassembly is jarring for certain! If there ever is a place you want them looking like their “guts” are on full display I’d think many would agree the dealer is where you want it to look as such.

I truly cannot believe the parallel between your “scratch” and my “scuff”.

Perhaps that is the verbiage that they teach the sales folk. I would have preferred some straightforward, no BS from my rep, but in the end, there WERE some scuffs that needed remedying. The ones on my door areas probably came from all the time spent in the Service dept. In the end, the car is an everyday joy and I am happy I didn’t ‘run away‘ as a few posters on my thread suggested. I stayed the course, by remembering that I ordered the MachE in Nov of 2019! What was another week or two!?

If you feel like using my roller coaster ride as a salve, I can say that after all the issues I dealt with, it was all worth the wait....so far.
Fingers crossed it stays that way!!

https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...is-standard-pdi-pre-delivery-inspection.5619/

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
What a frustrating experience, maybe the dealer can throw in some goodies to try and make up for it.

I think your Mach-E will be 100% fine, agree with the other poster that it just looks bad. But without a major accident collision, I just don’t think the potential is really there for some kind of unfixable lasting damage.

By the way, nice color combo.

Stang68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mustang Mach E GT Performance
Country flag
I'm sorry to hear about your issue, hopefully they get it all sorted correctly (and are being honest with you). Like @ARK said, maybe the dealer can throw in some goodies for you, possibly even the Ford Connected Charger (mention the dealer survey...).

On a positive note, even in their shop, your Mach E is looking sharp! Nice color.

Nklem

First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Solterra
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Country flag
Great Color. Since your car will have repaired damage, even minor damage, I would insist for some money off at closing. You know it had damage, they need to disclose it to you and/or any other buyer. It’s a brand new car!

i am so sorry this happened. If you decide to accept and not re-order, I would also make sure the repair is 100% perfect and flawless. Go over it well, look in the sun, shade,, under a light and make sure the paint blend is perfect. There should be zero dust or defects etc in the paint. I just ceramic coated mine and Ford‘s factory finish is impeccable. I also would ask for a lifetime warranty on the repair and paint.

I see a lot of dust on the gate, why are they not sealing off the interior to keep it out? Sanding with an open interior will be a bear to clean after.

Finally inspect the interior that they disassembles for any signs of service.

Dealers are dishonest. Period. When I prepped mine for ceramic I found it was waxed with a colored “blue” wax to hide any defects. I was relieved to find none but took pictures of the”blue” cloths anyway in case I found something.

let us know what your final decision is. The sad part is if you did not call them, or if you scheduled delivery a little later, they probably would never had told you.

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E , 22 MachE, 62 C10 Big window long bed
Occupation
Loafer
Country flag
How the sausage is made can be disturbing to some..

On a personal note,. I really do not like the white interior as it more readily shows usage over time. The scuff by the pano roof is a good example. Also really have no love of a pano roof, the sun is not my friend...

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
That makes sense: If there was a scratch on the lower portion of the tailgate the dealer would likely remove all the stuff (lights, emblem, etc.) instead of masking because masking would look so much worse. Besides: they are a dealer and have detailed instructions on how to disassemble and reassemble everything.

So yeah: looks worse than it is and will likely go back together just as good as it was with no rattles at all.

Nklem

First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Solterra
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Country flag
Make sure they get those marks off the headliner when they're done.
I did not even notice that on my Phone this AM. Now that I am on a PC it's pretty clear. Yes, check everything in great detail before you accept. I do not like how they just threw everything in the back. Also, have a good look at the parts/trim pieces for broken clips. They tend to break on any removal and some shops just snap it back an pretend nothing broke.

I would personally inspect the parts before re-installation. I am so sorry to be posting so much. I have had bad experiences with dealers and you struck a nerve with me.

I will say, my buying the Mach E was the best dealer experience I have ever had.

Last edited:

Echostorm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black Prem MME x4
Occupation
Code Monkey
Country flag
I laughed at first when I saw the first picture. It was like a baby car wearing an enormous diaper.

Then I read the post and feel bad that you have to go through this. A lot of us have been emotionally invested in getting our maches for months now, checking the delivery tracker multiple times a day and watching review videos to get our fix, having that bubble popped by a bad delivery and dealer is just terrible. Hang in there, you're among friends.

Earplug

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 GT-PE
Country flag
This is getting to be a little common. Vehicles are being damaged in transit on the trains. When the Tow Company came to pick up my MME after the wreck he told me he picks up a number of Fords every week to take them to the body shop.
Sponsored