Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
I'll preface this by saying that I normally NEVER go near YouTube, and things like THIS is why. This guy makes Baghdad Bob look like a source of fair, unbiased, fact-based information.
Tesla Fanboy Reviews BlueCruise
Sponsored

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
I love how well informed he is. Especially about the infrared eye motion lights. I couldn’t watch past that.

OP
OP
Jimrpa

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Oh man, that guy was hilarious - every time I watched him I felt like it was an SNL skit
TBH, I used "Baghdad Bob" because I was struggling to think of an inoffensive example.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
YouTube isn't that bad, just use the search and only subscribe to "channels" you've vetted.

It also learns what you like so if you don't like seeing junk like that don't watch it and it won't suggest it to you.

The only thing is, much like everywhere else I've seen, the moment you watch some goofy video just because you're curious about it YT starts suggesting all kinds of similar stuff LOL.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
YouTube isn't that bad, just use the search and only subscribe to "channels" you've vetted.

It also learns what you like so if you don't like seeing junk like that don't watch it and it won't suggest it to you.

The only thing is, much like everywhere else I've seen, the moment you watch some goofy video just because you're curious about it YT starts suggesting all kinds of similar stuff LOL.
I pretty much stick to that guy with the blue hair and the grabber blue FE MME. That might explain the suggestions come to think of it .... ;)

mburtsvt

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just 1 Rapid Red Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I laughed so hard I p'ed a little. Makes you feel a little sorry for Tesla fan boys, but good for them.

OP
OP
Jimrpa

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I pretty much stick to that guy with the blue hair and the grabber blue FE MME. That might explain the suggestions come to think of it .... ;)
He and his partner are very good,. I really appreciate their honest, straightforward style of explaining things in a manner that everyday people can grasp. And their videos go at just the right pace. I do think that coordinating your hair color to your car (or vice versa) is slightly excessive (or at least a bit monochromatic). Of course, I’m not one to speak - I have horrible fashion sense.
Having a technical background, I also find that Engineering Explained guys videos interesting, although he covers a broader range of topics.
There’s one guy that all my Tesla fanboy friends keep sending me videos of who seems to be that guy in the neighborhood you can picture yelling at “those darned kids to keep off his lawn!” I’ll give you a summary of every one of his videos: Tesla: “This is the most brilliant, innovative piece of engineering I’ve ever seen! It’s far beyond the alien technology they’re hiding at Area 51!”. Anyone else: “Good god! This is utter crap! The mechanics look like they were designed by a bunch of 16th century religious philosophers, and the electrical system appears to have been scavenged from the remainders of a radio shack that’s gone out of business. This, boys and girls, is the product of a failed company!”
Sponsored

Last edited: