Younger8027

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I received an email from my dealer this morning that said I needed to choose an alternate color because Ford is no longer producing MME in Iconic Silver. Has anyone else heard this? I ordered my ER Premium edition back in May and still dont have a production date. He says I need to choose a second color or wait until 2022. If anyone can confirm that Iconic Silver is no longer being offered, it would very much be appreciated.
Sponsored

secretvampire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Dark Matter Gray MME GT
Country flag
I wonder if Ford just doesn't have any Iconic Silver production slots left for the 2021 MY if they are telling you it would be possible to wait for 2022 MY.

will

First Name
Not Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ridgeline RTL-T, 2022 MME Prem Ext Rwd
Country flag
Boy I hope I don't get this notification. unreal. when I was originally ordering I wanted the gray metallic whatever and was told to pick a different color then, which was this Silver... FML.

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
I received an email from my dealer this morning that said I needed to choose an alternate color because Ford is no longer producing MME in Iconic Silver. Has anyone else heard this? I ordered my ER Premium edition back in May and still dont have a production date. He says I need to choose a second color or wait until 2022. If anyone can confirm that Iconic Silver is no longer being offered, it would very much be appreciated.
It was mentioned here too:
https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...-similarities-and-differences.883/post-235891

I have not seen anything official from Ford about it yet.

dkmatter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE on order
Country flag
My dealer said I would probably get a email for ford as the 2021 build out for silver is already allocated and if I wanted to wait for 2022 it would become available again.

adam_thedad

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Select (Route 1 on Order)
Country flag
Hmmmm. That's what I ordered too, but only a few weeks ago....

SAM

First Name
SAM
Threads
Reaction score
A little bit of a mystical kingdom, like Camelot
Vehicles
Premium MME4X Iconic Silver
Country flag
My dealer said I would probably get a email for ford as the 2021 build out for silver is already allocated and if I wanted to wait for 2022 it would become available again.
Wow. I wonder how many silver cars were in the build out allocation? Didn't seem to be the most popular color, so smaller number to reach?

will

First Name
Not Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ridgeline RTL-T, 2022 MME Prem Ext Rwd
Country flag
I'm wondering if my choice of dealership was wrong, I know there are those on these boards who say Ford isn't following a dealer allocation model, but I honestly just don't get what is going on... Hopefully this will all make sense some time.

Rabidsquirrel22

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Camaro SS, 2021 GTPE
Country flag
Wait I have an iconic silver GT scheduled for production in 2 weeks. Does that mean I’m going to have to chance colors?? How did this work for anyone who was in this situation with an Infinite Blue car?

dkmatter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE on order
Country flag
Wait I have an iconic silver GT scheduled for production in 2 weeks. Does that mean I’m going to have to chance colors?? How did this work for anyone who was in this situation with an Infinite Blue car?
The way I understood it was if you have a build date your good, if not you need to change color or wait till some time in 2022 for it to become available again.

OP
OP

Younger8027

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
The way I understood it was if you have a build date your good, if not you need to change color or wait till some time in 2022 for it to become available again.
Yes. I spoke with the dealer and they told me the same thing. Of course they also told me that the MME is manufactured in USA and shipping times would be 2-4 weeks so I'm not extremely confident they are providing accurate information. I decided to stick with Iconic Silver and wait for the 2022 model. Ordered my 2021 May 13th...just hoping I take delivery within 12 months of original order date at this point.

BalsaDust

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium 4X, 2023 Leaf (wifes car)
Occupation
This, that, and everything
Country flag
Just checked the Ford.com order site and Iconic Silver is still an option.
But we know that could change at any moment considering the 2021 order pool is now closed.
Curious to see what colors will be available for the 2022's, guess we will find out in 17 days!
Me personally I am hoping for Eruption green currently available on the Bronco's

Tony

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Just checked the Ford.com order site and Iconic Silver is still an option.
But we know that could change at any moment considering the 2021 order pool is now closed.
Curious to see what colors will be available for the 2022's, guess we will find out in 17 days!
Me personally I am hoping for Eruption green currently available on the Bronco's

Tony
15 shades of grey. White through black. Oh and red.

I'd almost bet on that. almost. ;)